NAF Championship 2020 Prize team - now 2022

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

NAF Championship 2020 Prize team - now 2022

Post by spubbbba »

I'm doing the prize team again for the NAF Championship. Have decided to go with humans as they are a decent team in both resurrection tournaments and leagues.

I already had a team of 12 from the boxed set and to this added the Forgeworld booster pack, the plastic ogre and another boxed set for conversions. I wanted to do something similar to 2017 with the skaven, mostly paint standard models, but convert some to ensure all the players were unique.

I swapped the legs and arms round for the linemen, some hands from the dwarfs were used as well.

Parts from a thrower and beastman hands were added to make these 2 catchers look different from the others.

It's always nice to have a team captain, and blitzers or throwers are usually the best choice for this. His head comes from a greatsword and the arms from a dwarf runner.

Normally stars are left till last, but I'd already painted up most of the options for human teams. Part of the reason I went for humans was that I had found a colour scheme I liked painting these up. They are a mixture of 2nd edition, 5th edition and new models.

I'm hoping to have painted up all the normal players by the end of March and that will leave April for the display base and any extras. I have a 2nd edition Frank N Stein and cheerleader which could be added and would make this the most complete of the teams I have done for the NAF so far.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF Championship 2020 Prize team

Post by spubbbba »

First batch of linemen have been completed.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Throwers are done now, added a bit more white to them to help further differentiate from the darker linemen.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Catchers are finished as well, added some white to their shoes but otherwise painted the same as the throwers.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Great stuff. Always good to see these.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Blitzers are finished now as well. They got a little more decoration than the rest of the team since they are the flashy show offs. This now means all the 16 normal humans are done, just the ogre and display base to do. Plus maybe a cheerleader and other star.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF Championship 2020 Prize team - now 2021

Post by spubbbba »

Even though the tournament is postponed I am continuing with the team as I have a lot more time spent indoors.

Have finished the ogre, so just a couple more models to do. The display base may have to wait though as I probably won't be able to buy the parts for that until lockdown is over.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Frank N Stein is completed now, that's all the stars aside from Morg.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Good to see that Frank is still his youthful self!

Superb work on all of the minis!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Cheerleader is done, which means all models have been painted now. I still need to do the numbering and bases, but will struggle to get the bits needed for the display base during the lockdown. Am tempted to get Morg from Forgeworld once that opens up again to complete the team.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

With all the extra time I have I decided to add enough models to also make this an Old World Alliance team. It just needed 5 dwarfs and 2 flings to be able to be used as 2 whole teams.

Am just in the process of adding players numbers, basing and varnishing the entire team. Since there are so many models am going to skip a display base as those are kind of boring to make.

One slight concern I have is that I might have overdone things. Team consists of 24 normal players, 1 cheerleader and 6 star players, I wouldn't be able to manage this in any future teams.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Great stuff - I'd suggest this is given to best youngblood :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

sann0638 wrote:Great stuff - I'd suggest this is given to best youngblood :)
Or raffle to everyone ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Both the Human and Old World Alliance teams are finished along with the stars.

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

Looking fabulous as always Spub :D

I have the con.