NBFL Amazons: Flashington Redheads

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: NBFL Amazons: Flashington Redheads

Post by mattgslater »

Well, that sucked. My young team just isn't ready to take on the top tier yet. I'm 0-0-2 in division, 0-6 TDs. At least I've been killin' their menz, with kills in each of the last 4 games (5 total).

I'm 1680k against Burgun's 1880k. FUMBBL rules say I'm allowed to make Burgun ready first, but he can take it to the wire if he wants. I've been informed that the league culture is one that will heckle me for insisting on this rule, but I don't care: this is my only shot at a division win, so I'm gonna take no chances. He has 3 each AC and CL, with only 11 men showing and only one Tackle (thank you, Smeat!), but both of us have about 600k treasury with only 7 regular season games to go after this, so he has a lot of options.

This game is critical. The two developed teams with ball skills, they're way ahead of us, with 4-2-0 records. At 3-0-3, with head-to-head losses against both, I need to win this game to have a realistic shot at a division title. Burgun needs it too: in a league that awards 3 for wins and 1 for ties, 1-4-1 is equivalent to 2-1-3: another tie would guarantee him last place going into the second series: even though we'd both be .500, I'd still be almost a whole win ahead of him, and getting stronger as he's all-but peaked out (he's a PO Blitz-Ra away right now).

I've already got my flowchart down. I've planned for almost anything he's likely to do, took me three different game plans. It's possible he could still throw me, but probably not with anything optimal. Khemri are relatively one-dimensional, and my TV is more flexible than it looks.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

Good Luck in your game mat... ;)

"Never trust the Manlings."
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Here you go sweet heart: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=690015

You are way over thinking this. :wink:

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

:P

I'm overthinking? You're the one who cut a skilled player. :)

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I have another DP and I don't need the TV bloat against you. So :P yourself.

Besides, I thought you had
mattgslater wrote:planned for almost anything he's likely to do
I had to do something special after a statement like that.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

You know the worst part? I planned for that one too. :lol:

We're ready for you, Burgy-poo!

AFAIC, I got a kill already, before the game even started. At least my last four opponents waited to get onto the pitch before coughing up the body count. :P

We play Wednesday, WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY!!! at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern (USA) time.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Good luck!

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I hope you were wishing me good luck, 'cause Burgun didn't have it.

2-0 win, and a dead Super-Star Tomb Guardian. :) Once again, inducements let me down, but I'm not complaining.

4-0-3 at the half. Burgun (1-4-2) and I may have a hard time making the postseason, because there are two other teams in our div at 4-2-0 with one game each to play.

Next series opponents have been announced, but not the schedule. I get:
* Big fat Pro Elves
* Big fat Lizardmen
* Big fat Chaos with way too much ClawPOMB
* Biggish, fattish Chaos Dwarfs
* Big fat Chaos Pact
* Skaven (have taken a lot of damage since they walked all over me)
* Burgun's Khemri, or what's left of them

Order, I don't know.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

It was like Nuffle personally blessed your spiked boobie tassels. These wenches broke armor from turn 1 to the end of the match. I think I can count on one hand the number of POWs I got. Not great when you only have two tacklers on the team. One MNG and the other sitting in the KO and Badly Hurt boxes all night.

Mark this match as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I have officially been left with disdain for Khemri. Which realistically isn't even that fair because you had hot dice and that's not a team race issue. Unfortunately, despite my rational thoughts, I'm still human which make me whiny and pouty. I've already made up my mind to blame it on Khemri and that's the way it is. I mean, why would dice and coaching ability have anything to do with it?

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

You know it's a bad day when your Khemri are facing Amazons, and the Zons throw 63 blocks with only one half-die.

That said, you were perfect on AG rolls (ok, you used Sure Hands once), and 1/1 on 6+ dodges. :P

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Second half coming up, and boy do we have our work cut out for us.

Tonight, it's the Atlatl 'n' Falchions, a 2290k Lizardman team. Their Krox has Blodge, Guard, and BT. They have a ST5 Blodge Guard BT Saurus, and four Block/Tackle/MB Sauri, one with Frenzy and MA7, one with PO, and a fair dose of BT between them. Their Skinks look good too. He does have only 12 mens to my 14, that doesn't hurt.

After that, it's Burgun again. After that, we get an old, high-value Pro Elf team, then last year's champions, a wicked, nasty Chaos team that's fighting for its playoff life: hopefully they'll have packed it in by then, but I think we may have to be the ones to put them to bed. Then Dallas (Pact) again, and Chaos Dwarfs (not contenders, but dangerous anyway) before finishing the season against Philly (Skaven).

It's 3-1-0 scoring, and Dallas and Philly are both 5 VP ahead of me with a head-to-head win and a head-to-head to play. I know we need to win both those games. We also need to win the next game, because Atlatl is neck-and-neck with us for third-place in the 12-team race for two wildcards. Man, in some divisions our record would put us in the lead, but playing where we do, we're gonna have to fight like heck to make the playoffs.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Well seeing as my team is very likely not making the play-offs and 99% guaranteed to be retired at the end of the season I have a new strategy...

....kill everybody.

I look forward to seeing you in Week 9. :D

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I have a bigger fish to fry first, Burgun.

But let me tell you something.

When we're done with Atlatl, we're coming for you. We're feeling witchy: we're bringing our brooms. Prepare to get swept.

And you heard it, ladies and gentlemen. Seven games into their pro careers, my dear Redheads have retired their first opponent.

Hopefully, game 8 will bring retirement number two. Jeffro will stick through any thrashing, he's elves. Bill is pretty much done with this Chaos thing, but if he's waffling I can help him decide. Conner's already announced his retirement, and my efforts to hasten it only killed one schmoe 6SPP lino (at least it was a Romo), and if Nnamdi going splat to Pittsburgh didn't kill Relezite's appetite, it's not gonna be one game that does it. So this here, this is my shot at a repeat, back to back. :P Not that this is my aim, but if I nuke his sauri I win and live, and if he gives up on the team it'll be 'cause I nuked his sauri. And even if he loses, he's still alive, while a loss for me would be, maybe not curtains, but pretty bad.

510k inducements. Know what I want, heheheh. Not that I'm not screwed no matter what I do, but I picked some stuff that will give me a good shot if I get the right breaks.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Best of luck, both of you. Love the 'trash talk'here :).

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

mattgslater wrote:And you heard it, ladies and gentlemen. Seven games into their pro careers, my dear Redheads have retired their first opponent.
:roll: This was likely going to happen without you killing my Star TG. But if taking credit for it makes you feel better about yourself then I'll let you have it. :smoking: