Kick, where have you been all my life?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stallard
Rookie
Rookie

Kick, where have you been all my life?

Post by Stallard »

From some good advice on the BBtactics website, i decided to take kick on a lino for my online team.

OMG.....really, where has this skill been all my life?

First game with it i kicked the ball into a neat little corner out of the range of the amazon's thrower, opened a hole with my ogre, then sent all my speed pieces howling and screaming down the pitch. got my catcher next to the ball first turn, got my blitzers in range next, got one unhappy amazon coach wondering what the hell just happened as he tries to fight off multiple players with one thrower, ignoring the line of scrimmage and starts speaking in tongues. It was a thing of beauty.

I think i might be able to pull something similar off when on the receive with hail mary pass....

Reason: ''
dsavillian
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Kick, where have you been all my life?

Post by dsavillian »

Next up?

Short kick offs against squishy teams.

:D

Coach of the Fancy Lads
Blood Bowl League of Calgary
http://twitter.com/bloodbowlcgy
@dsavillian on twitter

It's called Blood Bowl, not Fun Bowl
Stallard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stallard »

*nods* I'm getting some good experience playing around with it, its a lot of fun getting a quick touchdown when the other team is supposed to have the ball.

Now that the novelty's worn off a little bit, caging up and stalling for a few turns seems much wiser, as well as putting the ball right next to your goons when the opponent's over reacted and smothered the backfield with too many players.

There was one kick where I thought I was so cool putting it in the back pocket, and ended up pulling myself out of position when I couldn't get to the ball.

durp...>.> well, took a loss and learned a lesson.

It wasnt all bad, kind of got a freak post match....5 players got skillups and i scraped together enough money for a team reroll...then I proceeded to roll all normal skillups.

Nuffle indeed peers through the snake eyes.

dboeren
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dboeren »

Stallard wrote:its a lot of fun getting a quick touchdown when the other team is supposed to have the ball.
This is what we usually try to do. Kick deep and rush in while tying up some of their players that might help defend.

I usually take Kick on the first Lineman to level up, unless he rolls a double or stat increase.

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

I love it so much I take it as a first doubles on Skinks! :lol:

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

KOR may eventually mitigate it, but Kick is a fave for the out of the way, or "pooch" kicks... especially with ghouls and werewolves, backed by wights....

It forces the safe minded coach to spread his offense, or get "kick"ed to the other side....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Watch out I hear HMP is broken on Cyanide. (cannot turn it off for some reason)

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Heff wrote:Watch out I hear HMP is broken on Cyanide. (cannot turn it off for some reason)
I'm able to use it fine, you just need to deactivate HMP before the pass action if you don't plan on doing a HMP.
Then you just need to make sure to not use the pass skill to reroll a HMP that is not a fumble.

Stallard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stallard »

Forgive my ignorance, but whats HMP? (I couldnt find it in the list of abbreviations)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

"Hail Mary Pass"

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"