Non-UK tournament interest

Moderators: Purplegoo, TFF Mods

Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Non-UK tournament interest

Post by Wulfyn »

Hi Everyone. You sexy people. I am not drunk.

Please post below if there is an overseas tournament you are seriously interested in attending. Then other people that are also interested can group together. I will also let people know about any spare spaces I have heard about.

Finally those experienced can help share their knowledge and give advice if teams are formed. And feel free to ask me questions.

Reason: ''
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Non-UK tournament interest

Post by Sandwich »

Slight aside to the not-drunken rambly question, but where would I find details about these foreign tournaments?

The non-UK sections of the Tournament Listings here on TFF do not show many tournaments happening, which I'm sure is not actually the case (e.g. in Europe there are only 23 topics. 6 of them have already happened and one was online... so that tells me there are only 16 tournaments happening in Europe in the next year).
The NAF forum is generally not worth logging in to.

If I was interested in foreign tournaments, where could I find out which ones are out there?

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

This thread will be handy as some foreign tournaments only post on their own sites e.g. Barney & I went to the Reva in Valencia this year, which has 200 coaches but they only post on bbforo.

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Sandwich wrote:If I was interested in foreign tournaments, where could I find out which ones are out there?
I normally start with the NAF site, see when I’m available to play, then look at where has an event that weekend

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Also, the NAF twitter account (which I think you already follow?) will spread some love for some of the foreign tournaments.

Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

I'm trying to get as many as possible listed on thetacklezone as well. One tricky thing as mentioned is often people only advertise in a few places and that can make it very hard to find. Please help in advertising the tz tourny / league locator - the more we get on there the more it will be used. Circle of life ;-)

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

There is a long list of tournaments on the NAF site also, with organiser details (albeit no advertising type blurb).

Kicking this off proper: I'm aiming/hoping to get out to the Danish Open next year. Largely based on travel up to Waterbowl and the Danes that regularly come over to Manchester for that. Bit of a lag between now and then, but hints/tips will assist :D

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

mawph wrote:There is a long list of tournaments on the NAF site also, with organiser details (albeit no advertising type blurb).

Kicking this off proper: I'm aiming/hoping to get out to the Danish Open next year. Largely based on travel up to Waterbowl and the Danes that regularly come over to Manchester for that. Bit of a lag between now and then, but hints/tips will assist :D
There’s often a UK coach or two heading over to the DO, it’s a great weekend. You can have a discussion with the Danish entourage at WB 19 if you’re coming (Lifetime Pass holder!). I’d also recommend contacting Lars (Mr Nuffle) who organises the event if you’ve got questions.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

It's a fun event, and very easy/cheap in terms of travel.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Leipziger wrote:
mawph wrote:There is a long list of tournaments on the NAF site also, with organiser details (albeit no advertising type blurb).

There’s often a UK coach or two heading over to the DO, it’s a great weekend. You can have a discussion with the Danish entourage at WB 19 if you’re coming (Lifetime Pass holder!). I’d also recommend contacting Lars (Mr Nuffle) who organises the event if you’ve got questions.
I very nearly put seeing Lars in his native environment as one of the reasons to be going ;)
I will be coming to the Waterbowl (free tournament for me, so a no brainer :D) just as long as the next one's not in 2029 (see your sig) :P

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

LuteceBowl in June, however I believe it's full

Detroit in Oct (IIRc) if I can make it, because travelling to the U.S for the first time when you hate flying to play with toy soldiers makes prefect sense!!

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Would this work well if structured like Lunchmoney's British Tournament Calendar? So a list of linked events folks are planning to visit, with listed travellers? Would also be a nice opportunity to recognise UK winners at foreign events.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com