Re-Drafting at season end

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Re-Drafting at season end

Post by Bakunin »

Can somenoe explain the re-drafting rules. Do you keep your Rerolls?

Reason: ''
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Re-Drafting at season end

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Re-rolls do not carry over.

The only thing that carries over is Fan Factor.

Overwise you get 1,000,000 gold + your ending Treasury + bonuses from 3 events in Raising Funds.

This total you can use to purchase a new team as well as buy old players from your previous season's roster at their Team Value.

It really is pretty straight forward and a mechanic I'm interested to see in action.

My biggest issue I had when discussing with JJ for CRP what that players should not be forced to retire ... this system makes you make those decisions which is how I think it should work so a thumbs up from me that there is no forced retirement with this new system.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Unless you can go to negative treasury I'm against it as it's still a "forced" retirement if you can't afford to buy them.
But then I won't be playing in (read: running) a league that uses them, so "meh".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

With the new mvp rule, everything will be every min/max, but I dont see how you would ever play a team like dark elfs.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:Unless you can go to negative treasury I'm against it as it's still a "forced" retirement if you can't afford to buy them.
2 things make it not "forced" as I define it.
1) I can save some money to buy the players I want
2) I get to pick who I buy.

My problem with forced is when random luck did it for you ... that is not the driver here so I'm okay.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Bakunin wrote:With the new mvp rule, everything will be every min/max
I haven't seen this in action yet but one thing is for sure:
Minmaxing your players might make it hard for you to carry them over to next season.
Maybe not the worst idea.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Question when rebuying a team

How many games is it based on? 10, 12 or 20

If you play 7-10 games you wont get your team back in season 3

So I want to know what its based on.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

It's based on when YOUR season ends, there's no hard or fast rule on the length of a season. They've never published anything more than guidelines on how to run "your" season, as they know that different groups need to run differently (some like scheduled, some don't; some want short, sharp seasons, some like 6 months or more).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
stashman

Post by stashman »

Try to redraft this team with current rules, based on last season Dungeonbowl

http://mafoc.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp?p=tm&t=top

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

stashman wrote:Question when rebuying a team

How many games is it based on? 10, 12 or 20

If you play 7-10 games you wont get your team back in season 3

So I want to know what its based on.
The League guidelines in DeathZone suggest between 4 and 8 teams to a division and playing each other team twice. Add in play-offs or a couple of exhibition matches and you're looking at 8-16 matches in a 'standard' season I guess.
So take that as an average of 12 matches, using data from my league teams have an average of 2.8 TDs and CAS per match, you're looking at 25k per match (10k + 3 x 5k) for a total of 300k. Average treasury in our league is 185k, with the caveat that this would likely be lower under re-drafting rules but also most of our teams only run a few seasons so there's no huge treasuries being amassed.
So with these back of the envelope calculations, I guess you'd be looking at an average re-draft budget of 1485k. That sounds fairly reasonable to me. It'll cut the 2000TV monsters every season while still allowing the core and favourite players to remain.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Vanguard wrote: So with these back of the envelope calculations, I guess you'd be looking at an average re-draft budget of 1485k. That sounds fairly reasonable to me. It'll cut the 2000TV monsters every season while still allowing the core and favourite players to remain.
That's not counting Expensive Mistakes, though. I'd allow a house rule to let Coaches "stash" money away for the end of the season -- it means it couldn't be lost to expensive mistakes, but would allow advanced teams to prepare for the rebuying phase.

Milo

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Milo wrote:
Vanguard wrote: So with these back of the envelope calculations, I guess you'd be looking at an average re-draft budget of 1485k. That sounds fairly reasonable to me. It'll cut the 2000TV monsters every season while still allowing the core and favourite players to remain.
That's not counting Expensive Mistakes, though. I'd allow a house rule to let Coaches "stash" money away for the end of the season -- it means it couldn't be lost to expensive mistakes, but would allow advanced teams to prepare for the rebuying phase.
I don't think I agree with that.

Expensive Mistakes does not even kick in until you are 100,000 and even then it is 2/3rd chance not to lose any funds. So there is a protected "stash" of money already.

In all seriousness ... I love Expensive Mistakes and wished we had come up with it back in 2007. It deals with what was tried to be done with the Bank and Spiraling Expenses but it does it better and with less effort. I'm impressed with its function.

It might need tweaked ... like up to 190,000 only a 1 causes Minor Incident ... but that will come with more playtesting. On the surface ... given what I know we were trying to do with CRP ... this was a better solution.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

The point of the entire sistem is that the redraft should force coaches to make some hard choices.

Allowing a house rule to let Coaches "stash" money away, is one sure way to break the system and make one horrible mess....

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Rolex wrote:The point of the entire system is that the redraft should force coaches to make some hard choices.

Allowing a house rule to let Coaches "stash" money away, is one sure way to break the system and make one horrible mess....
I see your point. I plan to run some numbers on past teams of mine and see what it would have resulted in. On the other hand, stashing money for the offseason would make it unavailable to you for the current season.

My point was that leagues and commissioners who DON'T want this can easily tweak the format to suit themselves. They provided a framework, but it doesn't need to be adhered to rigidly by the various different leagues.

Milo

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I'll have to re-read the drafting rules. On first read I didn't think you could use Cash from Treasury - just the "magic rebuy cash"...
Are you sure Treasury Cash is allowed?

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead