The Mootland Beasts

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: The Mootland Beasts

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

After six days the guys are still celebrating. I would too if I could get in another piece of pie in my belly. But a week is all the time we have before it is time to play the next game. As always our coach registered us at the Fury Cup where any team is allowed to play. And our first game was against the heavy Orc team Cleveland Crushers. Needless to say the odds were against us. Well, now that I think about it, they always are.
With such an opponent it wasn't hard to convince Deeproot to play. We also had a wizard and the best babes money can buy. As if that wasn't enough, Orcidas aggreed to sponsor Deeproot with a pair of their latest Blood Bowl sneakers specially made for trees.

First Half:
The game started as expected. The crushers started with the ball and Harley and Carl had barely time to enter the field before they ended up in the infirmary. The Crushers grinded us down slowly taking their time. The tree three managed to slow them down somewhat but our numbers dwindled each time they blitzed. In the face of such an opponent I tried hard to get the refs attention but despite sending a few players to their infirmary, the ref seemed to accept my fouling a legal play, unless he is blind of course. It didn't too long before I too ended up with the babes. At the very end the Crushers entered the endzone and took the lead.
Our last turn TD-attempt didn't work out as expected, since Oaky was knocked down toghether with his opponent(who by the way won't be playing again....ever).

Second half:
Our ball and surprisingly we also had a numeral advantage(Maybe not surprisingly, I was quite busy during the first half.). With four guys in their infirmary they were down to 10 while most of us in were "motivated" by the babes to play again. It was now things started to happen. Right after the ball landed, two more of the crushers were send out of play. We received our share of injuries as well but while we got bruises and a few broken bones, they got lasting injuries and another death( apparently their apo had a hangover). In the middle of the half, Leaf threw Entre with the ball but a failed landing handed over the ball to the orcs. They were down to 5 players now, but on the other hand so were we. The trees, me and(of course) Peter Pork. They were not in a hurry to run downfield. They had the lead and they were faster. But we had very mobile trees. Specially Deeproot. and a Wizard.
Me and Pork are disposed of as if we were yesterdays chicken stew. But a well aimed lightning bolt freed the ball. I will never forget what happened next. The game was about to end. The three trees were tangled with four orcs(the fifth was on the floor). Leaf and Oaky did what they could to move the greenskins from the ball. But one blitzer was still standing near the ball when Deeproot decided to take action. And holy Pie that was some action. I’ve never seen a tree move so fast! He removed the removed the blitzer(strained groin) and picked up the ball like he didn’t have thick clumsy branches. The he put the sneakers to work, and man did they worked!

The entire stadium literally exploded with cheers when we equalized the score.

Overtime:
You either win or lose in the Fury Cup. So we were bound for Overtime. That’s when we realized we had actually outcased orcs! Two deaths, 3 Serious Injured and 2 just Badly hurt summed up to more than half their team!
With only five players fit for playing vs our ten, it was all we could do not to cheer when the coin landed and the ref declared that we begin with the ball. They set up to intercept a throw. We set up to grind. We had a few setbacks at the beginning. Me, Pork and Lenny got hurt enough to leave the field. And Clara Carrot got a real ugly tackle that took her life. But most of the overtime they didn’t have more than two orcs standing at any given time. As soon as all orcs were marked, Entre ran with ball like there was no tomorrow.

In the end they took back the cas lead but the shame of losing against us was plain. And sweet. 2-1(7-8).

This weeks article is about Clara! Chek it out!
Player #8
Name: Clara Carrot
Position:Runner
Clara was known her peculiar interest in the occult. Who can forget the curse she cast against Darkness Of Dooms top thrower in the BloodBowl Cup? She wa also a well needed runner. Always able to be at the right place at the right time.
She will be missed.

Trivia: It is said that in her home you could find all kind if occult stuff. Who was this girl? Really?

Reason: ''
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

Despite the very unlikely victory over the Cleveland Crushers, there hasn’t been match fuss over us. None of the headlines of BloodSports has even remotely hinted at our skill or even luck at the game. On the other hand they did a two pages special with a focus on TCCs shame for being one of the few teams that has been beaten by us. Needless to say nobody expects us to go any further in the fury cup. Not even us.

As you understand there was an already gloomy mood on the team when it was time to play the semi finals against The Curse Of The Living Dead (COLD). We still remember our very first game in the league against this very same team. We were crushed that day with a 4-0 score and no one (not even the all-cocky-hot-dog-loser Peter Pork) expected anything different this time around.

So when the coin landed and they chose to receive, no one was surprised.

First Half
A very high kick allowed the wight(rumored to have been raised from an elf) to effortless get the ball while the mummies(and the rest of the shambling team for that matter) started pounding on us. Of course, Deeproots appearance was welcomed but barely had the drive started when it was clear that he was the only tree able to do anything. Both Oaky Dokey and Leaf It rooted despite all the training almost before they did anything else and even Pork realized the eight flings left on the field would be hunted one by one.
With this in mind I frantically look for someone to foul, blatantly. I really wanted the ref to take my ass from this graveyard in the making but the damned undead refused to fall over!
Still despite the gloom outlook, we played on. They advanced, we moved out of the way, trying to snipe anyone careless enough to let us gang up on him 3-1(happened twice during this drive). Deeproot was effectively marked by a zombie who was sent out to the reserve box thanks to the fact that they somehow regenerate. It’s replacer lasted the whole length of the drive despite all the hit Deep delivered.
When the elf-Wight reached the endzone Leaf and Carl Cakearm decided to go for a desperate play. Leak threw Carl downfield and he miraculously managed to knock him down getting the ball loose. In a heroic effort, he got up and picked up the ball hoping to survive the coming blitz. I must admit, when I saw him standing there with the ball, I felt something close to hope. The feeling lasted 0,8 seconds. That is the time it took the other wight(said to be raised from a black orc) to actually kill Cakearm. Lazily, one of the ghouls picked up the ball and scored.
As the time was running out of the first half, we set up for a flying gambit. Since neither Harley nor Entre had been able to regain consciousness (despite the two babes!) Lenny Lettuce II volunteered for the job (and yes, he is that stupid.). It turned out we didn’t need to hand him the ball. The ref declared a touchback and Lenny with the ball flew straight as an arrow and despite a shaky landing managed to hold on to the ball . He did a very good job in dodging a zombie and with a minimal effort got that job done. I’m impressed every time that works.

Second Half
The second half looked promising. Only one cas, an full team and a score of 1-1. Some of the gloomy mood was left due to the death of Carl but you could see in the way Entre and Pork moved that they were going for the win. The feeling was reinforced by Oakys first punch that witch made sure one less ghoul would play today. Haley picked up the ball and moved between the trees for protection.
The undead answered with sending Broccoli Bosom to the infirmary with a well placed blitz but stayed otherwise clear of the trees. Adam and Clara (Carrot II), led by Walt blitzed a zombie whos position was threatening. He fell in a heap leaving a whole we could exploit.
The problem came after this. After have been able to rid ourselves from two of their players, nothing else happened. Nothing happened our way anyway. The wight still managed more often than not to send one of us from the field. And despite all the hardhitting the trees did, at their best they managed to stun someone. It didn’t took long before we realized we were going to need another throw, that’s when the wight(Yeah the one that busted Carl) finds Lennie unguarded and sents him to the after life.
After that nothing worked. First Up was Deeproot being knocked out when a Ghoul came too close. That left a wide open corridor to Harley who got sent to the infirmary in good order. Entre tried to go after the ball but instead he when after Harley. The ball was picked up and swiftly thrown out of range from me. And the TD was a fact.

Afterward Carl was given the Most valuable player award post mortem.

1-2(3-5)

Killed
Carl Cakearm
Lennie Lettuce II

Scored
Lennie Lettuce II

Cas
Walt WienerBelly
Oaky Dokey

Here is todays article:
Player #12
Name: Carl Cakearm
Position: Suported
Carl never did anything worth mentioning until that last game against The COLD. Against the odds he single handedly pried loose the ball from a wight and was determined to defend his EZ. Nufflelikes such show of courage, and he awarded Carl with the death of a martyr and the MVP of the game. We are sure he is right now smiling at us from where ever he is.
Trivia: Carl Cakearm is rumoured to have been one of the the owners of the famous MootCake franchise.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Puf...
What an unlucky second half .

I'm sure it will go better next time!
Well... I'm not sure, but I really hope so!
:-?

Go BEASTS!
:roll:

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

Two things of interest have happened since the last time we spoke. One good and one extremely irritating. The good was is that Coach decided we needed to get our moods back so he arranged an extra feast dinner at Bagger’s place. An you know that place ain’t cheap! I hear Adam ask coach if we really could afford this. His answer was “Mr AppleChin, we are Fling Team! Money is never a problem!”
The Irritating thing is that a certain J*E*R*K came announcing that he was going to open the first security service Made Entirely By Halflings. He calls it, Porks Angels. As such he also announced that he will only stay on the team as long as it took to get the business going. After that he was going to start charging. I didn’t know if I should weep or laugh. I’m surprised that coach didn’t just throw him out of the window. He isn’t very helpful at all! Well except that he seems to attract a lot of the block made by the opponents. And that means less block on me.
I expect this bodyguard bussines to dwindle into a nothingness but I sure hope it takes him away from me before I murder him in his sleep.

With the Fury cup out of the way it’s time to get back in the league play. And next in line were the norse team Walkürenritt. That means a bunch of bare chested fools with a smell of stale mead. But unfortunaly, they know how to hit.

First Half
We got the ball and started by forming a perfect lunchbox with the trees on the forward corners. Soon we realize that the moving and drawling(also with a bad breath) snow heap is actually a Yhetee! And with very sharp claws to boot. That means the trees get targeted a lot but somehow manages to persist any damages until the Leaf It misses her block getting seriously nailed by the Yhetee. The apo saved her life but he couldn’t relocate her hips. I remember him saying, “I’m a apothecary not a florist!” when coach asked for the hundredth time if there wasn’t anything else he could do. Out of the game with a smashed hip didn’t really helped our game but thanks to Oaky and a few nice “nudges” from me three players left the game in good order still leaving us in a numerical lead(Yep, that’s the term) and in possession of the ball. When Oaky finally rooted near the end of the half Entre handed over the ball to Charlotte who then runned like the wind towards the EZ. And thus we took the lead.
They still had time to make it even but it would have been much harder if their fans hadn’t decided to invade our half and beat half of us senseless. THAt pretty much allowed the norse to easily score an equalizing TD before the ref blew the whistle.

Second Half
Our fans, althou a minority, were also present on the game. This was most notable by the rock that killed one of the norse linemen. With only nine guys on the pitch it did indeed seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Or at least a victory. And then the Yethee got Oaky. The Apo sais he would be ok for the next game but we all knew that we needed him THIS game. Harley was next. Bob and Peter followed soon there after. And then they scored.
With no trees and only 10 players Lenny suggested we forfeit this game. That got Entre going! He made sure that no one was to quit! “We are going to get there and we are going to score!” And so we went out to the field.
Entre got the ball fast. The Frenzying norse were on him like flies on Nurgle but he held the ball like there was no tomorrow. Personally I was looking for a way to get out of the field so when one of the very hairy norse players fell I went to jump on him screaming “FOOOOOOUL” at the top of my lungs. It was important the ref noticed me. Only, I found myself holding the ball and looking back I saw Entre lay down in a heap of norse. I knew I was next so I run. I run to the left. I run to the right. I even runned back at a point and I didn’t stop running until I heard the whistle that changed the score to 2-2.

