Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by Talarius »

Image found via Twitter, thanks to Nod.

http://imgur.com/d7FJ3HR

(the main thing I care about is computer opponent A.I. quality, since the first game is too easy to beat. Too many graphic improvements and my laptop probably won't be able to run it. Never have time for multiplayer, so any changes there don't concern me, although they sound kind of wacky)

Reason: ''
Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by Dzerards »

Well all the talk in that article is about how pretty it's going to look.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

BB2 will fail miserably, guaranteed. How can I be so sure? The very last line, that there will be a player marketplace to buy & sell players. Cheating, farming, uber-teams. Online play will be a nightmare.

Leave it to Cyanide, they are uncanny in their ability to always make something worse...

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

WhatBall wrote:BB2 will fail miserably, guaranteed. How can I be so sure? The very last line, that there will be a player marketplace to buy & sell players.
There isn't anything inherently wrong with a player marketplace.

Cyanide are super likely to mess it up but the idea isn't bad in and as of itself.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

SillySod wrote:
WhatBall wrote:BB2 will fail miserably, guaranteed. How can I be so sure? The very last line, that there will be a player marketplace to buy & sell players.
There isn't anything inherently wrong with a player marketplace.

Cyanide are super likely to mess it up but the idea isn't bad in and as of itself.
Agree with Sillysod. The idea is good. And like Diablo3's market place that Blizzard runs, Cyanide could allow the purchase of players with real world currency and take a percentage, thus allowing for an income stream to finance decent servers. Of course I personally wouldnt trust them to not male chicken it right up in some way :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Talarius wrote:
(the main thing I care about is computer opponent A.I. quality, since the first game is too easy to beat.)
+1

Viajero
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Viajero »

The idea of free agents is not new for sure, and some Cyanide client based communities already use it. Over at OFL for example the league is run Cyanide based but completely offline which allows the admins to create their own free agent system:

http://www.shalkith.com/bloodbowl/index.php

It works, and it is fun.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

WhatBall wrote:BB2 will fail miserably, guaranteed. How can I be so sure? The very last line, that there will be a player marketplace to buy & sell players. Cheating, farming, uber-teams. Online play will be a nightmare.

Leave it to Cyanide, they are uncanny in their ability to always make something worse...
But think of the fun you good players could have taking apart uber teams that lazy noobs had bought so that they could have 16 legendary players.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Talarius wrote:
(the main thing I care about is computer opponent A.I. quality, since the first game is too easy to beat.)
+2

And I do hope that they make their program a lot more stable.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

The game, as long as they stick to the CRP, handles stars pretty well (in MM you have an issue with one or two superstars on a team of rookies with some races). And I guess the good leagues won't allow them, so it would just be the MM free play.

Note I have zero interest in solo play, why would you want to play an AI when you can play a real person?

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

Chris wrote: Note I have zero interest in solo play, why would you want to play an AI when you can play a real person?
Two main reasons:
- Testing some skillsets faster
- When you might need to pause a game (e.g if you have a baby that like to wake up when you like to play - happened in my very first online game :lol: )

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

One of the advantages of Fumbbl, you don't get timed out automatically!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Chris wrote:Note I have zero interest in solo play, why would you want to play an AI when you can play a real person?
Well, with a wife, two kids and a dog the only time of day I can play an entire uninterrupted match is around 10-11pm Pacific time, at which point I'm not exactly bright-eyed and bushy-tailed . I actually don't play the game that often as my aging laptop can barely handle it. I've only played against a live opponent once, all the rest have been against the A.I., so I'd really like to face a computer opponent that knows enougn basic tactics to make it a challenge, can operate a Vampire team successfully, etc.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Smarter AI and the Slann team. :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

BB2 to be released with 8 teams. :roll:
http://www.jeuxvideoandco.com/actus/201 ... odblowl-2/

Human, Orcs, High Elfs, Dark Elfs, Dwarf, Chaos, Skaven and Brettonian (wtf??).

Unless it's a cheap release (say £5) with a decent cost DLC for the other races I'm out. Hadn't intended to get it from the get-go anyway, was going to wait to see about improvements to the AI and whether the same bugs were there, but this is a killer for me.
Still, at least Plasmoid will buy it. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.