Live Draw for Round 1!

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Live Draw for Round 1!

Post by rolo »

I believe that live streaming is banned in Germany because live streams can have music without GEMA knowing about it.

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

lunchmoney wrote:
RoterSternHochdahl wrote:They don't dare to allow streaming here anymore I guess after they were confronted with charges for distributing nazi propaganda
Well done on invoking Godwin's Law.

It's probably more to do with this.
Not quite:

a) this is not a comparison
b) the "blocking videos" debate does not concern live streaming but the ongoing use of copyright protected content

As a sidenote: I do not know whether they ever introduced livestreaming in Germany yet

@rolo: this is what Google claims

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I did think about switching to Twitch, but have 100 youtube followers so thought I would stick with it. Maybe in future! DocMaxx says it's possible to get round it?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

As far as I know, the only way to get around it is to use a proxy in a country where the stream is available.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Sorry chaps.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

sann0638 wrote:I did think about switching to Twitch, but have 100 youtube followers so thought I would stick with it. Maybe in future! DocMaxx says it's possible to get round it?
Can someone video the video and put that on twitch?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Seems overkill.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

I hope it shall be available on Youtube after the event then

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

rolo wrote:I believe that live streaming is banned in Germany because live streams can have music without GEMA knowing about it.
It will be a shame if the Germans miss out on the first round. Will they be allowed to enter the competition in the second round or is that them out of the competition entirely?

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Just want to repeat this request as it appears to have been missed in the excitement.
lunchmoney wrote:Mike, I'm expecting full formal wear.
I'm expecting you to have a celebrity guest star to discuss something topical, then cut away to a 45 minute game show, then come back to push the button and discuss the draw.

I beleive in you. You can do this.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Of course it will be available after the event. I'm hoping people will be commenting etc in the chat, I can't remember if that gets saved (I think it does...)

Still not sure if I will be visible or not Lunch! Offering to guest star?

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

sann0638 wrote:Still not sure if I will be visible or not Lunch! Offering to guest star?
That's right, I'm a star :)

I am already booked to make an appearance in Poole on this Saturday evening, so I will not be able to be there. Are there not other celebs in Swindon?

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

lunchmoney wrote:
sann0638 wrote:Still not sure if I will be visible or not Lunch! Offering to guest star?
That's right, I'm a star :)

I am already booked to make an appearance in Poole on this Saturday evening, so I will not be able to be there. Are there not other celebs in Swindon?
Not unless their stalkers have failed to untie them.

Some of the entries from a '10 Celebrities you didn't know were from Swindon', may hope aren't high if this the best they could come up with, frankly Sann in a dress is look top drawer in comparison :lol: ...

Ben Thatcher
Born in Swindon in 1975. Welsh international footballer with an uncompromising attitude to the game. Currently with Ipswich Town, he played seven times for Wales as a full back, but also made four appearances for England at Under-21 level. He has played for Millwall, Wimbledon, Tottenham, Leicester, Manchester City and Charlton. Spurs bought him for a fee believed to be around £5million.

Antony Micallef
Born in Swindon in 1975. Renowned contemporary artist who has exhibitied paintings and sculptures at Tate Britain and the Royal Academy of Arts in London, and other prestigious international galleries. He is best known for using cultural icons and corporate logos in his work, and his gritty and often dark style has led Micallef to be likened to Francis Bacon.

Angel Long
Born in Swindon in 1980. One of Britain’s best-known adult film actresses, and a presenter of late-night cable TV programmes. Her real name is Sarah Read. She has been nothing if not prolific. According to the Internet Movie Database, she featured in 168 different movies between 2000 and 2008 – none of them with titles suitable for a family oriented website!

Thaila Zucchi
Born in Swindon in 1981. Pop star turned actress and TV presenter. She was a member of allSTARS*, but since 2002 has been seen in a range of different TV programmes, including Balls of Steel, The IT Crowd and comedies Star Stories and Not Going Out. She also featured in Big Brother 8, when she posed as an Australian housemate while acting as a programme ‘mole’.

Lyndon Ogbourne
Born in Swindon in 1983. “Hunky telly star” (according to one celebrity website). Best known for playing Nathan Wylde in more than 30 episodes of Emmerdale, he landed the part after a selection process involving six auditions. He’s also appeared in Spooks and has had various small TV roles, including in Robin Hood and the daytime soap, Doctors.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

That's a good looking list. I'd be tempted to change my plans if Mike could get some of those celebs to attend.... ;)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

picky I know but your info might be a little out of date-- Ben thatcher had his contract terminated in 2010 by Roy Keane,

Spot the tractor boy fan

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"