TBB isn't working at home again.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Snew
Legend
Legend

TBB isn't working at home again.

Post by Snew »

Aaarrrggg!!!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

For some reason everyone in the world can access TBB except me. It works at work and i can see it's been an active place, I'm jus tleft out in the cold. :cry:

I've cleared Temp files, cache, history... everything I can think of. It still doesn't work. WTF?

Reason: ''
Have fun!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Dude, im the same. I can get on TBB at home but cant post, ive deleted everything god knows how many times but still cant post a word.

I wouldnt mind so much but when your trying to sort out a tournament its a bit of a pain in the arse! :pissed:

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You're lucky.

Spare a thought for Galak, you can't access here from home or work.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

im the same...any techies help?

Post by Lycos »

I have the same problem, cant get into the web site at home, but can at work. I have gone into my internet settings etc and I cant see any reason for it not connecting....
Any one got any ideas or answers...

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Has everybody tried clearing their cache at all? The main issue I found when it moved was the initial directory stayed at /phpBB instead of changing to /phpBB2 and as the first directory didn't exist you were screwed.

BigD

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Cleared everything. Cache, history, temp internet files... ad infinitum.

Added a DNS host address or something to my network information and, VIOLA! It works again.

Screwy but I'm happy. Can anyone tell me why it worked and what a DNS is?

Have fun!
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

DNS = Domain Name System. Basically its the way TCP/IP works on the Internet. You type in a URL such as www.talkbloodbowl.com and this is converted to an IP Address which the server resides at. DNS is used so that you don't need to type in the IP Address everytime to visit a site. Afterall how often do you type in www.google.com or www.microsoft.com etc. I beat you don't know of WANT to know the IP addresses for these. Its just a computer version of Yellow Pages for The Net

BigD

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

I have this problem (yes I cleared out everything) has everyone found a solution to this? Works fine at work, but at home I get the famous internet "page not found."

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.