Bugman's Full Beard - GW, Nottingham, Nov 26-27

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Bugman's Full Beard - GW, Nottingham, Nov 26-27

Post by sann0638 »

Nothing to do with me, but here for completeness and chat: http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.co ... beard-cup/

£60, includes food, 5 games, 1300k to build your team, and it's a Swiss traditional scoring tournament. Tickets available from Sept 5th.

Unlikely to attend after Eurobowl and Pick N Mix, but a lottery win, divorce and babysitting voucher might change that...

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Bugman's Full Beard - GW, Nottingham, Nov 26-27

Post by lunchmoney »

£60!!!!!

NAF ranked? Or are they snubbing us again?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

No 3 teams, so no NAF ranked.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Cool, nice to see GW "drive"up support for the game before the big release. I'd love to go but not sure I can afford to or get a pass. It is on a free weekend though...

Where did people stay at the last Bugmas?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

lunchmoney wrote:£60!!!!!
I think it's a fair price. That'll probably include 3 hot meals. NAF is 50 and only includes 2 sandwich bags.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Price is fair, they do indeed feed you well.
The league weekend was fun, proper scoring will make it more so. We'll go if we can arrange a dog sitter.

Pure guesswork here, I honestly haven't heard a release date...
But I suspect this will be the release weekend because GW always release Christmas stuff at the end of November and keep the releases to a minimum during December. And any big releases for AoS and 40k will be in September and October.
I might be wrong, but this is the weekend I have had in mind since I heard it was going to be out for Christmas, based on nothing more than having worked there and familiarity with the release patterns.

Guess we'll see.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Barney the Lurker wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:£60!!!!!
I think it's a fair price. That'll probably include 3 hot meals. NAF is 50 and only includes 2 sandwich bags.
Not wanting to get into that discussion again, but I also think NAFC is expensive.
And the description following that link says two meals, not three, and no guarantee to be hot meals. Though I concede from experience at WW that they very likely will be hot meals.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

JT-Y wrote: Pure guesswork here, I honestly haven't heard a release date...
But I suspect this will be the release weekend
This was my first thought. The last tournament didn't seem long ago so it seems a new tournament would be to promote something - box release seems likely

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

JT-Y wrote:Price is fair, they do indeed feed you well.
Hm. Surely you're basing that on more than a couple of lasagne and chips (I seem to remember having that a few times at WW)?

When I read that this or that tournament is not good value or is too expensive, I am the first one to grind my teeth and compose posts that I think better of and delete before submitting, vowing to sit on my hands and not argue with the Internet. But in this case when I read £60, I must confess, I did do a proper Scooby Doo double take. Perhaps because I'm unfamiliar with the standard cost of WW events these days.

£60 is fair in that I suspect the weekend will sell out in double quick time. I think there are likely a large number of GW nerds / newer or lapsed coaches that place a high value on playing in WW because of the history of what it is, and the seminar is something a bit special for devoted fans. But speaking as a BB only nerd who has never really been into GW as a general thing, I'm finding it a tough sell, considering I don't read I'll be getting any cool bits, I won't be playing NAF Blood Bowl, the ruleset is a bit funky and, well, sixty squids?

I like WW as a venue, and I have no doubt if I go to this I'll really enjoy it (and I am considering it anyway). They're doing the right thing by selling tickets at a high price people will pay for, tick in the box for good business. But I do think it's probably fair enough that those of us that know their competition (i.e. BB tournaments) do a bit of a plumber teeth suck at the ticket price. It does seem top end to me.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

The last tournament there was £50.

What has changed to make it suddenly £10 more expensive? The meals and number of games looks the same. I enjoyed it at Bugman's XXXXXX but £60 feels like a lot compared to a lot off other events.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Bugman's was originally £55, then there was a surprise drop.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

You should come Phil. There are a lot of people I'd like to see there. There are a lot of people who habitually attend the type of tourney Warhammer World don't run whom they - they being the people who run the venue and create the events and are actually almost completely autonomous from the guys in the studios - would benefit from meeting.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

frogboy wrote:Where did people stay at the last Bugmas?
There's loads of places in Nottingham, but the Holiday Inn and Premier Inn on the Castle Marina are as close as you can get, though probably just too far to be called walking distance. And right next door to each other.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

JT-Y wrote:
frogboy wrote:Where did people stay at the last Bugmas?
There's loads of places in Nottingham, but the Holiday Inn and Premier Inn on the Castle Marina are as close as you can get, though probably just too far to be called walking distance. And right next door to each other.
Thanks buddy, I may of persuaded the boss to go on a family weekend to Nottingham so might be going anyway and staying with friends now but thanks again for the info.

Haven't even read the rules pack...

Are there any crazy star player available?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Going "Full Beard" so this will be the major game changer. Sounds like there going to make blood bowl into a cross between collecting them football stickers and what I imagine Magic the gathering is like (no idea really).

Wow loads of prizes, almost as good value as Foul Bowl, check it out and not the only similarity to Wales only other 1 Day event.

I'm not proof reading their tournament pack for them though but I did notice at least one mistake in the Star Player list, a little beardy for noticing maybe. That's a clue. Free golden handshake at Foul Bowl 2 answers on a postcard, usual address. Wow this is going to blow up!