Eurobowl Poland: Postponement and TE Selection Consultation

Moderators: Purplegoo, TFF Mods

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Eurobowl Poland: Postponement and TE Selection Consultat

Post by nazgob »

I think I'd be very happy with the selected. Team going to Poland next year. We'd have to assume at least one member wouldn't make it though.

Reason: ''
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Thank you to those members of the English community who have posted, plus the helpful posts from others!

After extensive discussion, the Team England Committee have voted to STICK with the current selections for Team England (both Eurobowl and Europen squads).

For the Eurobowl Team, the votes were 3 for STICK, 1 for RESET, and 1 ABSTAIN
For the Europen Team, the votes were 2 for STICK, 1 for RESET, and 2 ABSTAIN

There were many issues to take into account, and the committee hopes that those who were ambitious to play for England in Malta in 2021 will be content to wait for Malta 2022.

Overall, the deciding factors were the felt unfairness of a reset - to prepare and be chosen for Team England... and then to have it taken away would be painful, especially as the payment date for Poland is within a week.

The committee are aware that a RESET may (but not certainly) have potentially produced a more competitive team, and also that members of the community who were unable to travel this year, might have been available next year. We hope that they understand the decision and will fully support Team England.

Of course, October 2021 is a long way away, and much can change between now and then. Whilst the current squad are all keen to play in Poland 2021, they acknowledge that life circumstances may change. As always, the captain will choose a replacement, should any members of the team be forced to drop out for any reason.

In these unprecedented times, we hope that you are all well, and that you are managing to scratch your Bloodbowl itch electronically - see the weekend and NAF tournaments on Fumbbl if not.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

I think that is the most sensible approach. Whilst it may be frustrating for people who feel they are very close to breaking into the team, I think most people would recognise that losing out on a confirmed place would be pretty harsh.

Add to that the tournament scene is not going to get back on track for some time - so as the scene builds back up results may be more variable than before.

...perhaps though, Team England may need to consider what to do if there is a second wave that throws things back up in the air next year?