Amazons for Orclahoma Bowl

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Amazons for Orclahoma Bowl

Post by mikeyc222 »

OK, full disclosure... I have never played Zons before, but I want to try something different for Orclahoma Bowl, and I have a really pretty looking Amazon team staring at me, sooooooo......
Here is my initial idea. If anyone has experience with them, please point out my stupidity so my opponents don't get to. :)

1150K Starting with 150k for skills
1x Thrower with Sure Hands, Leader
7X Linewomen
1x Catcher with Block
1x Blitzer with Frenzy
2x Blitzer with Guard
1x Blitzer +1MA
2x RR
1x Apo

I know this give me 13 starting players AND an apo, but as fragile as Zons are, I thought it might be a good idea to have a couple waiting on the bench.

Alternately

1x Thrower with Sure Hands
6x Linewomen
1x Catcher with Block
1X Blitzer with Frenzy, Strip Ball
2x Blitzer with Guard
1x Blitzer +MA
3x RR
1x Apo

Thoughts?

Reason: ''
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Zak Hazard
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Amazons for Orclahoma Bowl

Post by Zak Hazard »

Hi Mikey,

I'm pretty sure the total amount for Orclahoma Bowl is 1,150,000, and you can use 150,000 of that for skills - rather than 1,150,000 PLUS another 150,000 for skills. That's my understanding, at least. Although looking at your build, maybe that's what you have, in fact.

I've never played against Amazons, but I'll be there at the Orclahoma Bowl with my Necromantic team, so maybe we'll get a match. Who knows?

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

yeah, that's what I meant. 1150k with 150k of that available for skills purchase. I tend to forget to relay important details when I talk... for example, the details that turn a joke from funny to horribly offensive to any member of the human race. lol
I have accidentally offended more people in my life...... :D

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

If you only spend 140k on skills, can you spend 1.01m on the roster?

If so, 4 guard blitzers, 3 wrestle linos, fill out the rest with rerolls and line chumps.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Zak Hazard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zak Hazard »

I wasn't certain when I was reading it, Mikey, but then I remembered that you can get more Amazon players into a typical roster than you can other teams. Maybe I'll see the team there next week!

Wrestle, Shtev0, to bring down ball carriers, is that the idea? I've never used Wrestle in Blood Bowl, but I've put it on a model or two in my Necromantic team (if my memory serves) for the Orclahoma Bowl, so it would be useful to know what it's really good for!

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Re:

Post by mikeyc222 »

Shteve0 wrote:If you only spend 140k on skills, can you spend 1.01m on the roster?

If so, 4 guard blitzers, 3 wrestle linos, fill out the rest with rerolls and line chumps.
technically, i don't have to spend anything on skills the way I read the rules. so I COULD spend all 1150k on players and such. what I can't do is take any one skill more than three times, so 4 Guard blitzers is out. I also don't like the idea of no ball handlers. I have won tournament games because of last turn long bomb passes. but that's just me...