The last drive was theirs. And despite our blitz attempt nothing could have stopped that avalanche. Lenny tried nevertheless and he will have to rest during our next game aswell. Thankfully I survived.

Score(cas)=2-3(5-9)

Scored
ME!
Charlotte Chickenlegs

Cas
Oaky Dokey

See below today’s article:
Here is todays article:
Player 14#
Name: Charlotte Chickenlegs
Position: Annoyer
Miss Chickenlegs is a fast talking girl with an uncanny talent for always going where she wants to. Known to be able to sidestep any argument AND opponent. Talents that makes her stick to her target and distract them with a fast current of words.
Trivia:
An enquiry made by Bloodsport revealed rumors insinuating that Miss Chickenlegs is actually a con artist using the noble game of BloodBowl to sidestep justice. Rest assure we at BloodSport will get to the bottom of this!

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

Today came the announcement that Leaf It will retire from the team. Coach spend the whole morning in his office with her (he has a big office) trying to persuade her to stay. But she had made up her mind.
As the rumors go, it all started with a visit from DeepRoot. half the team were there but since they only talk in Entish( That means standing next to eachother quietly for a long time) none understood anything. Oaky could have, but was at that moment rooted somewhere else. When DeepRoot finally left, Leaf was devastated. We all knew there was something going on between the two of them so I can only imagine DeepRoot broke up due to her injury. It may seem harsh, but he is a Super Star and with her halved speed, she will never be. Maybe it was for the best….

When coach came out he said that Leaf was quitting and that he had have his eyes on a new TreeMan for the team as a reserve. His name is Argenteus Truncus and seems to be related to the SilverOaks. He will be wearing the 2# in the team from now on.
Coach also use this opportunity to announce our change of uniforms. Our worn ametish purple outfit is going to be slowly replaced with a black and gold one. I received one of the first uniforms and if I may say it myself, I look dashing in it.

Tomorrow we are going to meet the Rigor Mortis Rampagers. We won’t make the finals after the last loss, but I think coach intent to make Arguntus do most of the work tomorrow. We will miss Leafs Blocking skills greatly.

Until tomorrow.

SS

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

That's sad news for all Leafy's fans...
I'm sure she'll find her premature retirement a sign for something of an even greater purpose!

Meanwhile lets make Argenteus feel at home with a big welcome cheer!!!
:D

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

I remember a time when the only thing I could think about was the grub. I still do actually, but now there is something more. I’ve become really good at kicking people when they are down. It gives me a feeling that only food has given me before, only good food. The sound of the armor cracking makes my lips involuntarily quirk and the sound of my fans calling out after me makes me crave for more. I find myself not wanting to get sent out unless the armor breaks and the ref never does. I’m too sneaky now, I’m too dirty, and may Nuffle choke on the Sacred Pie if it isn’t true, but I’m Proud of it.

I think it is time I realize I won’t be leaving this team anytime soon. The food is too good and I don’t want to go back to being a nobody. There are …. drawbacks of course. One is the chance of injury and death, a minor drawback. A big drawback is Peter. Just the sight of him makes me want to puke.
We played against werewolves yesterday. He managed to take down one of them freeing up the ball. He told us about it during half time. He told us after the game, during the feast, after the feast, while the coach spoke, both before, during and after Third Dinner and I’m surprise my ears aren’t bleeding! If only he could DIE!
Golems pounded at him, wights blitzed him, zombies fouled him but he ALLWAYS keep coming back. Sure, his tackling of that ball carrying wolf led to Entre scoring. And every hit he takes is a hit I don’t take which is good. Still, I can find myself dreaming about several ways he could die.
Another drawback is the varying degrees of quality of the chefs we hire. One day it can be someone with a seven starts recommendation on “The Moots Tongue” and the other a gobbling in disguise. And you never know before it it’s too late. At least last game offered a good feast.
All in all I’ve found a place in this team and I intend to see Pork dead. Sooner or later someone will make my dream come true.

