UKTC team introductions

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: UKTC team introductions

Post by JT-Y »

Joemanji wrote:But who can concede first? We should make that a competition...
If I draw you in the first round, I'll let you win that particular competition. Deal?

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Joemanji wrote:But who can concede first? We should make that a competition...
That's what the coin toss is for! Although instead of tossing the coin, I defer to my opponent.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

My vote is that we play a game, rather than just flipping one coin, we play a game where we roll an extraordinary amount of dice?

The guy who can calculates all those odds better than his piers is considered a champion, there is a rare chance that the some idiot will manage to fluke some luck, but in general the guy with the best tactics will win?

After that, we get to talk shit about how great we are at rolling chances, cry about the odds going against us and grin from ear to ear when the off chances go our way?

I have never been the person telling you I'm the best at everything, and sure as shit there are people better than me, but I will stand by my guns and tell you that the 'illuminati' are actually touchable. They are far from perfect, and if you lot let them sit in their high tower without anybody rocking their boat, they'll sit their forever.

I for one state that they can be slapped squarely in the face, with no remorse. (Despite the fact that they can actually play this game better than me?)

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

So many speiling miestakes and errors grammatical but I cannot summon up enough enthusiasm to chastise!

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Garrick wrote:So many speiling miestakes and errors grammatical but I cannot summon up enough enthusiasm to chastise!
Heh, I'd try to fight it but I think my game is about run. It's hard to hide a truth. Safe to say I'm mostly harmless.

Sorry for being a little wet.

Half proud of getting a rise out of one of the big guns, but I'm sure I'll live long enough to suffer the returned wrath in full.

Sorry for attempting to be precocious, I've obviously never had the joy of attending a grammar school...

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
CharlieBanks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CharlieBanks »

Oooooooo this is getting close!

Excited now - I confidently expect to lose every game but it should be a giggle :)

And don't mind Verb's - he's just grumpy when he's sober! That's a point, who booked this thing in 'Dry January' - he's gonna be a bloody nightmare :D

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

CharlieBanks wrote:'Dry January'...
You realise this is a Blood Bowl tournament, right? :wink:

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

pipey wrote:
CharlieBanks wrote:'Dry January'...
You realise this is a Blood Bowl tournament, right? :wink:
Blood Bowl tournaments are officially excluded from 'Dry January' IT'S THE LAW!

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

Sooooo excited! However I make no obligations to dry January! Mine will be very wet with maybe a bit of rain dancing thrown in! Hopefully I will be joined by others like sizzler and twinkle toes garrick, either way this will be epic!

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Sizzler wrote: Let's get back to the descriptions
That...

Team four minutes (badly transmitted to the organisation team since the original name was the "Four minutes men")

How to make a good bloodbowl team in 4 minutes:
1-pick 2 french coach
2-pick 2 other french coach
3-find a team name
4-subscribe to tournament

Justicium
Ever heard about the Turonne Bashlord ? better check google then. Team spirit is not a concept, it is his way of life. Socializing, drinking, competiting, this is why you do tournaments right ? then i am surprised if you don't know Justicium yet.

Bibi
The one player you fear on the pitch. Several tournaments wins. He will crush you even with D3 when you play with D6. One of if not the best player in France. And some people say that he is also a very nice guy, but this can only be a "fake".

Sladmortis
Sometime you need finesse and élégance (en français dans le texte), even in bloodbowl, this is when you call Sladmortis. Some jedi have a blue lightsaber because they are on the light side, some purple and some red, this guy would have a white lightsaber.

Elyoukey
Bloodbowl Junkie. If there are bloodbowl games then he will not be very far. Not a surprise that he crosses lands and seas to face all kind of opponents. Some people believe you can't be good at painting minis and at playing ... i don't.

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Elyoukey wrote: Justicium
Ever heard about the Turonne Bashlord ? better check google then. Team spirit is not a concept, it is his way of life. Socializing, drinking, competiting, this is why you do tournaments right ? then i am surprised if you don't know Justicium yet.
How can you talk about jerome and not mention his awesomeness at petanque!? The man can hit a gnats kneecap at 20 paces. And his action has such a nice flourish...

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

I had assumed Team 4 Minute was a sexual reference. Some sort of average? ;)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Elyoukey wrote:Elyoukey
Bloodbowl Junkie. If there are bloodbowl games then he will not be very far. Not a surprise that he crosses lands and seas to face all kind of opponents. Some people believe you can't be good at painting minis and at playing ... i don't.
To me, you will always be "the guy who brought us Samba Action Calculator"!!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

pipey wrote:I had assumed Team 4 Minute was a sexual reference. Some sort of average? ;)
I think it's a total not an average.

Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heartsbane »

Team Eatbats sports division is a spin off from the main Eatbats group, which prioritises sportsmanship and hobby skill over game winning ability. Nevertheless, we have some competitive spirit, and after a year of playing Blood Bowl tourneys we're aspiring to the same mid table mediocrity as our fantasy playing counterparts have achieved after a decade.

Coachkeeper: Newly appointed team captain, and international jet-setter, CK has a prodigious collection of teams and pitches to show for his lengthy experience of the game. His liking for playing against type saw him win the league award for most passes in a season. With dwarves. (don't worry, he's not bringing dwarves to UKTC II)

Gethyn: A man of extremes, 2015 saw him finish painting two teams: the first edition skaven team he'd been working on since he bought teem from GW, and his pastafarians, which went from unassembled to fully painted in three days.

Heartsbane: Following the release of Age of Sigmar, HB swore to never play a round based game again, so now he steadfastly puts all his blood bowl figures on square bases. He thinks it'll catch on. He's also sad that he didn't know the legal exemption of blood bowl tourneys from dry January this time last year.

Mattevens: Matt's enthusiasm for the game is matched only by his hatred of his dice. Considering himself jynxed, it's a rare game that reaches turn four before he begins grumbling about the treacherous cubes of disappointment. One of Matt's ancestors' entire lineage was cursed to ill fortune by a Mayan priestess nearly five centuries ago, but his teammates keep telling him the two are unconnected...