Team for Naf champs

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Team for Naf champs

Post by sann0638 »

Right, what team to take to the NAF champs? At ARBBL, I will take lizards and complete the 24 (at last!) leaving me freedom of choice! My plan was to take slann to try to get the #1 UK coach with them, as they are already pretty high and double points is good news, but then Purplegoo spoilt that slightly by going over 200.

So, I now want to:
a) take a team below 150 that shouldn't be (i.e. not stunty), or
b) take a team that otherwise would not be represented.

a) narrows it down to dwarves, nurgle, khemri, chaos, pro elves, vampires or underworld, and a few of those might fit the b) criteria too. Hmm. Thoughts?

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Team for Naf champs

Post by lunchmoney »

Elves

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Vamps

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

All boils down to how competitive you want to be I guess? Of your options you've given yourself, I'd split them into three categories. Teams that are great at this particular ruleset and TV, teams which aren't perfect but will still be competitive, and teams which you'll find challenging both with their initial lineup and with the limited skills on them.

In the first category you only have Dwarves. They are cheap, have great starting skills and benefit from a 'spam' style skill system (mass Guard).

I see ProElves and Vampires in the second category. Good but not perfect. Elves will be a bit light at 1.05m, and vamps benefit from skill bundles up front. Both however are capable of beating anything in a single game.

The rest for whatever reason (expense, lack of skills, etc...) I'd say would be hard work and certainly more suited to bringing back at a better ruleset tournament. Probably z tiered affair that gives these teams a leg up.

So my vote would be Dorfs if its win at all costs, Vamps if you want to take something wacky and Elves if you fancy rolling some dice!

mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

Just go and catch Phil's Slann. 8)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

mattwhile wrote:Just go and catch Phil's Slann. 8)
That was certainly the aim before Dobby Bowl, but possibly not realistic now in one tourney, but it's still a possibility.

I think you're right Don - Dwarves would be the powergamer choice, but having just suffered through the Welsh Open (kidding!) I don't want to inflict that on anyone. Not sure when I will take Dwarves, but I would imagine they would appear a lot. Vamps I like, and took to the NAF champs before (and would have had a good tournament but for DJQ :pissed: :lol: ). I was leaning towards Elves on my bike ride home (as you do).

I'd ideally like to turn up, see what no-one else has brought, and then take that race, which I suspect would be one from my list (or maybe high elves or pact), but I think that would be frowned upon.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

sann0638 wrote:
mattwhile wrote:Just go and catch Phil's Slann. 8)
That was certainly the aim before Dobby Bowl, but possibly not realistic now in one tourney, but it's still a possibility.
So do it over two tournies then. :wink: