Stompie's various blood bowl teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Stompie's various blood bowl teams

Post by Pedda »

Regash wrote:
Pedda wrote:It's not that bad. 3,70€ for untraced (add 2,50€ for traced)
That's national shipment.
To UK it's about 11 € traceable.
And to be honest, I wouldn't like to ship other than traceable.
No, it's 3,70€ (+2,50€ for traced) to anywhere in the world when you send the miniatures in a padded envelope (which is usually enough)
post.de

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Well, than let's just say, I don't like them in just an envelope.
I wanna make sure they're reaching their destination intact.

But it doesn't matter as Stompie didn't want my Woodelfs.
So back to topic.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Regash wrote:Well, than let's just say, I don't like them in just an envelope.
I wanna make sure they're reaching their destination intact.

But it doesn't matter as Stompie didn't want my Woodelfs.
So back to topic.
Das reicht Jungs. By the way, I'm still in the market for third edition wood elfs. It's just regash's ones needed stripping and I have little people running round so don't want nitromors around. I still need more linemen, throwers and catchers. I have loads to swap on this link: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42925

Separately, see my GW dwarfs in action against Willy chaos dwarfs at the ECCBL club. 1-1. More fun than it sounds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Stompie wrote:It's just regash's ones needed stripping and I have little people running round so don't want nitromors around.
Well, that issue could have been solved...
I always have alcohol for plastic and thinner for metal around, because I'm just an awful painter! :orc:

But now the Woodelfs are gone, sorry.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Regash wrote:
Stompie wrote:It's just regash's ones needed stripping and I have little people running round so don't want nitromors around.
Well, that issue could have been solved...
I always have alcohol for plastic and thinner for metal around, because I'm just an awful painter! :orc:

But now the Woodelfs are gone, sorry.
Glad they found a good home! Separately, I picked up a third edition chaos team for a few bits but like them so much I'll keep em all. This massive Minotaur was thrown in. No idea where it's from and it's borderline too big but I am holding out one day to get a strength six mini and seven on the blitz!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Slowish progress. Managed to do blood red and other base colours on two chaos warriors in an hour. May prefer these to the plastic conversions of beastmen based chaos team I have already done.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Touched up an old chaos dwarf blocker. Did some basic green stuffing to back of his head for plaits. Still have trouble painting silver. Also, for some reason the Matt varnish seems to leave behind small traces of white. Don't know if I put in too many drops of the Vallejo varnish.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Back of the dwarf's head. Also the warmachine stuff that's been keeping off BB over last couple of months.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Totally flummoxed by what my local league is deciding to do about the new GW BB and what that means for my painting choices but hey, Nurgle seems a safe bet and this Hungry Troll mini is a real pleasure to paint. With everyone under three feet down ill over Xmas it is proving to be a slow and late night job.

If you click through its right way up. No idea why this happened.

gumbi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gumbi »

Nice work Stompie, your teams always look great. Well done getting consistent progress!

I have had a productive Christmas break painting too! Finally "finished" my Slaanesh daemons for AoS / KoW / 40k (though might paint another 7 daemonettes after some BB projects to get them AoS ready) that have been an epic journey for the last year. I think it will be my last big army for a while given I dont play the games!

I have also touched up my classic GW chaos team to make the highlights stand out a little more at the pub, now re-detailing my Norse as their colour scheme is a bit naff.

Will get some pics up soon-ish in the painting thread but most of my stuff is here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/92978626@N06/

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

gumbi wrote:Nice work Stompie, your teams always look great. Well done getting consistent progress!

I have had a productive Christmas break painting too! Finally "finished" my Slaanesh daemons for AoS / KoW / 40k (though might paint another 7 daemonettes after some BB projects to get them AoS ready) that have been an epic journey for the last year. I think it will be my last big army for a while given I dont play the games
I am in awe that you have managed to pull that whole Slanneeshi army together on top of everything else you have on. They look brilliantly coherent and high quality. I have an Orc and goblin army from seventh edition just sitting in a garage. Blood bowl teams are at least achievable at one a year. And I've now got a Kickstarter backlog to keep me going till I probably part this world...

We never play and we need to do something about that. I'm up for this open ladder league on new rules. I'm happy to play one of your established teams.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I finally pulled together a third edition wood elf team but found them a little too plain and samey. So I thought I'd experiment with scenic bases. I mean there must be tree trunks littered around a wood elf pitch right?

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

And I have had this Willy miniatures Jordell model for many years and he is an absolute giant compared to the other wood elves. Does anyone think he looks plausible. I mean if they were human a "man mountain" would be acceptable. I'm five seven and everyone at work is at least two heads taller than me.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Slowly getting there. About five hours' work done in about five sessions late at night. Unfortunately my water effect has dried up after a year of no use, so cannot make the guts slimey. Also am told they should be pink and not white but hey. This is a fantastic model. Paints itself. Only thought is he looks like an ingenious Lord of evil and not someone who suffers from really stupid

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

My death-roller rumbles through the ranks of some underworld killer can openers to a score...