Why no talk about Bacon Wrapped Skulls and Ones?

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Why no talk about Bacon Wrapped Skulls and Ones?

Post by mzukerman »

I've now listened to all 3 episodes of what is no longer the newest podcast and it's fun. Mike Vag I believe was suffering from all sorts of memory loss as he tried to recall BAWSH Bowl at NovaCon. I think it was due to the blinding memory of his pitch. It tends to push all other thoughts out of your mind.

Are these guys active on TFF? I met Mike (I was one of the NY guys) and we talked about running the circuit up and down the coast.

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Why no talk about Bacon Wrapped Skulls and Ones?

Post by sann0638 »

Yeah, I listened to and emailed them to offer them my Rumble in the Jungle!

Forgot to mention them in my podcast roundup :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Gobdomino
Rookie
Rookie

Another Podcast? Come on!

Post by Gobdomino »

Yet another podcast has popped up in the US of A in Richmond, VA. Myself (Nate Ball) and Mike Vag are in charge of the Bacon-Wrapped Skulls and Ones from the East Coast! Hopefully you guys enjoy us and we're not just gumming up the works with "yet another podcast". Check us out on iTunes and on Facebook, send some ideas, what you think we should chat about, etc. We would love to hear from you guys!

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Another Podcast? Come on!

Post by mzukerman »

There you are! (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=40370)

I met Vag at Nova Con. Entertaining guy!

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
Gobdomino
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Another Podcast? Come on!

Post by Gobdomino »

In BWSO Podcast #3, he talks about the NOVA Open and the fact that there were some great guys from New York who came down. Do y'all have any tournaments going on up there?

Gobdomino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gobdomino »

The delay in announcing ourselves to everyone was because we didn't want to let everyone know about us after the first podcast and then decide we couldn't do any more or make it a regular thing. But this is going to be a regular thing and we want to help promote Nuffle's Glorious Game to the rest of the world. Or at least the east coast of the US.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Even as a vegetarian, I'm looking forward to checking this out!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Hey there,

I've only finished the first two so far and I think you guys are great. I've found myself smiling along as I am listening to your show. Thanks for keeping it clean, too. I appreciate being able to listen over open speakers without worrying about offending my wife or surprising my kids. Looking forward to checking out episode three this weekend.

Cheers,
-Dan

Gobdomino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gobdomino »

@SunDevil - we are on a world mission to convert the vegetarians of the world to come to the dark side. Seriously. We are in talks right now of deep frying our bacon-wrapped hot dogs (we are from the South after all).

@Arclight - we decided to go clean especially for that reason. But, to be honest, it does require some editing and willpower on our part!

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I'm happy with cursing, but I do appreciate the fact that my kids can listen to this without fear. I love the other podcasts, but I just can't listen to them around my kids, that's all.

As for NY, just me and Andy (who played only in the sanctioned tourney). Larry (who won the night tourney) and Matt were actually Virginia folks. I'm trying to get them to hook up with the DUBBL league since they're in Fairfax and Loudon counties respectively.

I'm in the midst of organizing a NY tournament. Trust me, I'll be reaching out to you guys. It'll be a one-day four game affair. Probably in the spring.

libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

I wanted to post that I too am liking the podcast a lot.
I already gave them a hard time about not letting us know and not having twitter, so I'll be nice here. :-)
Now I just need to learn French to listen to the last remaining podcast...

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

mzukerman wrote:I'm happy with cursing, but I do appreciate the fact that my kids can listen to this without fear. I love the other podcasts, but I just can't listen to them around my kids, that's all.
<Three Die Block raises hand Horshach-style and desperately wants to be called on> :)

Glad to have another BB podcast out there and another clean one at that!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I'm not bothered by swearing at all. But the fact that 3DB avoids it has always made it sound more "professional" to me, and I could see it being more accessible to newer players.

So I don't think the lack of bad language should at all restrict the enjoyment of a podcast.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

SunDevil wrote:
mzukerman wrote:I'm happy with cursing, but I do appreciate the fact that my kids can listen to this without fear. I love the other podcasts, but I just can't listen to them around my kids, that's all.
<Three Die Block raises hand Horshach-style and desperately wants to be called on> :)

Glad to have another BB podcast out there and another clean one at that!
Yes Arnold, I know. You don't curse either. I didn't mean to lump you in with Vinny and Epstein. (I'll let the Both Down and Zlurpcast guys figure out which one is which. :lol: )

libloodbowl on Twitter
Empire Cup
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

Both have majestic hair, so either is fine.