Access problems

Moderator: TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Access problems

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Well I've been unable to get to TBB since Wednesday last week - I couldn't even resolve the domain. Its obvious that other people haven't suffered the problem (as there are posts) so what's going on?

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

Me too, but i've also been having trouble with a selection of other sites. I figured it was a problem with my ISP or a bit further down the line rather than a problem with the site itself.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

To me it would happen after a certain time (@9:00pm central time.)

Then on Friday it just went down for good. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
All weekend I was home with no TBB! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

I've about a whole week without access to the page. I thought it was a problem with the University connection, but I still couldn't access the page at home till this sunday.

Sushé, the elfhater
Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Well, same thing here. Almost no Access to TBB over the last week and very bad connections (if at all) to other sites as well.
Has there been any recognizeable pattern about this www-dysfunctionality?

Joaquim

Post by Joaquim »

I only had problems with this site....
What is awfull because it's one wich I like to visit everyday....
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

But for the price.... I don't complain!!! :P

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Thank Nuffle it's back. I don't want to knock the NAF site, but it's soooooo slllooowwwww (at least on my 56k dial up). :(

Hope JohnnyP's managed to sort all the pproblems out.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Yeah, our NAF server sucks. We are gonna move it at some point.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

It ducked out again for a moment there...might have been heavy traffic I guess though. I have FUMBBL's site up at the same time. That one aint slow at all (salary has arrived...will give a donation to the server fund after I see what the BB does to my bank balance!)

Hope Johnny has the problem nailed. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a few days tho.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

For me it's only been TBB. Everything else I access just fine. This site.... gaaa. Pisses me off sometimes. The NAF board just feels lifeless and hard to negotiate. I miss you guys. :cry:

Have fun!
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

This is the first time i got on here since a short bit on the weekend.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

Having fixed the server the problem has now moved back to my router which is crashing every few hours. This could of course be down to someone deliberately bringing the router down via an internet attack. I am in contact with my supplier and I am looking to replace the current router with a different make all together as its the second identical router to suffer from this sort of problem.

Cheers

JohnnyP

Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Johnny,

Are you saying the NAF Website is running at the end of an ADSL router? What router are you using? Are you using a combined router/firewall? If you're not then you might want to check out this website. Http://www.dslsource.co.uk/ We actually brought the Vigor 2600We which is an excellent little box complete with VPN etc. Nice firewall as well plus the Wireless (802.11B - 11Mb) BUT you probably don't need the wireless in which case I'd recommend the 2600W. Having the VPN is particularly useful but also the box by default stops all inbound etc plus it supports NAT and NAPT plus a lot of other features.

The manufacturer is actually Draytek so also look at http://www.draytek.co.uk/

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised dude. If you need any help let me know. I work in IT anyway, especially in the Linux and FreeBSD area's these days. Actually supporting these platforms for Yahoo Europe so reckon I do alright.

Take it easy

Davin (BigD)

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

TalkBloodBowl is running behind an ADSL router.

It is actually the Vigor 2600 router that I have. For over a week now it has been locking up on a regular basis as the previous one did back in October/November last year. however, it has been up for a solid 9 hours now which is the longest its lasted for a while.

I've been a regular browser on Drayteks forums and seen a lot of posts from people with similar problem (not so many now, but lots last year). I've also seen that a lot of the features, such as DoS, are not working correctly and are only available in the Beta firmware which is not something I want to get into on a live service.

Cheers

John

Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i swear dude this place is down more than it's up. you really need to get another provider or something it's insane!

however much you're paying for your service, it's too much!