Latest game: The Mootland Beasts vs Rigor Mortis Rampagers 2-1(3-2).
Argenteus made the only cas that counted for our team and Entre made the TD.

This was our last game in the league for this season and Bloodsports decided to make a memorial for the team’s former players in chronological order.

BloodSports Magazine is proud to present a special Memorial Issue featuring the now well known Mootland Beasts.

Player 6#
Name: Lenny Lettuce (I, II)
Position: LOS-fodder
The first Lenny’s bloodbowl carrier was short. His heart stopped beating abruptly when a wight looked at him on his very first game.
Lenny Lettuce II made a name of himself of being a marker. Few er´ver tried to dodge from him. In the end it was the same wight that killed his cousin that killed him, this time with a well aimed blitz.
Trivia:
The Lettuce family is known for two things: the vast amount of members they have (Lenny Lettuce III is currently playing at the team) and the extreme poor creativity the have when choosing names.

Player #12
Name: Carl Cakearm
Position: Supporter
Carl never did anything worth mentioning until that last game against The COLD. Against the odds he single handedly pried loose the ball from a wight and was determined to defend his EZ. Nuffle likes such show of courage, and he awarded Carl with the death of a martyr and the MVP of the game. We are sure he is right now smiling at us from where ever he is.
Trivia: Carl Cakearm is rumoured to have been one of the owners of the famous MootCake franchise.

Player #8
Name: Clara Carrot
Position:Runner
Clara was known her peculiar interest in the occult. Who can forget the curse she cast against Darkness Of Dooms top thrower in the BloodBowl Cup? She wa also a well needed runner. Always able to be at the right place at the right time.
She will be missed.

Trivia: It is said that in her home you could find all kind if occult stuff. Who was this girl? Really?

Player #2
Name: Leaf It
Position: Heavy Blitzer
Leaf had it all, an amazing style, a killer right branch and not to forget her supposedly fling with Deeproot. It all ended when a Yeethe halved her already considerable low speed.
Trivia: Rumors say that a bibliography may be in the making!

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

After our last game, coach gave us two full weeks permission before the training season begins. It felt good at the beginning but soon I was itching to foul something. I started thinking that BloodBowl may not be good for me after all. But then the two week passed and coach welcomed us with a banquet and all those foolish ideas of leaving the disappeared. Seriously, why should I leave?

While we were eating, coach explained to us what would happen during the training season. First of all it seems he has gathered other coaches and created something called Right Stuff Open Competition aka the SOC. The tag line they are using in their very tacky banners is “If you have the right stuff, then you have what it takes!”. Officially that means that any team that has the right stuff may participate but since the definition of right stuff is entirely in the hands of the judges (among them our coach) only Halflings, Goblins and Ogres are accepted. Sounds like a tournament in my taste.
Challenges have already been handed to some of the participants.

Right before the new season begins, the Dungeon Bowl will be played. As always, coach means for us to play. The winner will get an extensive discount on a wizard until the next Dungeon Bowl is played. I think coach actually thinks we could win. Well, Pork does, and that is reason enough to skip the whole thing!

Well, that’s a short one from me today.

Bye Diary!

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

Our first game in the Right Stuff Open Competition was against an Ogre team. No less than five Ogres entered the field wearing faces that more often than not look plain dumb. Together with them were seven snotlings, small high pitched creatures that even I would have no difficulty in tackling. Needless to say it was a strange mix of creatures facing us yesterday.

A master chef was present; whatever training they had had was forgotten when the deliciously smelling aromas of our chefs cooking reach them. Still they managed to catch us flatfooted in the first drive. A fast blitz made it hard for Haley to get the ball to the trees but soon enough the chefs magic was visible. Ogres started to get distracted, not knowing what to do. Harley gave the ball to Entre running with Pork as escort.
Despite their size, the tiny turds were quite hard to pin down. Slow as they may be, you could not know where they would be next. Pork got so frustrated that he knocked out the Ogre that tried to tackle him.

