Pay it Forward - Post your interest for Skaven Dice

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Pay it Forward - Post your interest for Skaven Dice

Post by Wifflebat »

In celebration of the Holidays, the new Blood Bowl release, and TFF, I'd like to try something.

I'm going to give away my (opened but unplayed) Skaven dice to a fellow Blood Bowl Fan (henceforth refeered to as BBF). I will ship them worldwide, at my expense, to a fellow BBF. That BBF will "pay it forward" by sending a Blood Bowl related item to a different BBF, who will send an item to another BBF and so on, and so on.

Here are some tentative rules I'm thinking of--subject to revision or amendment at the suggestion of the community.
  • 1) To prevent sock puppets or other duplicity, this will only be open to members who have registered and posted on the forums prior to Monday, Nov 28, 2016.
    2) I will offer an initial item (the Skaven Dice). Interested parties should post denoting their interest and indicating an item that they would offer to another BBF. Please make the item as nice as possible. If the item is too large to ship for free, please indicate that in your post.
    3) A selection will be made from the interested BBFs.
    4) The item will be sent.
    5) Upon receipt of the item, the winning BBF will conduct a similar posting/selection/delivery of their item, upon receipt of which the cycle will repeat again.

Questions, clarifications, and points of discussion:
  • Is this even allowed by the forum?
  • I will not participate in the Pay It Forward chain except as the initial giver. It is not my intention to gain anything from this.
  • The giveaway will be based upon the honor system. If a member of the community proves unworthy, so be it. Perhaps someone will step in to restart the chain in such a case. Trust one another, but don't give away anything you're not comfortable giving. Don't request an item just to put it on eBay. Obey Wheaton's Law.
  • Regarding #3 above: Should the selection be made at random, by the giver's estimation of the most generous/desirable subsequent offering, or by a vote of the community on offerings? Voting would be time-consuming but the most fun/fair. If the selection is random, should it be done by a third party?
  • Is this a dumb idea? It's not something we've seen on TFF before. If it's not the community's cup of tea, I'll just sell the things. :D
Thoughts and ideas are welcome. Please don't signal interest or offer items until we've had some discussion, and approval from a moderator!

Reason: ''
I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Pay it Forward - Skaven Dice Giveaway!

Post by frogboy »

Great idea,

I've done couple of secret santas and legacy teams online which is always fun.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: Pay it Forward - Skaven Dice Giveaway!

Post by voyagers_uk »

One of the admins may say differently, but as long as all involved are adults about this I see no issue with it at all.

nice idea WB

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Pay it Forward - Post your interest!

Post by Wifflebat »

Very well, then! Please post your interest if you'd like some Skaven dice, and have an item that you'd like to give away—it could be an old mini, the transfer sheet you're not using from BB16, some old Blood Bowl magazines, or anything you think people would like. On Friday, I'll put up a poll with each offered item, and send the winner the dice.

Enter! You may be the only one, but my hope is that this will grow into something fun...

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Pay it Forward - Post your interest for Skaven Dice

Post by birdman37 »

OK, I'll put my hand up as interested.

In return, I have a spare set of custom Armour and Injury dice that I had made recently.

The blue dice are rolled for armour, with the 6 being a cracked helmet, and the reds are rolled with gleeful abandon after that, with the 6 being a cracked skull!

I'm over in Oz, so apologies about the shipping if I win, but I'll happily swallow the same set of postage fees in return.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Well, Birdman, I guess you're it! PM me your address, and I'll send you the Skaven dice!

Given the lack of activity, I will not consider you obligated to continue this experiment here. Pay it forward however you see fit, in your local community or elsewhere.

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

Woo-hoo! Many thanks, PM sent.

They'll make an excellent Christmas present for my boy - he's taken a shine to Skaven, so he'll be chuffed when he sees them.

So, would anyone like the armour and injury dice advertised above?

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

birdman37 wrote:OK, I'll put my hand up as interested.

In return, I have a spare set of custom Armour and Injury dice that I had made recently.

The blue dice are rolled for armour, with the 6 being a cracked helmet, and the reds are rolled with gleeful abandon after that, with the 6 being a cracked skull!

I'm over in Oz, so apologies about the shipping if I win, but I'll happily swallow the same set of postage fees in return.
Those are badass.

Have fun!
birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

Wifflebat's Skaven dice arrived today, and my son now has a little bundle of warpstone-themed randomness wrapped up and awaiting him at Christmas time.

I'm really keen to pay forward my end of the deal, so how about this: anyone who would like to go in the draw to be sent the custom armour/injury dice pictured above (for FREE, I will pay postage to your address/country), just post here in this thread. No strings attached, no need to offer anything in return, and I don't care how exorbitantly distant you are from Australia, just put your hand up and you're in the draw.

I'll let this run for a couple of days, then randomly select the winner from the interested parties.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Yes please! :)

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Also yes please! :D

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

I dug up another set, so you both win!

JaM and nightwing, please check your PMs.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Thanks! Looking forward to these.

Can you include your adress as well? I'd like to send something back :)

Kemimutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kemimutt »

JaM wrote:Thanks! Looking forward to these.

Can you include your adress as well? I'd like to send something back :)
You have missed the point. He has gotten skaven dice, you should send something to another person.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'm not missing anything. :D