Essex Bloodbowl League

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: Basildon Warboyz Bloodbowl League in Basildon, Essex

Post by voyagers_uk »

So, 16 committed for Season 3....

still room though and 4-8 more considering their teams and whether they want to join in Season 3

anyone in Essex, you are welcome to come along. hit me up for details

keep 'em coming

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Re: Essex Bloodbowl League in Basildon, Essex

Post by voyagers_uk »

now renamed the Essex Bloodbowl league as we have potentially another game club in the area starting a division using the same rules as we do.

So Basildon Warboyz and Essex Legion become one Bloodbowl league with multiple tournaments and divisions and hopefully inter club match ups....

I am excited as is the commish of their new league.

so if you live in the county and can make it either to Basildon or Hornchurch then give us a shout.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

season 3 actually kicked off with 14.

I am not taking part this season and neither is the season 2 champ. He is starting a division of the league at a nearby club (spreading the hobby) and I am offering tutorials and rookie games to new coaches.

it is working well.

Plans for the future

Season 4
This will be a straight knockout cup for teams who have played more than 9 games

other teams can take part in a simple round robin season. keeping it simple.

We will have the big bad teams play for the cup and the rest play a league season with a separate prize

Season 5
only teams that have played less than 6 games can take part, so teams that have bubbled in our rookie league get to play. It is not a complete reset as the big bad teams can still return in teh future

Season 6
Same as Season 4

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Season 6 is only the playoffs away

I am hoping that numbers of interested parties become actual members, which could give us 32 members, I think I am 28-29 at current count with Xmas presents for gamers still unwrapped

Fingers crossed

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

so we have expanded to a second games club. RAW Weekenders have announced they will start a division for our league and we will have joint playoffs and that should see us increase further... I will speak to a few more local clubs to see if they want in too.

26 definitely signed up for next season from within my club 4-6 signed up at the new one so far...

looking good for 2017

asignal2noise
Rookie
Rookie

Post by asignal2noise »

Hi, I notice that nothing's been on here for a while.

Is the league still going?

I was actually trying to see if I could get a bunch of people to start a bb league in Southend. I've recently got back into after many years and I've really enjoyed painting up / confirting (buying miniatures on eBay :cry: )a whole bunch of teams now and I'm itching to find a league.

Is this league still going? Or is there maybe another in the Southend area I could join?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Re: Essex Bloodbowl League

Post by voyagers_uk »

hi, the league is still going on, we are in the middle of our most recent season currently. we don't play out of Basildon any more, instead we play the bulk of games at Wayland in Hockley.

pm me for details