Uncia Uncia Tribe -Amazons

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Uncia Uncia Tribe -Amazons

Post by greenstuff_gav »

So, here's my first venture into Bloodbowl since the plastic Skaven were first released :)
it's been a while but with one of my co-workers picking the game up after playing alot of the VIdya Game and so i dug out my old figures :)

Having had a test game (where i lost 1-0 to Humans .. losing 6 turns to a Riot didn't help!) i've been reading up on Plasmoid's PDF and been rewriting my team list with a view to paint strip my team on the weekend, so gonna keep a lil plog here :)

so, all teams start with a list and here we go :)

Uncia Uncia - Amazon Tribe
the Uncia Uncia or Snow Leopard is an animal spirit who teaches stealth, independence, and strategy in combat. The Uncia Uncia Tribe follow these teachings, dodging across the pitch and, when cornered, tearing opponents to pieces!

Olrun, Blitzer 90,000
Valka, Blitzer 90,000
Tanni, Blitzer 90,000
Kitta, Blitzer 90,000
Eyja, Thrower 70,000
Frida, Lineswoman 50,000
Maddi, Lineswoman 50,000
Olfrun, Lineswoman 50,000
Helga, Lineswoman 50,000
Edda, Lineswoman 50,000
Gisela, Lineswoman 50,000
4x Reroll 200,000
5 Fan Factor 50,000
980,000gp, 20,000gp stash

so, i'm going for all Hasslefree Miniatures, Power Armoured Libby as Blitzers, Jo as thrower and a smattering of their other miniatures as lineswoman (and a few conversions of their other figures :)

for playstyle i'm going for three blitzers on the line, thrower back deep and lineswoman to plug gaps and play a running cage. hopefully dodging around enemies and punching through the enemy to slam into the end zone :)

so, thanks for reading and comments welcome, i'll grab some pics during the week before stripping my amazons :lol:

Reason: ''
greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Uncia Uncia Tribe -Amazons

Post by greenstuff_gav »

so, here's a pic of the team taken on my phone;
nothing too special, i used Rackham paints which were horrible.. chalky texture and finish and generally nasty to use :P

so, i managed to Get A Game In and lost 3-0 to humans :lol:
Highlights included=

a linewoman blitzing a lineman aside, the thrower grabbing the ball, running to a blitzer who dropped the ball on a good handoff!

after the opposition kicked the ball into the far right corner, the thrower grabbed the ball and ran down the pitch ending up 5 squares from touchdown to get a 2-0 result at halftime.

and halfway into the second half... did it again! this time she fell over 2 turns away!
it was grabbed by a catcher who was blitzed by my thrower.. only to have the ball scatter onto his thrower!
meanwhile it took his blitzer and two linemen fouling my blitzer to kill her outright, but he was sent off :)

i threw a last ditch blitz to get his catcher who had the ball and was 8 squares from the touchline... to double skull!
this allowed him to hammer my girls a bit afore hammering in a third touchdown in the last turn :)

so, the girls spent some time covered in goop and here we are after a wash :)

next up we're going to get some converting (all those bewbs are being covered up) and i'm going to shop for coloured sprays tomorrow :)

cheers!

Gav

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greenstuff_gav »

well, i've got me some coloured spray; Army Painters Fur Brown :)

it looks ok from a distance, but is a crap finish; i may paint strip again :(

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Harsh that no-one has commented, with all those fancy links!

Concentrate on getting blodge linemen and guarding blitzers, then generally frustrate the oppo into making mistakes!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

(Was missing that completely...)
And that's a huge game photo report you've got there, congrats!

Dice weren't going exactly your way in that game, were they? :wink:
I bet next time you'll roll a little better (hopefully)!

About the team, how are your progresses with the painting?
Are you keeping the original scheme or doing something new?

Cheers,
A.

Edit: just one comment to let you know I've found pic #42 really cool! It kinda looks like we can see exactly how the play went on with all the depth of the pic. :)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

These guys played a tournament this weekend - good learning experience, hopefully!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

sann0638 wrote:These guys played a tournament this weekend - good learning experience, hopefully!
Nice.
There's always a lot to be learned playing different opponents!

