2nd ARBBL?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Would you attend a 2nd ARBBL (late Oct/Nov)?

Yes, but I'd prefer an event as in the OP
No votes
Yes, but I'd perfer a Team Event
63%
Yes, and I don't care which format
25%
No
13%

Total votes: 16

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

2nd ARBBL?

Post by Shteve0 »

Pedantic suggestion: why not make teams cost more points the higher they are placed in the Tiers, then give teams a maximum of 5 points to spend rather than a minimum?

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 2nd ARBBL?

Post by Hawk »

So.....
Tier 1 would be 4 points
Tier 2 would be 3 points
Tier 3 would be 2 points
Tier 4 would be 1 points

Each player has 5 points, or 20 points per team of 4?

That works :D

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Darkson's way works just fine, no need to confuse things by inverting Tiers to Points! But yeah a team tiers needed to be reached is good. I'm worth 4 tiers :P

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

so, assuming I can run this here's the current thinking:

1. 3-man teams - though I'd like to make it 4-man, I'm not sure I could get enough coaches who'd be willing to risk not playing for a whole weekend. 3-man means I'd only need 2 "volunteers".

2. Each player must spend 5+points on two races - races cannot be duplicated across the team.

3. Coaches would need to decide before the tournament starts which will be their Saturday team.

The other idea up for consideration is a two-man tourney, where the players would swap. the two rosters on day 2.

Now, before you start going out and making up your teams, there's no guarentee that this will actually happen. I need to look into alternaive venue (if needed), look at the calender to see when would be the best time, and see aboout scoring software, whether that's Score or something else.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Darkson wrote:Now, before you start going out and making up your teams, there's no guarentee that this will actually happen. I need to look into alternaive venue (if needed), look at the calender to see when would be the best time, and see aboout scoring software, whether that's Score or something else.
I would try chasing Nipples, Pippy, or Geoff.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

They're discussing tournament stuff Sod, leave your personal life out of it. :wink:

Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

Darkson wrote:so, assuming I can run this here's the current thinking:

1. 3-man teams - though I'd like to make it 4-man, I'm not sure I could get enough coaches who'd be willing to risk not playing for a whole weekend. 3-man means I'd only need 2 "volunteers".

2. Each player must spend 5+points on two races - races cannot be duplicated across the team.

3. Coaches would need to decide before the tournament starts which will be their Saturday team.

The other idea up for consideration is a two-man tourney, where the players would swap. the two rosters on day 2.

Now, before you start going out and making up your teams, there's no guarentee that this will actually happen. I need to look into alternaive venue (if needed), look at the calender to see when would be the best time, and see aboout scoring software, whether that's Score or something else.

I like both ideas :orc:

Cake Bowl league
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dates would be 23rd/24th November 2013, as that's the only weekend that fits with mine and moody's rota (can't book holiday in that month, it's already taken).

Will ask about hall availability - if it's free, then I'll look at getting it organised.
And PM sent to Nippy, Pippy and Podfrey re: scoring software.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:Dates would be 23rd/24th November 2013, as that's the only weekend that fits with mine and moody's rota (can't book holiday in that month, it's already taken).

Will ask about hall availability - if it's free, then I'll look at getting it organised.
And PM sent to Nippy, Pippy and Podfrey re: scoring software.
Well, it's a long way off, but count me in. I'm sure I could get a team of 3 together. In fact I could probably put together a few teams :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

Ill also be there.... Well fate permitting :P

Cake Bowl league
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

This sounds like a great idea - a team event with different teams Saturday and Sunday, (or not). I'd prefer not to swap teams - I'm a bit OCD about other people playing with minis. That said, the idea of using 2 teams in a weekend really appeals.

Are we going for 3 games per day, or can we have a 3/4 split - that would force players to select one team for the majority of the games and to have a true 2nd choice for the 3 2nd day.

Either way, it sounds great and I would like to attend.

Chris

ct
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

ceetee wrote:I'd prefer not to swap teams - I'm a bit OCD about other people playing with minis.
Pun intended?

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

ceetee wrote:
I'd prefer not to swap teams - I'm a bit OCD about other people playing with minis.

Pun intended?
:oops:

ct
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Yep a 2nd ARBBL of any sort would be good, team tournament would be great. Last tournament i went to was STABB and barring the bunker bowl theres not been or gonna be anything near me until the next ARBBL.

P.S took the family to Andover last weekend, that'll teach em :wink:

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Ooh, nice date I think!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler