Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Tournament

Post by bizzydog217 »

So I know my league commissioner will probably see this because he always does ( :wink: ) which doesn't really matter since he is cool but I need some help with my upcoming tournament. The format is 1100 gold to build a roster. Then 100K to give skills to your players. Skills all cost the same they would in a league so normal is 20k, double is 30k etc. The tournament involves playing 4 games. No injuries will stick so all injuries will be only a badly hurt or miss this game. No gold will be earned and no SPP will be earned so what you build is what you get for every game. I'm completely at a loss of what to play/skills to assign.

My girlfriend will be playing Undead because she only knows that team so I don't know what to give these players or what roster to do. Tournament is on Saturday so all help will appreciated thanks.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Tournament

Post by sann0638 »

So you are asking for her Undead team? No other limits on number of doubles?

Personally, I'd go two block mummies, a tackle wight and a block ghoul for skills.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

My help request is for her Undead team and advice on any other team for me to play. How many ghouls though? Do I give her 2/3/4? Tough call.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Don't you know Tackle is out of style, Mike? :P At least that's what I'm told.

At 1.1 I would probably take all four ghouls. They're fast and agile and the lack of regeneration isn't (quite) as much of a big deal in a resurrection tournament. Dropping to 3 would allow you to buy a 13th player, but I don't know that an extra zombie is that useful unless she plans to do a lot of wanton fouling.

Both Block mummies as sannvised. A Wrestle ghoul or Frenzy wight to hunt the ball. For me it would then be a question of Block or Sure Hands on another ghoul. I'd usually go with Block, but you'll regret it if you use all three of your rerolls picking up the ball.

Is this for the Empire Cup? Good luck!

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

As for your own team, what have you got? What have you played before?

With only 100k for skills, Chaos dwarves and orcs are probably the easiest builds. It depends on what you're used to playing, though.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Gaixo wrote:sannvised.
Is that a word? If not it should be :)

1.1 with 100k skills could suit Amazons as well.
13 players (inc all positionals) for a spot of fouling and an Apoth or Babe (+3 RRs).
5 standard skills means a team of Blodge, or maybe some Guard sprinkled in for fun.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

2 Mummys
2 Wights
3 Ghouls
4 Zombies
2 Skeletons
3 Re-rolls

For skills, 2 Block Mummys doesn't sound half bad. You must have a Block Ghoul after that. After that another Ghoul skill is probably best. I might go for Wrestle as it is halfway between Block and Tackle. But this leaves you without any Guard so your fourth skill could end up being a Guard Wight.

As for the second team, Wood Elves would be amazing here (with standard roster / 5 normal skills). But when are they not? Dark Elves with 5 normal skills also look great.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Manjvice > sannvice.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Yes it is for empire cup. I'm thinking 3-4 ghouls. Block both mummies, block on a ghoul and maybe guard on a eight or block another ghoul.

For me I'm used to playing lots of stuff my narrowed choices are dark elf, Norse, Amazon. Or chaos dwarf. The team I've played best is dark elves. But I like all 4 choices