Pitch Invasion: A Blood Bowl Podcast

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Pitch Invasion: A Blood Bowl Podcast

Post by siggyllama »

TlawsonTim wrote:Sorry Siggy, well be glad to beat you in the challenge as well!
That's more like it!

Reason: ''
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Pitch Invasion: A Blood Bowl Podcast

Post by Madsherman »

You guys are doing great! I really enjoy the skill review episodes :) It's weird how I thought, although I always want more BB podcasts, that the knowledge pool was exhausted and everything was covered. Then you guys come along and deliver outstanding performances! Now you guys just need a producer ;)

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TlawsonTim »

Thanks we're glad that everyone is still enjoying the cast.

As for the producer;

You're hired, the job doesn't pay well, we pay in Soviet Rubles! 20 Soviet Rubles per episode!

DeToX86
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeToX86 »

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Time to kick the kik! :P

DeToX86
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeToX86 »

Back from the dead!

That ref commercial was great. :D

DeToX86
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeToX86 »

New Episode is out. It's worth a listen. 8)

Gordon Lightfeet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gordon Lightfeet »

Best episode yet! I totally agree with everything you guys said. You guys had me laughing so hard it hurt!

I'd vote for Tim next election in a heartbeat, but I'm going to need a big flashing button to do it. Perhaps that should be your platform? :lol:

If I could make one tiny suggestion? I listen to you guys while driving. I had to roll the windows up, crank the volume, and lean into the speaker to hear you. Is it possible you guys could bump up the levels a bit?

Other than that, no complaints at all. Great show guys! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing you at Chaos Cup (if you haven't been banned from NAF tournaments :P ).

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Just listened to the episode. Shots fired!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Listened, and will be in touch.

Only thing to say publicly at the moment is that if other people do have questions about the NAF, probably best to put them on the NAF forum. Best way of getting things answered, in my experience.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

great thoughts on cyanide.. really hope bloodbowl 2 goes full narrowtier!

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

I was quite enjoying your episodes up to #10, especially your overview of the various skills. I then listened to most of episode 11 and I'm now unlikely either to make it through the remainder, or download any more in future.

You seemed to spend a truly painful amount of time at the beginning of the episode talking over each other in order to add up a long list of completely fabricated numbers, at the end of which you entirely failed to make any sort of point that I could make out.

You then went on to perpetrate what seemed to be an incredibly childish and completely unwarranted attack on the NAF. I was really taken aback to hear grown men making such overly simplistic and poorly reasoned arguments from such a position of profound ignorance.

I really don't understand why anyone would go to the effort of heaping vitriol on another person or group of people without first having the courtesy to do even the most basic of research.

I can only imagine that you were hoping to generate lazy content through controversy and saw the NAF as a soft target.

TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TlawsonTim »

I won't talk to you earlier points, but I feel you've been blinded by the light, both Kik and I did our research for that topic, quite a bit actually. So your comments are misguided and uneducated. Both Kik and are NAF members as we stated in episode 11.

We both feel the NAF has done an alright job but they have a lot of room to improve and a lot of things to explain. Have you looked at their financial report? It doesn't explain why there is an access of funds sitting in their accounts. As for the relationship with GW it's clear that there is zero relationship there, or the NAF would still be able to hive out block dice.

But we thank you for your feedback, we can only get better with both positive and negative feed back.

Cheers!

Tlawson Tim

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Hutch,

We're very sorry to hear you feel that way. You'd likely be surprised to know that we've gotten a lot of positive feedback. In fact, way more positive than negative. But, we knew then negative would be there -- this is a very divisive topic.

We didn't attack the NAF. We simply brought up issues that needed to be talked about. Most relationships don't work unless things are talked out, and this is no different.

In the end, the NAF -- and, frankly, all of us players -- have no vested interested in this game we love. We play it, that's it. Only GW and Cyanide have any rights to the game (as the owner and licencee, respectively). Anyone else is delusional about it, so when I see players talk about how and what should be done, it gets me going. The NAF has as much to modify and put out new rules as I do. Or you do. They can house rule whatever they want, and members can decide to accept it, but what about those that don't then? In that case, the NAF would be dividing the player-base instead of bringing them together, which is -- I believe -- its goal.

But, I could be completely wrong. However, feedback received shows I likely am not.

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I tweeted and emailed PI a few weeks ago, but have had no reply.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

We'll reply on the next podcast (already recorded, hopefully I get time to edit before Chaos Cup). A heads up, we've invited you on Mike. :)

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team