2nd Ed. minis at Warhammer World (Bugman's)

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Re: 2nd Ed. minis at Warhammer World (Bugman's)

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

sann0638 wrote:
Digger Goreman wrote: I'm using the Lycos as a Chaos Ogre.....
Anyone else spot the irony?
That's no irony, it's just reality! :lol:

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Deus Magi wrote:Yes, the original Frank'N'Stein was a great figure. I didn't go for the later version, seemed too slim and not as clunky (if that's a word?)....
One day I may do an alternate Necro team and would/will pair the traditional citadel Frank with the Meiko Aigor.... They look good together, side by side, and give off that "Young Frankenstein" vibe.... :orc:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

I do wish I could have attended to get these... I think I have maybe one of those stars. :D

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

From the Blood Bowl Facebook account:

Bilerot: 180k
Frank: 210k (and they made a joke about his transfer fee being wrong, so they can laugh at their own errors).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:From the Blood Bowl Facebook account:

Frank: 210k (and they made a joke about his transfer fee being wrong, so they can laugh at their own errors).
Was very glad to see they relooked at the costs. More surprised to see they went with the formula used for the CRP (in a good surprise way)

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Darkson wrote:From the Blood Bowl Facebook account:

Out of interest, what was the previous costing for them?

Edit: Nevermind, found them.

Bilerot Vomitflesh - Chaos Lineman - 140k
Frank N. Stein - Undead Blocker - 160k

So Bilerot has gone up 40k and Frank 50k. That seemed about right based on Galak's costings.

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

A little late to the table here, but:

Do we have any indications if these players are going to be part of the new edition?
Or are they just out there for that weekend and to bring back interest?

(I'm working on building and converting a huge undead/khemri/vampire/necro-team based on the 1982 Washington Redskins and want to have all positionals and star players available)

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I believe they were just for the weekend. All the Stars we know are coming back in due course with new minis and there are new ones planned. This was a chance to dig out some old moulds from the vault and do something special for the players that weekend.
The only one I know of not getting a new mini is Zara, but that doesn't mean she'll vanish or become unusable - as I've said before, everything in the CRP remains good and will hopefully get reprinted in due course, it's just that these days GW won't print rules or stats for a thing until they have a model ready for release (thanks Chapterhouse) - just that the Buffy clone isn't popular with the studio and they'll be exploring new stuff.

New Stars, and revisiting old ones, is all about plumbing the lore for the setting that bit more and a real chance for FW to create some cool minis.
An example I've already given is Eldril, gone is the stuff made up to try and explain Hypno Gaze, which didn't fit fully fit but was a symptom of the era when it was written and a lot of old school fluff was being deliberately ignored by the studio of the time which I belive placed restrictions upon the BBRC as well, and back is the original fluff, in no small part thanks to Andy Hoare who is as big a champion of the old school fluff as you could wish to meet and wants to tie it in wherever possible with stuff that came later - in 3rd ed WFB Sea Elf Wardancers had a similar hypnotic gaze rule unique to them, Eldril is a Sea Elf Wardancer.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Thanks for your insight and reply JT-Y, I'm really looking forward to the release. It can be great and I think it will :D

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

@JT-Y - are they not the sort of thing that will be in the league packs? Different "additional" ways to play which doesn't affect the main rules?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

The plan is to release several Deathzone supplements. They will contain league variant rules, rosters, Stars, etc., and each will have a theme to it.
I don't think Stars can be considered core rules. I imagine they expect new stars to fit straight in with old. How leagues and tournaments treat them is of course entirely up to them.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik