Back from DungeonBowl 2005...

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

MetallKopp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MetallKopp »

well, so much for an american football shirt, they should be loose around your body, so any 'skinny' man needs even XL :wink:
th whole shirt thing is that way, so don't worry about the sleeves @redfang... :D

oh well, at least I got a cool number on mine :lol:

Reason: ''
Rudi says "Masta, look! Me ate Ball! Ball tasty! I get point for eating, no?"

Up the Irons! Heavy Metal is the Law
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

I had a thoroughbly enjoyable tourney (maybe something to do with my result :-) ) . thanks to my opponents for some really thight and enjoyable matches.

I really didn't give a damn about the separation during the pub quiz. the fact that the announcements were all in german is my major beef.

I agree with traveller about the time thing, even though i finished all my matches on time. I think the best solution would be chess clocks for both opponents with an hour per player. all the other solutions as till now were open for abuse.

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

what team were you fielding Geerten? are you the new Dutch #1 do you think?

:wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
schwarzer-peter
Rookie
Rookie

Post by schwarzer-peter »

I was very pleased with the tournament. :lol:

I Hope sometime in The Future we all play with orginal Rules from Jervice
4min/turn. :wink:

The rule 120min for all is OK but not fair in every case. :roll:

In my 6 games (6game in dungeon without limit) was only one
with "timecut" in torn6/2half but the resul was 2:0 for me and very clear. 8)

1hour for each coach is good idear! :D

>>>>Sorry vor my horreble english<<<<

Frank
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Back from DungeonBowl 2005...

Post by Frank »

I second Traveller.
traveller wrote: - Best Dugout price went to a Skaven DugOut, which i didnt see. I hope, someone took a pict of it.
You find here the link of 3 pics (!Over 400KB size!) of Hagen's dugout.
http://bloodbowl.beckerf.de/html/dungeonbowl_2005.html

Cheers
Frank

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

well, just posted my picts of the DB05 at my site, too. :wink: And i took a pict of this skaven dugout , too. :roll:

Traveller

Executor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Executor »

does anyone knows how long it takes until GW has updated its homepage with the results of the tournament?
We left a little bit earlier on sunday, cause it started snowing....perhaps anyone of you made a picture of the last resultpaper (if there was one)?

thanx a lot!

If your luck goes.....follow!

NAF# 4545
http://bblh.de
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Ok, here we go......

Rant!! Rant!! Rant!!

Pub Quiz- The beer helped, but is still felt wrong that we had to stand seperate, and wait for english questions, of which there were only a few. The fact that most of the prizes to the english corner was posters, and all but one of the Dungeonbowl handbooks went to the germans also upset us a bit, there were a few collectors in the group, and even if they were in a foreign language, we would have like to get them.

Awards Ceremony - Didn't understand a bloody word of it. Oh, it was ALL in german. Luckily, tojorub was next to me, otherwise i wouldn't have had a clue as to who had won what. And unfortunately that happened a lot all weekend. Not good if you don't speak the local lingo.

Overall GW attitude - How anally retentive do you have to be, to tell a group of players, that probably know more about BB, and own more pitches and dice etc than you, that if you don't bring your pitch, and lanyard ( the card holding thing for non-english) then yer results for the last match would not be counted into the tourney result.
Only announcing after game 4, that foul results DID count towards your total CAS count!!!! :o :evil: :roll:
Fer christ sakes, if individuals, and tourney's like the DO, and Lutece etc can afford to sculpt and their own mini's, how bloody difficult can it be for a company the size of GW to make 100 itty bitty little bloody coins to give away. A lot less than a bloody stupid T-shirt i bet!!
2 Hour rule, ..... well it has all already been said. What a load of bollocks. I never had any of my games cut off, but i saw loads of others that were, and the results could have been very different if the stupid bastards had just said, ok, finish yer game quickly during the 45 minute break, and then get the results to us asap!!!! :roll:

Venue - Bloody brilliant, all in one place, no running all over town between venue, pub, and accommodation. Loved it!!!

Coaches - Wonderful people, every single one of them that i met. Except for Olaf, the cheating git!!!! :wink: Good to see you all again, and meet the one's i didn't know. Including the bloke who wanted a black NAF dice, so gave me a DB04 coin in return. Then Rolled 6 skulls with it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Easyjet - WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER LOAD OF WANK!!! THEY SHOULD BE SHOT, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE Farming BASTARDS!!!!!
Was supposed to be on a 9am flight out of Koln/Bonn. We got onto the plane. They then told us that there was a problem with the plane, and that the engineers would be there in 2 minutes to sort it out, and then we would be on our way. The engineers turned up 20 minutes later. Another 20 later, they said that the plane was broken, could we please get off the bloody plane, and go back into the terminal.
2.30 BLOODY PM!!!!!!!!!!!!! They START to figure out what to do with us!!! Either we catch a 6.20PM plane to gatwick, or a 6.20 plane from Dortmund to Luton. Fine, Luton sounds good. It's half the distance to Hereford rather than from Gatwick, besides, my coach was supposed to leave Gatwick at 12pm, i don't see it waiting for me.
Queue for an hour to get my travel to Dortmund sorted, only to watch it start pulling off as i get out the door, because some stupid Farming Bat, has said that all passengers are aboard. DID YOU CHECK YOUR Farming PASSENGER LIST!!! NO!!!!! Because you would have noticed I DIDN'T ANSWER TO MY NAME!!!
Get to Dortmund(Wonderful scenery on the way, honestly), and wait in the queue at Customer services for 10 minutes, so they can change my booking. Then 20 minutes in the check-in queue, anly to be told that i have to go back to the customer services desk, because there is a problem. Another 15 minutes in the customer service queue, and they correct the miskate. By this point, all the original passengers for the flight i have been stuck on start arriving, so another 30 minutes in the queue to check-in.
PHEW!!!! Finally checked in. Almost home!!
Luton Airport- Customer services say that they will put me on a coach to get me back to gatwick. Now let me explain for those who do not know english geograqphy. Luton is north of london. Gatwick in south of london. Hereford is north of luton. WHY THE Duck DO I WANT TO GO TO GATWICK!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Sorry, but that is all we can offer sir"
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
" So, you Duck up the plane i am on, you fly me to an airport closer to home, only to put me on a coach, and take me further away, AND you refuse to pay for any costs to get me home, which is looking like it is not going to happen tonight anyway!!!"

£42 later for a Taxi to Milton Keynes, i buy a train ticket to hereford, VIA SODDING CREWE!!!!! That is like going from Paris to Amsterdam, via Geneva.
Train ticket? £30.
Expected time of arrival? 12.30am Tuesday morning.
Except that when i get to Crewe and change trains, my connection to Shrewesbury is Farming cancelled!!! Christ on a Farming crutch!!! What next!! Wait until 11.30PM for the next train, on a station platform in the middle of nowhere in the freezing Farming cold for an hour and a half. After that, it was smooth sailing, apart from the fact that buy the time i got into bed it was 2AM, and the GF wasn't too impressed by being suddenly woken up by a human icicle climbing in next to her!!!

I think i'll leave it there. I feel a murderour rage coming on again!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Living
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Living »

I have an easyjet-Ticket to Nottingham for the BloodBowl ... brrrr :-?

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

hehehe

hey hoomin i heard dwarfcoach calling you welsh earlier ....go and beat him up before i have to play him in the league :D release that rage in a good cause :D

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I never realised Hereford was to the north of L*t*n. You live and you learn.
Seems you have just visited most of the worst towns in Britain...L**on, Milton Keynes, Crewe...

I am told that I have family in Hereford (not that I have met these supposed relations)...and they're Welsh.

Hoomin is our leader....our leader is a welshman...la la la la....

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

Norse wrote:what team were you fielding Geerten? are you the new Dutch #1 do you think?

:wink:
chaos dwarfs and with 4 wins and 2 draws i'm in with a shot. prolly mean i hit the 200 mark which is good in its own right.

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Hey Hoomin, you shouldn't have laughed at me again for getting my car towed away at the BB... :lol:

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

Redfang wrote:Hey Hoomin, you shouldn't have laughed at me again for getting my car towed away at the BB... :lol:
ROFL

Thats the 1-0 lead for Redfang :lol:

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Sorry to hear Hoomin, that beats my Bubble 2004 return trip story by far...
hoomin_erra wrote:Awards Ceremony - Didn't understand a bloody word of it.
You should drink less booze during the tourney then... :D But then the tourney would only be half the fun, wouldn't it?