Hordes Bloodrunners from Privateer Press

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Thespian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thespian »

I was looking at these and wondering if anyone uses them as an pro elf or dark elf blood bowl team. I am worried that they may be too large in comparison to other miniatures. They come with the fancier 30mm rounded bases, but the actual scale isn't listed. Any advise?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Hordes Bloodrunners from Privateer Press

Post by Darkson »

Not sure on those particular figures, but PP human(-iods) seem to be a little bigger than the equivalent GW race, but not by a lot.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thespian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thespian »

And these ones seem to be a bit hunched over too, so maybe that will help give a better impression of scale.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Always thought they would make perfect vamps

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Norse wrote:Always thought they would make perfect vamps
+1

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Thespian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thespian »

I thought of Vamps too, but they all have masks on.... They have the right feel, but for whatever reason, I feel like they should have fast fang access! I'd be curious to see what they would look like next to any of the existing Thrall minis that are out there.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Shteve0 wrote:
Norse wrote:Always thought they would make perfect vamps
+1
Me too!
Love how dynamic they look (AG 4 all over), and considering using them as Vamps, it wouldn't really bug me if they felt a tad bigger than their thralls, after all they are ST 4.

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

I ordered these for a vamps team but found they are massive compared to a lot of other BB models. I didn't end up using them.

They are nice looking miniatures and would look great in a team but just too big for me.

Thespian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thespian »

fire olli wrote:I ordered these for a vamps team but found they are massive compared to a lot of other BB models. I didn't end up using them.

They are nice looking miniatures and would look great in a team but just too big for me.
Ah - there we have it then! I like the miniatures, but this confirms my worry. Thanks!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

fire olli wrote:I ordered these for a vamps team but found they are massive compared to a lot of other BB models. I didn't end up using them.

Ooh - pics please? Cheers :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I have them for vamps but am stuck for thralls. Am thinking Black Widows as a possibility

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I think I'd pair them with WM thralls. Heff, would you be able to post a size comparison please? Would appreciate it muchly. Ta :)

smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Re:

Post by smokingmonkee »

Shteve0 wrote:I think I'd pair them with WM thralls. Heff, would you be able to post a size comparison please? Would appreciate it muchly. Ta :)
I have them as well and had the same idea for thralls.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Thespian wrote:I was looking at these and wondering if anyone uses them as an pro elf or dark elf blood bowl team. I am worried that they may be too large in comparison to other miniatures. They come with the fancier 30mm rounded bases, but the actual scale isn't listed. Any advise?

Both sets of miniatures are "Gaming Scale" and will look just fine together. The official scale on Privateer Press miniatures is 30mm- as opposed to the official scale of GW minis at 28mm.

Privateer Press' line has been subject to scalecreep for less than a quarter of the time GW has been scale creeping their minis, so they've ended up around the same size. Some PP humanoids are going to be a bit larger than some GW minis, but ultimately they fit just fine together (I've mixed the ranges for RPGs quite often.

As for the bases- those are 30mm bases, but the flat part on top is about 25mm across, so they'll fit on 25mm bases just fine. The only concern I'd have about that is when you're working with metal minis, they might be a bit top-heavy, so consider weighing down your bases a bit (I find that inserting nickles under 25mm bases is perfect for this).

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Re:

Post by Heff »

smokingmonkee wrote:
Shteve0 wrote:I think I'd pair them with WM thralls. Heff, would you be able to post a size comparison please? Would appreciate it muchly. Ta :)
I have them as well and had the same idea for thralls.
No they don't work for me. But thanks for the suggestion

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.