Score tournament software - how could it be improved?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Score tournament software - how could it be improved?

Post by sann0638 »

Just revisiting this thread and found Vigfus's excellent feedback. Good stuff.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Would be lovely if the upload would also result in an entry accessible for everybody through member.thenaf.net showing
- the winner
- the final standings
- most Touchdowns
- most Casualties
- maybe too difficult: best stunty

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good call - not on the current version of the Member Area, but somewhere definitely.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

Didn't realise there was a wiki for it so went to check it out and getting a subscription expired message, probably aware but thought better mention it.
Used software for first time last year and worst part was getting results onto NAF otherwise really easy, mind ours was a simple format

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

hissa-lives wrote:Didn't realise there was a wiki for it so went to check it out and getting a subscription expired message, probably aware but thought better mention it.
All of the stuff that was written for the wiki (mostly by Mike, with a little inout from others) has been moved to the NAF site.
hissa-lives wrote:Used software for first time last year and worst part was getting results onto NAF otherwise really easy, mind ours was a simple format
As long as your data is correct it's really easy.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

Awesome think I've found it thanks.
Yeah I had an issue with new member signed up for event. Needed help and can't fault the volunteers at all :D

DarthBLU
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DarthBLU »

I did the first Spanish translation quite some time ago... l also translated the new stuff from last version about a year ago and I send it to joris but haven't heard anything more from him.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re:

Post by sann0638 »

DarthBLU wrote:I did the first Spanish translation quite some time ago... l also translated the new stuff from last version about a year ago and I send it to joris but haven't heard anything more from him.
Send it to me and i will pop it on the naf.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote:Would be lovely if the upload would also result in an entry accessible for everybody through member.thenaf.net showing
- the winner
- the final standings
- most Touchdowns
- most Casualties
- maybe too difficult: best stunty
Agreed. Currently you can see all the single matches, but no summary of standings for a past event. Would be neat.

Also I would like to see the option of uploading results to thenaf.net per round (assuming Internet-connection), so that it is possible to "follow" an event liveish.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

straume wrote:Also I would like to see the option of uploading results to thenaf.net per round (assuming Internet-connection), so that it is possible to "follow" an event liveish.
I think that would be something that would need implementing on the NAF website, rather than Score itself.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Darkson wrote:
straume wrote:Also I would like to see the option of uploading results to thenaf.net per round (assuming Internet-connection), so that it is possible to "follow" an event liveish.
I think that would be something that would need implementing on the NAF website, rather than Score itself.
True. Would not necessarily have to run into the same database though, so there would be less legacy junk to deal with for a front end displaying the live results

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yep, that's where this is leading, hopefully.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

I didn't take any notes, but I tried using SCORE for a small tournament last summer. We had an odd number of players and it didn't seem to handle the bye's correctly if I recall.

I would like to see it create a true swiss system.

Please ignore if anything wonky was due to user error.

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

This is what I have come up with - comments welcome: http://www.thenaf.net/2016/02/nafscore-specification/

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

celticgriffon wrote:I didn't take any notes, but I tried using SCORE for a small tournament last summer. We had an odd number of players and it didn't seem to handle the bye's correctly if I recall.
Just add a coach called "Bye" or "Spare" (etc.) and it will generate the draw for you, though if you have a specific player each round that is going to have the bye you might need to change that manually.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.