A Khornucopia of ideas...

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

OK then, now that a bloodthirster is likely to be turning up on a pitch somewhere near you, what is a good model to use, that is practical but impressive?

Norse's is awesome: http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 23&t=36979 but possibly a tad large? What's the best way of dealing with the wing problem?

I had the thought of going a sort of deadling route, with the heroquest gargoyle as the big fella, but there are no doubt better options.

Good pit fighter etc ideas also welcome!

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: A Khornucopia of ideas...

Post by Darkson »

Are you talking GW leagal, or anything goes, as I've posted some GW figs (or at least th link) in the other thread.

Me personally? Couldn't care less, as I won't be playing with/against them.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
RogueThirteen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by RogueThirteen »

I'd definitely use something like this:

Reaper's Agramon, Pit Devil (not sure about scale/size), but it is coming out as a Bones so should be cheap and easy to convert:

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Agramon is huge, price is a good clue, 24.99 lead or 33.49 lead free. Then you click the parts previews and understand the price is not kidding, the solid base must be 5cm across. So yeah, maybe in Bones it will be 5 or 10 dollars... but still too big.

Quinto76
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Quinto76 »

Maybe this demon from Reaper could be great (with a weapon snip) :

Also, for the pit fighters, the Neomics humans might fit in well : http://www.neomics.de/shop/fantasy-foot ... human-team

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

I've already got a Bloodthirster for my Daemon themed Chaos Pact team. I used the Rogue Trader era models, and the Bloodthirster just has hand replacements using Heresy Ogre fists.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Non GW:

Alt bloodthirster (khorne ogre) Image

GW - kitbash! This guy's used Marauders, Flagellants, Space Wolves and Imperial Guard.

https://eternalhunt.wordpress.com/2012/ ... -forgiven/

For a different take, you've got Dark Eldar Wyches, or some Uruk-hai http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1500495a

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Shteve0 wrote:Non GW:

Wher are these from?

Goldbaek is my hero
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Quick google search points to Ilyad Games, but it looks like they're out of production.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

Sorry to sound like I'm from outerspace, but what is this? New race? Official or not?

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

SBG wrote:Sorry to sound like I'm from outerspace, but what is this? New race? Official or not?
Depends how you define "official": viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37116

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I was saving this idea for my minotaur on a Chaos Pact team, but I *suppose* I can share it with you lot here :P Seriously though, I've spent two years (on and off, not solidly) searching for this miniature available as a single, or with a troglodyte (extra arms goblin) as pictured. Please let me know if you know where I can get one! They're Demons from the 'Claustrophobia' board game.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

love that figure Shteve0 ... if it was on a 30mm base instead of a 40mm that would be a perfect figure to me.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Shteve0 wrote:I was saving this idea for my minotaur on a Chaos Pact team, but I *suppose* I can share it with you lot here :P Seriously though, I've spent two years (on and off, not solidly) searching for this miniature available as a single, or with a troglodyte (extra arms goblin) as pictured. Please let me know if you know where I can get one! They're Demons from the 'Claustrophobia' board game.

That is a wonderful figure

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

Darkson wrote:
SBG wrote:Sorry to sound like I'm from outerspace, but what is this? New race? Official or not?
Depends how you define "official": viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37116
makes me think warpstone troll