Galak is finally immortalized in pewter...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Galak is finally immortalized in pewter...

Post by Norse »

Once upon a time….

…there lived a Halfling named Thom A Sanders. Tom loved two things more than anything in the world.. like all Halflings he loved food – eating, cooking, experimenting, you name it, he loved it. He also had a love of a strange and violent sport called Blood Bowl. Thom was never brave enough to play the game it must be said, but so passionate was he about the sport than he joined the Iron Chefs team as head chef, and later as the head coach, and he led them in many successful, and a few unsuccessful campaigns.

All this time, Thom’s fame grew. Whether it was his aggressive play-calling or his mouth-watering recipes it didn’t seem to matter. Thom always gave everything his full effort and the resulting fame was well deserved. Thom’s expertise was soon sought out by a spiteful, nasty old lady who surrounded herself with lickspittle lawyers and shallow sycophants. Her real name was unknown, though she was often called the Greedy Witch by those lucky enough to have mercifully escaped her clutches!

The Greedy Witch asked Thom to give her all his recipes for something which would be called the Lil’ Recipe Book, or LRB. Thom so loved to cook and so wanted to share his knowledge that he gladly, and some might say naively, accepted. He enthusiastically set to work on the Greedy Witch’s book. He worked for her for hours, days, weeks, months and even years! The Greedy Witch never said thank you, or well done, she just kept publishing Thom’s hard work and claiming all the credit for herself, even though she didn’t really care at all about what was in there, as long as people kept buying it!

Thom had finally completed the sixth compilation of his best recipes when the Greedy Witch threw Thom out of her castle and refused to ever speak to him again. She published the book without many of Thom’s best recipes, and didn’t even so much as give him a mention in the text!
Thom refused to cower as so many others had done though. Despite being just a lowly Halfling he vowed revenge on the old crone. She sent her despicable lawyers, Ceez and D. Cyst, to threaten him, but he chased them off with little more than his steely gaze. Thom then published his recipes under his own name thereafter, and while they were never as famous as the ones in the LRB6, they were much, much better!

On the left we see our cheerful head chef standing proudly with his beloved LRB6 beneath his feet, and on the right we see our hero as he triumphantly knocks the Greedy Witch, and her filthy litigation, to the ground…

http://www.impactminiatures.com/Temp/Th ... anders.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/O ... ers001.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/O ... ers001.jpg

Hi guys,

Before I left Impact! I had the idea of doing something special for Tom. Not because he was my business partner. Not because he was my friend. But because he had been screwed over totally and utterly by the Greedy Witch.

Tom spent thousands of hours working on the various LRBs on a voluntary basis. Without Tom, I have no idea what version of Fantasy Football we would be playing, but I am 100% certain it would be worse than what we have now. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying LRB6 is perfect and Tom wouldn’t say that either, but I am saying that FF would be a far worse game, and we would be a far poorer community, without Tom.

What many of you may not know is that in 2009 Tom fell out of work, and took the very brave decision to try to make Impact! his full-time job. The end result being that while Impact! as a company has benefited hugely from all the extra attention, Tom and his family have been living on a fraction of the income. Myself and Chris (mrinprophet) both agreed we wanted to do something to help Tom, and this little mini was the best we could come up with.

All sales of this mini will go directly to Tom. The mini will be sold on the Impact! website for convenience, but the money for this will go straight to Tom. Neither myself nor Chris will get a penny. I just wanted to find a way to say thank you to Tom and try to help him through a difficult patch. If you like the mini, please buy it. If you like Fantasy Football, please buy it. If you don’t like the mini and you don’t like Fantasy Football, why are you still reading this?? :roll: :lol:

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... n=elfother

Tom, from me and Chris, thanks for everything man! :grin:

R

Myself and Chris would like to give special thanks to the NAF for permission to replicate their insignia on this mini

We would also like to thank Patrick Keith, sculptor extraordinaire, for doing such an awesome job

Finally we would like to thank Mike Noe at Iron Wind for his help in making this happen and not letting Tom find out!

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Galak is finally immortalized in pewter...

Post by lunchmoney »

Will most likely be ordering one of those later this evening......

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

Nice one :)

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lucasluckydelux »

Beautiful. Well done :)

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Very nice! Will at least buy 1.

Well deserved, too. Will there be one with a cauldron? Because there seems to be missing a photo.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Great model and superb fluff.

Look forward to purchasing one when I feel less poor.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

That will make a fantastic Master Chef.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

I will try to get a combined order from Spain...

Good idea. Specially when you taste how difficult is to get money from this bussiness. I cannot imagine how to live just selling miniatures.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nestyr »

Good stuff, and I can't think of a person more deserving.

Will certainly be ordering some of these.

Cheers,

Nestyr

"Icepelt cannot be my hero, but I wish Games Workshop could".
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Great idea and i applaud the sentiments behind it, not sure i have any need for chef, but im sure i can work the greedy witch into something useful.

Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

:D Love it.

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

The pack with the witch, does it get you the book or the book is missing in that case? In other words: "witch and book" or "witch or book"? Not so clear as in the cauldron case, where it's "and" (at least based in the picture now avaliable).

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Steam Ball wrote:The pack with the witch, does it get you the book or the book is missing in that case? In other words: "witch and book" or "witch or book"? Not so clear as in the cauldron case, where it's "and" (at least based in the picture now avaliable).
The book is included in the Pack with the Chef and the Witch

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

10 people ordering from Spain and Piling On... ;)

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Pakulkan wrote:10 people ordering from Spain and Piling On... ;)
Thanks guys much appreciated.

Tom