Chaos Pact Development

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Klopstock
Rookie
Rookie

Chaos Pact Development

Post by Klopstock »

Hi Guys,
I have just started a Chaos Pact team and after my first game I am a little unsure what to do. My roster was the following:

Minotaur
Ogre
Skaven Renegade
Dark Elf Renegade
Goblin Renegade
6 Marauders
3 Re-Rolls
40k spare money

After the game I gained 50k Gold and a Skill-Up on the Dark Elf. I am planning to look at my next opponent: If they are not extremely bashy I will save the money to get the Troll after the game and an Apothecary hopefully one game after that. Or should I get another Marauder now?

But the harder question for me is the Elf. I rolled an Agility Boost. Normally that's great, but I am a little unsure whether I should take it. Initially I planned on using him as my main Ball Blitzer, giving him Strip Ball, Wrestle, Tackle and maybe Horns to retreive the ball. The Agility Boost seemed fantastic at first, but makes no difference on normal, uncontested rolls to pick up the ball, catch and dodge - and I am definitely not going to turn my only guy with regular Agility access, no Passing access and also Animosity into a Thrower. My question: Is the Agility Boost worth the Team Value and the missed skill I could take instead? What role should he fill with that Agility of 5?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help, I am relatively new to the game and appreciate all the help :)

Reason: ''
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

If you plan on making him your ball blitzer, AG5 will make him able to dodge into almost any cage.
Personally, I'd have a really hard time turning down AG5. ;)

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Chaos Pact Development

Post by straume »

Def. keep!

You say you want strip ball and wrestle on him. Well that goes well with AG5 and leap.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Elves are all about the cheese.... Definitely ag5....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Klopstock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Klopstock »

Okay, I did not really think about Leap. Good point there, I will definitely take the Boost now. Thanks a lot! :D

And regarding the money: Considering I have 90k now, should I go directly for the Troll? Our league is quite soft with lots of ball-focused teams and few bashy ones, so I feel quite comfortable in spending this money on players before getting the Apothecary, but should I rather get the Troll or get another two Marauders before the Doc?

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

How long do you wants that ag5 abomination to live!?! Get the apoth now .....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

I would put the agility boost on the Dark Elf and I would buy the apothecary and reserve it for just the Dark Elf unless it is on the last turn of the game.