VuK and Son

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Re: VuK and Son

Post by Axtklinge »

Do you follow some kind of league schedule or is it more like one-offs?

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

it is organized to a schedule, all teams will get to around 6-7 games (most are around 4 now), and then we will see where we are. the rate we are going we may take a bit longer to get there than I first thought... but there is no rush.

the main thing is he comes to love the game.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

voyagers_uk wrote:(...)
the main thing is he comes to love the game.
:)
Yes, of course.
I've asked because you've mentioned you had two scheduled games in one of your previous posts (Norse and High Elves)... and while I feel most of BB fun is related to the skill-ups of the players (therefore a big plus to league play), I also know many adults (let alone young ones), have trouble committing/having enough interest to endure a season.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

the league season is the only way I thionk BB should be played...

so he learns my preferences, cannot all be bad.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

So the latest match comes to a close

The Midnight Blues (undead) lost 3-1 to Shakespears shifters (high elves)
The game was a lot closer than the score line suggests as the undead were driving for the equaliser only to fail a short pass which led to 8 naked 2+ rolls to set up the breakaway Td

The undead caused 4 casualties including 2 deaths and 3 ko's whereas regeneration limited elf damage to just a BH zombie

A good game and one enjoyed by both of us, now we have the damaged high elves versus the nasty Orc team. After that we go through a stretch of playing each others teams

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

As we approach the end of this current season we are already looking ahead to our next go, we have decided to use different teams for next season and here are the choices

He will use Necromantic, amazon, lizardmen and wood elves
I will coach dwarves, humans, chaos and pro elves

It is very exciting

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Beating up your boy with Dwarves. Shame on you :pissed: . Just make sure he is clear that they are a dreadful broken team there's a good chap.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

we have actually swapped amazons for dwarves...

he will only see the dwarven perfection, thanks for the heads up though heff

Smithysworld
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Smithysworld »

Only just read your blog, and found it to be a good reference as my lad turns 5 in Oct. He has watched me on cyanide a few times, and is aware of what blood bowl is, but I haven't yet let him take a more active role.
However after reading your blog, I think I will start to introduce him more actively to cyanide and take it slowly with him. Would love him to be as enthusiastic as your lad.

Matt 'The Ginger Prince' Smith

NAF no. 15560
BBLE record: Smithsville Tigers (Humans) 12/0/4
Southfarthing Pie Men (Flings) 2/0/0
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

best of luck.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

VuK - your format sounds very similar to the mini-league system I used to run when my own son and I started playing BB.

We would each take 3 teams, these would play the others' 3 teams twice each (i.e. 6 games per team). Then we would have the play-offs: each coach's worst team for 5th/6th place, middle teams for 3rd/4th, and best teams for 1st/2nd. So 21 games in all. A nice lively format, always full of interest. In this way we got to understand every team.

I much enjoy this thread. Keep it up!

Smeborg the Fleshless
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Vuk&son for your ape team, the bow should be blue though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

nice Heff!

anyway after a small lego based hiatus, he has suddenly demanded that we play at every opportunity.

we spent November to January painting his Necro team, some High Elves and my Heroquest figures Chaos team (they are still not completed)

then we decided to get the teams in the league up to 4 games each, so he played my Norse and I played my Halflings (to a 2-1 win for him) he did also win 7-3 on casualties... a Turn 12 pitch invasion saw 8 Norse lie down stunned versus only 1 halfling.... I had +2 Fame which helped...

we played a new match up me taking Slaan and him taking Necro that finished 2-2, he loves his werewolves but against my advice took wrestle on the only one to skill up.

currently we are at half time in a Dark Elf (me) against High Elf (him) battle, it is 1-1 with me receiving in the second half, no casualties yet, but he is trying. he finished his 1st half turn 8 moving the ball 21 squares to level the scores, so he is pumped.

still happiest dad in the world.

for Slaan I have never really found a team I am happy to use, so am currently repainting the Black Scorpion Humans to act as a proxy. lots of blue-green armour and cloaks.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Hi VuK, good to see you back.

Smeborg the Fleshless
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

game finished in another 2-2 draw, 1-0 casualties to the Dark Elves. he enjoyed playing Elves for their mobility but didn't really gel with them... he was playing them as if they were basically humans. it was weird and interesting to see.

I could have stalled out for a 2-1 win, but gave him 3 turns to equalize, then pointed out a slight weakness in my set-up which he crucified me for.

note to self - he's smart.

next up, I get to run out his Orcs versus his Skaven (he picked the match up), then it will be his new (1.1m) Lizardmen "Prehistoric Revenge" versus my new gangsta themed Chaos "Angels with Dirty Faces"... again his choice, that will probably be mid-week at the earliest.

he is getting a good grounding in all styles.