How to cheat at Tabletop

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: How to cheat at Tabletop

Post by rolo »

hissa-lives wrote:
rolo wrote: I also share if someone asks.
Had a bad experiance with that recently, huffing out his nose onto his fingers every time he was going to roll a dice. Yes thanks, I'll stop using those dice now until I've had chance to give them a good scrub in boiling hot water
Ug. That wasn't me!

Alternative: Eat cheetos during the tournament:
"Hey brah, can I borrow your rulebook real quick?"

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

rolo wrote:
hissa-lives wrote:
rolo wrote: I also share if someone asks.
Had a bad experiance with that recently, huffing out his nose onto his fingers every time he was going to roll a dice. Yes thanks, I'll stop using those dice now until I've had chance to give them a good scrub in boiling hot water
Ug. That wasn't me!

Alternative: Eat cheetos during the tournament:
"Hey brah, can I borrow your rulebook real quick?"
No it was in a league game, and as for the cheetos... hell no! use your own dice you dirty *&%$*"

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

hissa-lives wrote:No it was in a league game, and as for the cheetos... hell no! use your own dice you dirty *&%$*"
You know that dude also wipes that crap all over your figures whenever he knocks someone down.

hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

rolo wrote:
hissa-lives wrote:No it was in a league game, and as for the cheetos... hell no! use your own dice you dirty *&%$*"
You know that dude also wipes that crap all over your figures whenever he knocks someone down.
oh no... I'll do that for him! I'm there while he's rolling the dice even :wink:

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Have a big pile of dice next to the board, from which you randomly grab a die or 2, whenever you need to make a roll.
For a select few crucial rolls in the game - just a few - "randomly" pick your "special" dice.

Also - if your opponent doesn't have a rulebook, ask him a tricky rules qurestion after his turn has ended.
While he goes to get a rulebook, move a player 2 into a slightly more favourable position.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

1) Play slowly until you have to make 30 second turns to finish the game on time. Then throw in a new skill rule that neither of you knows how to use.....so make up your own favourable rule with no time to clarify with a referee.

I apologise to Touchdown for my unintentional cheating last week, fortunately, if I remember the rolls correctly, it would have still been the same.

2) Pretend to be a bumbling idiot.....you can get away with anything. I believe this is taught on the first day at politics school

sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

reroll the bribe...oh well i had my revance
change your skills in the roster because you are pretending to be stupid so your mummy gets block instead of guard just to see if it works, and then "forget' to change it back. retire the team.

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Have D6 with symbols on the 6's. With a few symbols on the 1's. Roll your dice and state that the symbols are on the 6's.

It is only cheating when you get caught!!

Never done it, but have seen it done.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

The default skill roll in OBBLM is 0,0 - that's a doubles! Just "forget" to enter whatever you actually rolled any time you need a doubles skill.

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Be hugely confidant in your knowledge of complicated skills, making sure to bend them juuust enough that you'll get away with it.

"Pass Block works for Hand Offs, definitely."
"You can reroll Stab, it's a skill after all!"
"I can definitely Hypnogaze from the ground." :evil:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Trumpkin wrote: "I can definitely Hypnogaze from the ground." :evil:
This one you can do.
Picture this, my Vampire is prone next to an opponent, I declare a move action but don't stand up, I can still hypno my opponent http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 24&t=41144

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

lunchmoney wrote:
Trumpkin wrote: "I can definitely Hypnogaze from the ground." :evil:
This one you can do.
Picture this, my Vampire is prone next to an opponent, I declare a move action but don't stand up, I can still hypno my opponent http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 24&t=41144
Thanks for the tip!
I am starting to play vampires so I don't know what the advantages can be but for one you can deny a free block.

On topic:
Use a dice cup, look slightly before unveiling the roll so you can just in time bodge the dice. This is best done while asking your opponent a rule clarification.

Bring a very beautiful woman with revealing clothes.
Have her casually pick up mini's to adore them and complement the opponent his painting skills. Then put them back in a more favourable state : prone or stunned.
This best combined with her flirting with the opponent.
^_^
This is fun

sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

El_Jairo wrote: Bring a very beautiful woman with revealing clothes.
Have her casually pick up mini's to adore them and complement the opponent his painting skills. Then put them back in a more favourable state : prone or stunned.
This best combined with her flirting with the opponent.
^_^
This is fun
i have seen this (bring woman with looks and lack of clothing) being done. i have to say, i was looking too...

other cheats: offering to get a beer for your opponant but getting a soda yourself... friendly AND devious in one go, and yes i accept ;-)

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

sirsebstar wrote: other cheats: offering to get a beer for your opponant but getting a soda yourself... friendly AND devious in one go, and yes i accept ;-)
I had a variant used against me.
I was asked if I wanted yet another crazy strong beer. "gulden draak" I refused and asked a lager instead.
Of course I was brought the crazy beer and the accompanying effect
;-)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

I defend against this brilliant tactic by always playing Blood Bowl drunk; that way I can't lose skill if someone slips me an extra beer!!