Resurgence of my Blood Bowl

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hansel
Rookie
Rookie

Resurgence of my Blood Bowl

Post by Hansel »

Hello everybody.

I've played a lot of blood bowl in my younger years, and for many years we had tournaments in the summerbreaks. Last year i got news of an old friend hosting a tournament over a weekend, i decided to participate. It was good fun, and I was amazed over how big blood bowl seemed to be. So many cool minis, pitches and so on that had been created by people that isnt GW. Since my old teams have gotten lost I decided to create a new blood bowl team with the same tactics I used before. My old team was a an Undead team, back when there only was one Undead team. Well now I thought why not create three teams in one bash. So i purchased minis from different stores and manufacturers to create an Undead, Khemri and Necromancer team with some minis overlapping. Then theres the problem with getting to painting the minis, well i've finally gotten to it and looking forward to getting out there and playing cups and tournaments with my own team :)

Well give me your thoghts. I've also been thinking about starplayers, back in the day when I played we never used them. Is it a must for the league play?

Undead

Khemri

Necromancer

Reason: ''
Hansel
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Resurgence of my Blood Bowl

Post by Hansel »

Here are some close ups of positionals.

Wight, Blitz-ra

Ghouls
Think I'm going to wash these in a dark wash to make them less colorfull.

Mummies

Thro-ra

Fleshgolem

Werewolf

Soon going to play my first tournament, any thoughts of which of these 3 teams i should play, its an 1100 k resurrection tournament with 5 skills. :)

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

I would play Undead, arguably the best of those three teams for tournies.
Necro is good as well.
Khemri is weak, don't play it in a tourney, if you want to win (as a side note: it's my favourite undead team :-D).

Hansel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hansel »

Well I think Im going with the undead, the ones I am used to playing from the early days as well.

Thinking of going with this startup for the tourney.
2 wights
2 mummies
3 ghouls
2 skeletons
3 zombies
3 rerolls
6 fan factor

12 players on the team. Is fan factor important or is it more important to try to get one more zombie in it.

For skills my current idea is to try and test the multiple block on a mummy, i think it would be kind of neat to try :) guard on the other mummy, guard on a wight. block on one of the ghouls and wrestle on the other one. Any thoughts on that or is it idiotic to try multiple block? Maby the fail rate for the mummy is really high.

neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

Fan factor isn't very valuable in the current rule set, I would put that to use in some other way.

giorss
Rookie
Rookie

Post by giorss »

think about no skellies, or maybe just 1, zombies are ok

4 ghouls is a must if you can

sure hands, wrestle and block on them :)

ff 0 or just if you have something out

no multiple block on mummies:

block if you have doubles,
or guard or stand firm (normal)
or nothing

MB and / or tackle on wights

you can think about a frenzy on a wight, but I'm not of the frenzy party (frenzy could also help on 1ttd)