Post by Twelfman »

J_Bone wrote:Is he mental?
Do you really need to ask that?

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Anything But a One! Podcast

Post by sann0638 »

Not true to the best of my knowledge. Needs a disclaimer at the beginning of the episode :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Not far into the podcast but it's an interesting listen so far to hear how other people see goblins :)

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Itchen Masack wrote:Not far into the podcast but it's an interesting listen so far to hear how other people see goblins :)
Us goblin plebs!

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

That isn't what I meant, honest! Some good ideas from what I heard so far, give me things to think about if I am to go back to the little peckers.

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

I know, just joshing. I'd be interested if you have any insights though, or if you could tell us if we were talking out of our posteriers!

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Quickly off the top of my head:

You were talking about Double Choices on goblins. Believe Glow said always Block, you questioned Sure Hands or Wrestle. Block is good obviously, but I always take sure hands for the first double. You can do stuff and it's ok to use the team rr before trying to pick up the ball. Not picking up the ball is deadly for stunty.

And wrestle is awesome. Goblins struggle to get the ball loose, but they can dodge anywhere with luck. Not too difficult sometimes to get 1 assist in and wrestle the ball loose. Opposing ball carriers will often have block/blodge so wrestle to me seems the only real hope.

And trolls? Trolls are THE BEST big guy. 110k and you can have 2 of the beautiful things :D

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Trees. Trees are better

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Itchen Masack wrote:And trolls? Trolls are THE BEST big guy. 110k and you can have 2 of the beautiful things :D
Trolls are literally the worst big guys, they have the worst negtraits and those negtraits make their involvement in games patchy at best.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

J_Bone wrote:What is Glow talking about with the intercepts on FUMBBL on here? Is that true? Is he mental? Are these two things mutually exclusive?
image.png
Jeez, let's get this out there, I love FUMBBL, but the client is not perfect, good but not perfect, as shown on the Troll bonehead debate.

However, I was told ( cannot remember by whom, so I guess I'll be blamed for it) that the client IRRESPECTIVE of what the log reads treats INTECEPTIONS as catch rolls, so 4+ for AG3 players as opposed to 6+ And I have to say that judging by the number of interceptions I have suffered and benefitted from on there I am inclined to believe it. No, I have no solid evidence, I cannot pick apart the code to show you, just my experience. If it bothers you:

A. Cry and kick about big bad Glowworm and his requirement of a "disclaimer" (like we are going to court over this.....)

B. Take a big drink from your cup of "Man up" and ignore the statement, enjoy your FUMBBL experience ( as I do) and if you suffer an interception accept that your opponent was always going to roll that "6"

Are we good now??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

The disclaimer was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but those pictures say to me that if you roll 6s then interceptions happen, nothing else?

I'm only defending the client because it's developed voluntarily by people and is 99.whatever % correct, and this is not one of those times when it is not correct.

So no big deal, but one of those things that probably shouldn't be repeated without proof as then people believe it (see also: the RNG is broken...)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Just got to the bit where Glow talks about giving the ball to the Hail Mary Bomber. Have had this done against me so can confirm it has worked :) Goblin-Goblin match and we had killed both the opponents trolls in the first half. 2nd half the Bomber sat back when all the goblins dodged through to my endzone. One of the peckers caught the ball as well and we drew 1-1. Swine :D

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

It's been exactly a year today that us weirdos at Anything But A One Podcast broadcast our first episode. Since then we've published twenty five separate episodes which played back to back lasts over two solid days, for which we can only apologise. We've had guest appearences from the NAF head honcho, other Podcasters, we've played numerous rounds of Bloodblusters. We've had special dice made, special trophies created for Tournaments, FUMBBL tournaments commissioned.

But most of all, we've had an amazing time doing our little bit to get involved in the Blood Bowl community. So, thank you to all of our listeners, especially those that write in to let us know when we get things wrong. Thank you to my fellow (read: rival) Podcasts out there for welcoming us into their dark and murky world, and thank you to everyone out there for giving us the oppurtunity to hopefully provide a bit of off-the-wall Blood Bowl themed entertainment for these last three-hundred-and-sixty-five days.

As a special thank you, we've spent the day filming (as in with a video camera, not just olde timey audio doohickies) ourselves playing a full game of Dungeon Bowl. I'm in the process of editing it now, and it'll be uploaded and shared with everyone as soon as it's ready. As a little teaser here are the teams that Nightwing, Merrick and I each used.

Here's to another year, and another, and another!
-The Anything But A One Podcast Team

https://anythingbuta1podcast.wordpress.com/

Nightwing's Team
Merrick's Team
Trumpkin's Team

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Listen as the podcast enters whole new hitherto untold depths of, er, something, as two new cast members join the team! Welcome Knightly and Nazgob!

We're talking mostly about Exebowl III this time. We're also going into our detailed opinions of the new Blood Bowl boxset that's apparently coming out or something?

We also for some reason talk about Sharpe, Tesco and Ciaphus Cain, Hero of the Imperium. Ah, and Bloodblusters!

ImageImageFind it here!ImageImage

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

This week we're embracing our inner scunge and discussing the Nurgle's Rotters team, so get your hot lemon and hankies, it's time to get plaguey!

We're also talking Nurgle-centric skills, so Tentacles, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence and Nurgle's Rot. There's time for some Lewdgrip Whiparm love, and we even squeeze Bilerot Vomitflesh in there.

We take another look at the box set, now we've seen it in person, and, ahem, rationally discuss the Weeping Blades rule. Lastly, we round up with a game of Bloodblusters, this time hosted by Nazgob.

What could go wrong?

ImageImageFind it here!ImageImage