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greenstuff_gav »

as Sann says, played in Cakebowl2 on the weekend and took second from last :lol:
(i only played 5/6 games.. if i'd played the last i'm sure the spoon would have been mine!)
Block/Dodge/Guard on Blitzers was painful for the opponent and Blodge across the roster was worse :D
my dice were horrific, generally failing *everything* even with rerolls; i'd generally activate one miniature, she'd fall over and turn over :P

There's a League starting soon at Triple Helix and so i'll be getting alot more game reports on the go :)

i've not got any more pictures but i'm progressing well with the paintjobs; my Hasslefree order turned up yesterday so atleast i've got all the team assembled :D
for paint scheme i'm going for grey armour as opposed to white (uncia uncia is Snow Leopard) and going to do tribal warpaint across the team :D

will get some pictures tomorrow and share how we're looking :)

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greenstuff_gav »

double post, i'm sorry :(

but here's the girls as they are :)

too tall for forum :P

Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Coming together nicely Gav, liking the conversion work on the 2nd Lillith (if I'm remembering my HF females names correctly!) And the other subtle conversions and GSing. Look fwd to seeing these guys all finished up & hope to see you at some more tourneys!

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

greenstuff_gav wrote:as Sann says, played in Cakebowl2 on the weekend and took second from last :lol:
Bah... Rankings are way too overrated!
As long as you had fun, that's all that matters.
:)

Moving on to the painting subject, gotta tell you I really love how that new grey look is turning out on them!
IMO much better then the heavy red one.
Please keep us updated!

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greenstuff_gav »

Buggrit wrote:liking the conversion work on the 2nd Lillith (if I'm remembering my HF females names correctly!)
which lass? there's Liralith (with the spider on her shoulder) :)
Eyja = Jo
Helga = Also Jo :)
Maddi = Danni
Olrun = FF Libby
Frida = Liralith
Olfrun = Danni
Valha = Libby :)

thanks, there's a few subtle conversions, glad you like :D
Axtklinge wrote: Bah... Rankings are way too overrated!
As long as you had fun, that's all that matters.
:)
my 6 Wooden Spoons confirm; i go to tourneys to play new people rather'n win anything :)
Axtklinge wrote: Moving on to the painting subject, gotta tell you I really love how that new grey look is turning out on them!
IMO much better then the heavy red one.
aye, the red went with my GW Norse team (plus it's relaxing colour to blend :D ) so going for something different with the greys :D
i'm also trying out the Army Painter's Fur Brown Spray; it's a different painting tactic for me (who's always gone from black :) )

so, here's today's paintjob; i've been easing off on the "one a day" plan i originally had so not to burn myself out!
as noted, it's Hasslefree's Jo with Head and Arm swaps :)

cheers!

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Another nice one!
The flesh tones look really cool.

Where did those arms and head came from?
Conversions pics might be nice. :wink:

Soo.. you have 6 wooden spoons and you don't go there to win anything... right!
:orc:

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greenstuff_gav »

Axtklinge wrote:Another nice one!
The flesh tones look really cool.

Where did those arms and head came from?
Conversions pics might be nice. :wink:

Soo.. you have 6 wooden spoons and you don't go there to win anything... right!
:orc:
Now i look at her, i'm pretty sure she's the FF Jo with her head reposed & the ball arm cut away & replaced from a Rackham Kelt Warriors of Avagddu box set :)

there wasn't really time for the conversion pics ; was rushing to get 'em ready for Cakebowl (and failed :lol:) :oops:

on the winning front, a spoon is still a prize; those from 4th to last get nowt (or so i keep telling myself!) ;)
to quote me at Cow Wars 2 "i wouldn't mind so much if i'd been aiming for it!" ... i always try to win but the dice hate me :P

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

greenstuff_gav wrote: those from 4th to last get nowt
Not when the glowworm award is around!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler