Long reintroduction!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Coach_Yriel
Rookie
Rookie

Long reintroduction!

Post by Coach_Yriel »

Heya TFFers,

I've been registered on this site for a while and dropped out of Blood Bowl for a couple of years. You guys know how it goes, the Block Dice Fever can go away, but never completely, and each time it comes back it is as strong as ever! Anyway, glad to be back and looking forward to some TFF advice and minis.

If you just wanted to read the greeting then skip this part below. ;)

About me:

Southern California Blood Bowl player on and off for the last 5 years. The majority of this time has been spent playing High Elves (simple converted team below, the Fill-Ode-Elf-Ya Eagles) where I have seen a fair amount of success in small player (6-8), short-season leagues (4-6 weeks followed by playoffs). Despite playing a team with a solid passing game I play a conservative, defensive-minded cover game that makes most of its points off turnovers (since Nuffle likes to show me the skulls a lot), and will opt for passing only when necessary.

This last season was a tough one for me because I missed the 4 week regular season and entered the playoffs with a blank 1 mill roster. Still- I managed to pull off the Wild Card game against TV 1300+ and win the Semi-finals against TV 1440. The championship game was a very tough game against a TV 1700+ Woodie team that scored in the final turn beating me 2-1, so while I am pleased with my performance, yet was still horrified by my dice rolling!

The next season is right around the corner and I am now looking to put my High Elves on the shelf this time. Our league will be moving to CRP and so I thought it would be cool to try out the Slann (my team is still on order from Gaspez Arts, but it will be the Slann Diego Froggers!).

Looking for advice on starting roster TV1000 for Slann in a short league situation (4 games, then single elimination playoffs). Confirmed coaches will be playing: Humans, Amazons, Ogres, Orcs, and I expect to see maybe 1 Elf coach and yet more bashy teams.

Currently looking at:

6 Linos
3 Catchers
2 Blitzers
3 Rerolls
3 FF

But I should have access to full positionals and a "Froxigor".

Your thoughts?

Reason: ''
Pug
Legend
Legend

Re: Long reintroduction!

Post by Pug »

Slann Diego froggers!...Brilliant..welcome back to the fold...

...every thought about going stunty :D.....

"In Dodge We Trust"
Coach_Yriel
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Long reintroduction!

Post by Coach_Yriel »

Pug wrote:

...every thought about going stunty :D.....
Thanks Pug.

Yes I had considered playing halflings, but I just don't think I'm a good enough coach yet (I need to build up a tolerance for more things going wrong).

Still, it is a dream one day.