Percy's Trollcast

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Percy's Trollcast

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Hi folks, you wait ages for a new BB podcast and two turn up at once!

The Trollcast is the only Blood Bowl podcast that's hosted, edited and produced by a Troll, Percy the Troll! Percy is helped by Dave and Ol, a couple of so-called humans.

This episode we do a very brief run-down of the history of Blood Bowl from the mid-80s to the present day including our own past with the game. Then there's a look at the human roster, it's players, strengths and weaknesses. Finally we take a look our on-line Blood Bowl League, the Rolling Thunder Blood Bowl League (RTBBL), which has just finished it's 6th season with a knockout Cup competition.

http://percytrollcast.blogspot.co.uk/ for the episode or

http://percytrollcast.blogspot.com/feed ... lt?alt=rss is the rss feed to subscribe to.

Percy would love to get some feedback on this first episode so please feel free to post.

Reason: ''
Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Percy's Trollcast

Post by Twelfman »

Weeeird! Are you sure we're not the same person?

I'll have a listen now :)

-Alex

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

I can't get it to work on my phone! And I don't know if the feed link is correct. It could just e that I'm on a phone. I'll try on a PCs later.

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Two in as many days! Good work guys.

Is it on iTunes? I can't get the subscribe link to work either. Listening via the blogspot link now.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Not on iTunes yet, Percy needs to set up an account to get it registered.

I'm looking into the feed issue now.

Edit: The atom feed works for me when I paste it into my podcatcher so I'm not sure what else I can do with it. What podcatchers are you folks using?

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Feedburner is really good for getting feeds to work!

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

I've updated the RSS link, can someone let me know if that's fixed now?

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

And it's submitted to iTunes too which was more work that I feel should be strictly necessary...

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

We are now on iTunes. We could do with some positive reviews to bump us up the search rankings... :)

Gordon Lightfeet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gordon Lightfeet »

Tried downloading it to the phone today through Podcast Republic. Only downloads the first 20 minutes, then just quits.

I'll have to give it a listen this weekend on the computer when I have more downtime.

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I'm thinking Percy the Troll is like Vera from Cheers. Or Mrs. Walowitz from Big Bang Theory. Maybe Wilson from Home Improvement. Or the teacher on Peanuts.

It was entertaining guys. Looking forward to more. But now you're making it difficult for me to appear on all of the podcasts by giving me two more to shoot for. :D

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Got to listen to the show and I enjoyed it! Welcome to the podcast world of Blood Bowl guys, we are glad to have you!

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Gordon Lightfeet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gordon Lightfeet »

Gave it one last shot for a download on the phone, and got the whole thing. Great show. Looking forward to the next one!

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

It's episode 2 on the Trollcast and Percy has managed to get us an exclusive newsflash! After that Dave and Ol run through a guide for people new to Blood Bowl. Then there's a look at the players and tactics of the Orc team. The Rolling Thunder Blood Bowl League gets some scrutiny and then there's just enough time for some shout outs.

GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GJK »

I'm listening to the 1st episode now and I like the content and the discussion thus far. One request tho' - Dave sounds fine but Ol's mike is low and it's difficult to hear him when in traffic. :)

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer