ARBBL Pick'n'Mix 2016, 5th/6th Nov, Andover, Hants

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: ARBBL Pick'n'Mix 2016, 5th/6th Nov, Andover, Hants

Post by sann0638 »

Congrats ceetee! I played 4 stunty teams too, but didn't manage to capitalise (pesky Zara...). 4 wins, 2 draws, 1 touchdown conceded, and a decent win over orcs. Will be interesting to see what it does to my two sub-150 NAF rankings.

Good work Simon.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Thanks for a great time.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Will post results later as well as sending the Score file to Sann to see if his upload plan works (rather than manually entering it).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Another awesome weekend, thanks to all, especially the organisors + reserve team. Do so love the Pick n Mix, and not just because we won :p There seems to be a much more interesting spread of races than the usual, and gave me a chance to play Chorfs for just 3 games. Man I dislike chorfs! :P

All of my opponents played in the best of spirits (even Heff when his team evapourated!) and this for me is what BB is all about. Bring on next time...no dipping out Darkson!

Eski
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Eski »

Thanks to all.. Great weekend.. Especially the heckling.. Much entertainment throwing bombs, stabbing side steps and fouling dwarfs on - 1 for the kill! .. Literally everything and the kitchen sink, but never mind!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk
Look Up Bristol Vanguards Gert Bowl Tournment near end of July 2012
"MB and Piling On! Rerolls need not apply!"
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

+1 to what they said!!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Winners (and Losers!):

Team awards:

Team Winners: Team [Name to be Decided] - ceetee, Itchen and Danny Jnr. (Sillysod)

Team Runner Up: Team Forgotten - Besters, Hawk and scs.sam

Team Spoon: Team ARBBL - Skaffen, Hazelnutsoup and JoeAllen

Team [Name to be Decided] would also have won the Team TD AND Team Cas awards, so worthy winners indeed.

Individual awards:

Winner: ceetee

Runner Up: Sillysod

Most TDs: Landrover

Most Cas: ciician

Best Stunty: Itchen (yawn! ;) )

Wooden Spoon: Dementor

Other stuff:

Spot prizes:
First Self inflicted death: Heff
Double Skulls/reroll/Double Skulls or Triple skulls: YogiBedlumBear
Twin prize - First block that ends with both players being KO'd or injured: Tempest & ceetee
Failed "white line" GFI to score: Dreamscreator
Failed pass to Endzone to score (TTM counts): Enderman
First interception: AGingerGoblin
Injuring a Star Players or ST5+ player: Wobert
Scoring with a ST5+ player: Wishwellingtons

And finally:

Worse Dad of the Day award: sann0638 - for letting Enderman get all excited about potentially stopping being scored on, then pointing out Juggs doesn't work on a block earlier in the turn, when no-one else had noticed. ;)

Will get full placings up shortly.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Darkson wrote: Best Stunty: Itchen (yawn! ;) )
Oi! I've never played Ogre before :P

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Final team scores:

Final individual scores:

Most TDs:

Most Cas:

And standings if the two races weren't added together:

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

I had a great weekend. Many thanks to team mates Wobert and Cornish, to Darkson and the admin team, and of course to all my opponents. Congrats Ceetee on the win. Thanks also to Knightly for showing considerable restraint and good humour as his Amazons gifted me a victory with consistently bad dice during our Round 5 match up!!

canteloup
Veteran
Veteran

Post by canteloup »

What a a wonderful weekend of blood bowl with team Cider! I thoroughly enjoyed myself even though I only won one game, letting my team down terribly. We all agreed we were there for the fun, not the win though but Dan did really well (most touchdowns) congratulations to him and a big thank you for his his superb captaining skills.

Thank you to all my appointments for some great blood bowl games, I laughed my way through all of them apart from my first vs Fern where my rat ogre failed everything he did and helped her to achieve a crushing victory (I got so annoyed at it I benched him for the last few turns!). Fern's new trousers were the highlight of the weekend, I havn't seen flares that huge since I was 9 years old, classic.

Lastly, I want to add my appreciation for Darkson and Moodygit for another great tournament and for ensuring the venue was nice and warm all weekend as they know my old, crippled body can't take the cold. Cheers guys.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Upload done and button pressed - I did it in the quickest way I could find, which means that the race listed next to the tournament is the Sunday's race, rather than saying "multiple races". This doesn't affect anything to do with rankings etc, so hope it's OK with everyone!

My Vamps are above 150 now, but pesky Hawk and Zara mean that my pro elves are 0.04 below! Boo!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
yogi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by yogi »

hi

just looked at my naf rankings and my game 3 info was wrong. the race listed in that game is ogres when i played sann should be halflings.
cheers

yogi

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Gotcha, adjusted. Pesky manual entries.

Takes my elf ranking to 149.99!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Ok finally get online - Many thanks to Darkson and my impromptu Cheer leaders against Eski - just added to a crazy match, thanks to all my opponents for 6 great games, and my team mates for the laughs in between,

Many thanks also to Itchen for lending me an orc team that obviously wanted to impress their owner by doing no wrong in the game against him
although he got his own back by easily beating me into second place for the stunty cup damn him :D

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"