Dwarf vs Chaos Dwarf - tactic tips?

Moderator: TFF Mods

stoik
Rookie
Rookie

Dwarf vs Chaos Dwarf - tactic tips?

Post by stoik »

Third match in the cup I am in.
Won my two first and is up to 1420 in team value.
Now it is time to meet a team of chaos dwarfs.
I lost against them last time I meet them with a hair.

Any tips how to beat them?

Reason: ''
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Dwarf vs Chaos Dwarf - tactic tips?

Post by Chris »

Systematically remove all the ag 3 players?

stoik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stoik »

LOL sounds like a plan! :D

Any more tactic tips?

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

Depends on how skilled the opponent team is, if the bulls lack break tackle, then tie them up away from the action with a longbeard.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
stoik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stoik »

We both have to matches in our back, I have been very lucky with lots of goals that genereted SPP via comp, cas and td. So my team value is above 1400.
He has lost on out of two games so I think he is lower than me.

Well thank you for the advice!

I've been "working" on my starting tactics a bit more, I call it KRAM. :D

LB TS | BL LB LB LB BL | TS LB
LB

RU

The three LB in the middle has Guard.The Blitzers have Dodge and one of them got AG 4.
One TS has Migthy Blow.
Runners got Block. :D

Stoik

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Great more Dwarf Cheese.
Just making you feel welcome by insulting your choice of team :D

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
stoik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stoik »

So Heff you're a dwarf player yourself then I pressume? :D

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Dwarfs we hates em my precious

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Not sure if that is your offensive or defensive set up. I’d advise you to never put more than 3 players on the LOS when kicking unless you are behind and require a quick defensive TD or you can guarantee the other team has no chance of beating you in the blocking war.

On offence you have to be careful as with dwarfs slow speed your opponent can smash through the front lines and cut off the runner before he can cage up. It’s especially risky if a perfect defence or blitz happens. Chaos Dwarf bulls are scarily fast and pretty mobile if they have break tackle, even without it a basic dodge works on a 4+.

It also looks like you have 4 players on the left sideline.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

My son thinks dwarves are awesome. He is lining up a big squad on his DS.

I had to teach him the way of the TT vs Wood Elves... he nobley went to bed after the 3rd TD to the Wood Elves. Ah my son, I said, do not be too down hearted, I've been playing this game for 15 years. May let him play TT this Sunday with a new player a few years his senior.

Ok said son is only 9 soon to be 10.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

[PLAY-CREATOR][/PLAY-CREATOR]
Chris wrote:Systematically remove all the ag 3 players?
that is a very important advice. His hobgoblins are very fragile. If you block them any chance you get, how is he going to play the ball?

You have the block advantage in this war. Try to use it the best you can.

On offense, make a strong cage and grind your way to the TD, hitting anyone in your way, but watching carefully the clock, aiming to score on turn 8 (well, try to score on turn 7 so that if something turns wrong you have a little spare time ^.^). Go slowly but don't stop. The key is not to start your cage far away, but immediately the closest to the half-pitch as possible. If you have kick-off return, on a runner, it will really help you (you should at TV1400 :). Take it as next skill )

On defense, try to put maximum pressure without commiting yourself too much especially if one of the bull centaur gets the ball, cause he is the fastest player on the pitch.
Luckily he has low Ag so it is not that easy to give him the ball if he doesn't feel safe :)

If you get the ball off his hands at any point, put a maximum of players around. He is no elf, so even if one players sticks to the ball, he'll be in trouble picking it up.

Don't forget they don't all have block and you do! if you've got nothing else to do and it is the end of the turn, 1-die block are worth it, sometimes even 2-dice he choose if a push would put a centaur in a bad position

Considering set-up, as it has been said: never ever put more than 3 players on the LOS (save very specific cases or if your opponent has 7 players left or so). The players you put there are going to end up prone anyway. Better be just behind and position well on your first turn.

On offense, put there the number of players you need to get 2-dices block on his 3 guys. With all those guards it will be easy for you! :D

and finally, good luck. Dwarves are wonderful and I love playing with them. C.Dwarves is a very solid team so good luck! :)

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

[quote="the.tok"

and finally, good luck. Dwarves are wonderful and I love playing with them. C.Dwarves is a very solid team so good luck! :)[/quote]

No they are not they ARE overpowered beardy boring cheesemonsters

the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

Heff wrote:
the.tok wrote:

and finally, good luck. Dwarves are wonderful and I love playing with them. C.Dwarves is a very solid team so good luck! :)
No they are not they ARE overpowered beardy boring cheesemonsters
Come on! Dwarves are fun ! What's your problem with them? I can feel the elf lover :wink: they are certainly not overpowered though the rest is debatable :orc:
You get outpositionned so easily if you're not careful...

Well there is a main problem with dwarves : nobody likes playing against them :P

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

What is wrong is that the lino is a positional on any other team.
can't hurt em, can't out block em, can't dodge away from em and they packman you. Out of the box they are good,spam guard and MB (and you will) and they are exceptional. Should you kill em then you are likely to face another one exactly the same except a loner, your not likely to use re-rolls.
They cost the same as a high elf lino and are -2 move +1 armour and have three skills. give your elf 2 skills (say wrestle and dodge) and you have a good player. Give your dwarf 2 skills (MB and Guard as above) and you have a death machine.
Not saying you cannot beat em,am saying they are dull dull dull overpowered and did I say dull.
Yet Zons get all the hate! Dwarves we hates em my precious. :pissed:

Rant over :D

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Also I think Chaos Dwarves are a harder team to beat as they present more problems.