Help with Underworld Blitzer Skill

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Help with Underworld Blitzer Skill

Post by Rewslaun »

Greetings,

I have an underworld team in a short league and I need help picking a non-double skill for the Skaven Blitzer. I have 3 games left with 2 of them versus Khemri and the other against Goblins. I'm thinking Guard but Horns also appeals to me. I'm open to anything. Please give me your thoughts.

Here is my current roster:

Warpstone Troll - Block
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin - Two Heads
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin
Skaven Thrower
Skaven Thrower - Dodge, +ST
Skaven Lineman
Skaven Lineman
Skaven Blitzer - New Skill
Skaven Blitzer - Mighty Blow

Reason: ''
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Help with Underworld Blitzer Skill

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Mighty Blow (unless you're facing lots of Blodge, then Tackle).

Underworld needs to murder the opponent before you are murdered yourself; they're like Norse in that sense. So all your Strength acces players (Blitzers and Troll) need ClawPOMB (+Tackle) asap.

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Mighty blow. Get rid of the other team :smoking:

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

I'm starting to feel like I haven't been hitting enough with my Underworld team. I hit with my Blitzers whenever I can but the Troll I usually park in a good place either marking a couple enemy players or shielding my goblins. He's also successfully thrown 3 Goblins that resulted in one turn touchdowns. I thought Mighty Blow on one of the Blitzers might be enough but not from what you guys are saying. Thanks for the feedback.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

mighty blow

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help with Underworld

Post by Rewslaun »

Greetings,

I'm heading into the last game of the regular season against Khemri. The winner of this match will face off against Nurgle. I have the most hated player in the league with my strength boosted thrower with Dodge and he just got better. I've been trying to get to 31 points so I could put block on him to make him a little harder to knock down but I rolled 11. I want to play it safe and put block on him but I don't think I can pass up the extra agility. When the Khemri coach saw that I rolled 11 he just shook his head and said he is going to do everything he can possibly do to kill him in our next game. I don't like the idea of having to wait for another 20 points to put block on him but I can't pass on having a 4ST, 4AG thrower. What do you guys think?

Also, can you recommend a general skill for my rat lineman that just levelled up? Something that would help against Khemri and hopefully Nurgle. I was think Kick might help to put them deep into their zone but I am completely open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Warpstone Troll - Block, Claw
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin - Two Heads
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin
Underworld Goblin
Skaven Thrower - Block
Skaven Thrower - Dodge, +ST, (+AG or Block)
Skaven Lineman
Skaven Lineman - New Skill
Skaven Blitzer - Mighty Blow
Skaven Blitzer

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

thrower => AG no brainer! he has even already dodge!

wrestle on linemen is great, whatever the opponent
but kick is good choice as well, especially if khemri / nurgle are the 2 last games of the team.

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Thrower = +AG
Linerat = Wrestle (to let the gobbos foul opponent on groynd)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

You have to get the +AG, if he survives to 51 you have a superstar in the making.

As a Khemri coach in our league, I can confirm that Khemri really, really hate Kick. Kick deep and be ready to toss a goblin, if Khemri fail on their offense they basically can't win.
Otherwise, Wrestle or Block would also be solid choices for your Lino. Dauntless could be a decent investment too given your schedule but it's hard to take that before Block/Wrestle.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Agree with Rolo. +1 AG, and either wrestle or block. Perhaps kick, depends on your playstyle.

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Thanks for the posts. I went with +AG on the thrower and I put kick on the Linerat and we played our match yesterday.

I kicked to him and the linerat kicked the ball right in the back corner, it was a perfect kick. Everything went downhill from there. The Khemri player played well and had hot dice. By turn 4 half of my team was gone with 3 being casualties and 3 knockouts. None of the knockouts came out for the rest of the game. I finished the game with 3 players on the pitch and a 1-0 loss. On the plus side my Thrower survived. My troll was killed twice but saved by regen rolls. Then he was seriously injured and my regen roll failed. He now only has 3 movement.

So my final question is do I keep a Block, Claw troll with only 3 movement? I think I should because of block but 3 movement sucks.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Rewslaun wrote:
So my final question is do I keep a Block, Claw troll with only 3 movement? I think I should because of block but 3 movement sucks.
Yes, I would, but only because he has block.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Keep him

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Okay thanks guys. I'll keep the Troll on my roster.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Get Stand Firm for him, even before Tentacles.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.