The Ogres were not completely useless thou, Bob, Bab, Chica, Charlotte and me were injured in good order. Our apo says I’ll have to pass the next game as well. Never the less, Entre managed to push in two TDs while I was out of it and I still get to be part of the feast, so all is good. Except for Walt WienerBelly, who died.

The end score ended 2-0(4-6).

Sincerely SAM

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

That was a good win for the MB's, congrats!

How about that 'Right Stuff Open Competition', how does it works?
How many teams are there, and do you know who you'll be playing beforehand?
Any chance you'll be meeting any fellow "hairy footers"?
Cheers,
A.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

With the dungeon cop around the corner, there wasn’t much time left for the RSOC. This gave enough time for two more games. Luckily this is a so called “unofficial” tournament. Each participating team that plays against any other ‘qualified’ team (goblins, Halflings or Ogres) will receive points according to the result. Each team may only play once against any other team but is not obligated to play against all the teams. With the training season being unconventionally short, most teams won’t have time to play against all the other teams. Coach has already stated that we will only play two more games before the Dungeon Cup. Our Opponents will be our arch enemies Altdorfs L’s and the favored Da Grot Squad. I’ll get back to you after the games.

Until the next!
SS

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

Wait until you hear what I have to say today!
Completely hilarious! The best game EVER!!!!
We played against The Altdorf L’s. In case you don’t remember, they were our last game on our rookie season, and we loss against the only other Halfling team. Coach took it quite hard as you may remember. Well, with a lot more experience, coach was certain the victory was ours this time around. And boy did we play! Of course due to the vastly superior number of games we had behind us, the L’s received a quite hefty inducement negating us a chef. That was bad, but still tolerable.
The game was hard from the very beginning. Picking up the ball seemed impossible despite all their attempts and our trees made the work short with their little fellers. Things looked bright as sunshine when Pork decided he wanted to bring down one of their trees. That gained him a short trip to the infirmary for his stupidity! And to top it, they managed to get up the ball and throw the thing (together with the ball carrier) behind our line. Despite Entres best effort and regrettable as it was they score shortly before the whistle blew on the first half. But never mind that! When I looked at the dugout, I could see Pork CRYING! That was fun as hell! The jerk had finally cracked and the sight of him lamenting not being able to play for the rest of the game was a wonderful payback for all his bullying and insulting demeanor.
I couldn’t help throwing glances at him from time to time and enjoy the sight! Didn’t even notice when Entre made the TD that equalized.

Coach wanted to win not draw, that’s why he had made Entre score. But with the time running out, we were short on time if we decided to take the ball from them and score. Of course we set up to interrupt the landing we knew would come and spaced ourselves to counter with a throw of our own. Of course he didn’t count on the buggers to actually manage to land in the midst of us and run in the score leaving us flat footed and humiliated when the whistle blew.

The Mootland Beasts vs Altdorf Capital Ls 1-2(6-2)

But sod that, Pork cried like a baby!

Untill the next !

Sam

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Dear Diary

There was a lot of anger after the fiasco with the Altdorf Capital.
Coach was angry because we lost again against the only other active halfling team.
Entre was angry because he didn’t make more than one TD.
I was angry because I didn’t manage to foul out a tree.
And Peter Pork was so angry, that he wept. I’ll cherish that memory.

Nevertheless, when we entered the field to play against Da Grot Squad, we entered with fury. With Deeproot and the Chef on our side no one was the least bit intimidated by the 1.7 K heavy goblin team in front of us. And from the very start we made sure they knew it.
The trees gather a crowd and their foremost duty was to make sure the trolls remained on their backs. They handle that very well. That left Oaky Dokey free to raom as pleased and any gobbo that didn’t watch out would get a piece of him, literally.
Everything was of course not just easy. Their fanatic broke havoc early on the game while we tried to pin him down and I failed to …. “Persuade” anyone to leave the pitch during the first half witch was plainly bad because in the near end of the half one of their key players managed to leap over Bob and reached the EZ with the ball only to be trip on the last step.
On the second half, we had a certain quantity advantage. With all the secret weapons out and a knocked Troll (and a few cas) it was only a matter of giving the ball to Entre and use the three trees as a screen. Worked like a charm. Any gobbo who manage to get past the forest would meet Pork or Bobs Diving tackles making this the first time the “All you can eat buffe”-play really worked.

In the end Entre walked in the TD(He is getting really obsessive with the ball).

A pitch invasion stopped their chances of Equalizing in the last turn and thus we won.

The Mootland Beasts vs Da Grot Squad 1-0(6-3)

Bye Diary!

SS

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

:D
That's too bad the Beasts still couldn't manage to pull a win vs. those L's !!!
Oh well, maybe next time...

But hey, congrats on the win against the "Grot's"!
It's not always easy to keep up the man power (halfling power?) against all those secret weapons, however looking at the casualties count of the end of the match I keep wondering who actually had secret weapons in that game...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers!

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

The Dungeon Cup

12 teams, 3 games, one winner. That is what the dungeon Cup is about. The prize of course, is the unique contract that allows the winner to hire a wizard for 50k gps. Coach looked dreamy every time he though of that.
Among the participants this year were of course Rhemons Curse, last DC winner, intent on defending its title. And as always when RCurse appears, Darkness Of Doom isn’t far behind. Two heavy teams right there both valued well over 2000K. Whenever Entre mentioned this for coach he just replied, “Think of the inducements!”.
Of Course, the Wicked Woodland Warriors was also a favorite. They are Furys most expensive team, almost 3000K. Still, we didn’t worry so much about them, after all, they are only Wood Elves.
There were also two rookie teams, rare to find in a Cup. But apparently, their coaches came from far away and wanted some piece of the action so the rounded up some Norse and necro players signed up. For Sparta & Tuppers Were. The odds were not really in their favor though.

Our first game was against the Norse of For Sparta. A bunch of not-so-drunken Vikings that received inducements for playing against US! I guess that’s why they were able to bring the Yeti on to the game. Coach still spend money on the chef arguing that it will hurt them much more that we will ever be able to.
That sounded good until we actually saw the chef. Apparently, the chefs of M.O.O.T(Mootlands Organization Of Taste) are on strike so we had to hire one of G.A.S.T.R.O(Gastronomical Arts and Simple Treats Organization) and everyone knows that if it isn’t from the Moot, then it’s just not good enough.

For a rookie team they showed a remarkable good sense of positioning, and we were hard pressed to stop the first TD. Pork did try of course but it was Adam (Applechin II) who kicked the bucket when an angry Blitzer found him in the way. A good thing is that Oaky managed to permanently take care of the Yeti. The first half ended and the score showed 0-1 to the norse.
We did a somewhat regroup in te second half, but unfortunally, it wasn’t enough. Entre lost the ball after we were forced to make a throw and the norse manage to bring down Oaky who were near.
You might say that this was Oaky golden moment because he stood up runned up and blitzed a very surprised norse sending him out of the game. Placed beside of the ball he managed to help Entre with a block that freed the ball, allowing Carl Cakearm run through, pick up the ball and equalize. Everyone cheered, except Entre. He never likes giving up a TD.
With a quarter of the game left he didn’t have much time to think about it specially since he received a smashed knee as soon as the ball was kicked. The Norse were not out to draw, they wanted to win and a rooted Argenteus made things easier. It was not much of a drive and the rookies won their first game.

The Mootland Beast vs For Sparta 1-2(4-7)

Untill the next Diary..

SS