Blood Bowl 2016 - the full list of changes

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Blood Bowl - the full list of changes

Post by CyberedElf »

dode74 wrote:d6 would have been better, imo. d3 is a little too targeted.
This was my first thought, but I am curious to see how it plays out with the re-drafting. I'll give it some time before I make a firm opinion.

I did have one other idea that addresses some of the mentioned pros/cons of D3. The MVP is randomly given to a player that earned SSP during the game (or completely random if no SPP earned). New teams are almost guaranteed to get a skill after game one and very probable after game two. It makes more fluff sense. (The MVP didn't sit on the bench all game.) Still random enough to get interesting stories.

Reason: ''
Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

CyberedElf wrote:
dode74 wrote:d6 would have been better, imo. d3 is a little too targeted.
This was my first thought, but I am curious to see how it plays out with the re-drafting. I'll give it some time before I make a firm opinion.

I did have one other idea that addresses some of the mentioned pros/cons of D3. The MVP is randomly given to a player that earned SSP during the game (or completely random if no SPP earned). New teams are almost guaranteed to get a skill after game one and very probable after game two. It makes more fluff sense. (The MVP didn't sit on the bench all game.) Still random enough to get interesting stories.
I had this same thought...not sure if we discussed it or came to it independently, but the idea that a player had to have done *something* during the game to deserve the MVP is an interesting idea to me. Even though I sometimes want that 0/6 linemen to get MVP so that I can try for a completion in the next game, it's always been a bit strange to me that someone that never saw the field could get MVP. Guess they just cheered really hard.

Anyway, my Norse will be picking the Yhetee and the Ulfwerners as MVPs every game if I get to pick 3, most likely.

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

Djay wrote:I had this same thought...not sure if we discussed it or came to it independently, but the idea that a player had to have done *something* during the game to deserve the MVP is an interesting idea to me. Even though I sometimes want that 0/6 linemen to get MVP so that I can try for a completion in the next game, it's always been a bit strange to me that someone that never saw the field could get MVP. Guess they just cheered really hard.

Anyway, my Norse will be picking the Yhetee and the Ulfwerners as MVPs every game if I get to pick 3, most likely.
Boring!

One of my opponents was running a Norse team, and induced Boomer Eziasson one game. He sat around in the back field scratching his arse for the first four turns of the first drive, then the one time he actually threw a bomb, it was caught by my superstar Orc Thrower, who lobbed it straight back to him, and knocked him over. We then went on to score, and with no bribe to spare, off goes Boomer for the rest of the game. Guess who landed the MVP on the Norse team that game? Go on...

WhyNotPurple
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WhyNotPurple »

Can anybody confirm if the special play cards changed from the CRP?

I understand that they renamed the deck "Random Events" to "Miscellaneous Mayhem" and vice versa, but don't know if the cards in the decks changed.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Someone with access to the book needs to add the difference in the pre-match sequence, namely that it's possible to have unbalanced TVs at the start of the game.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

WhyNotPurple wrote:Can anybody confirm if the special play cards changed from the CRP?

I understand that they renamed the deck "Random Events" to "Miscellaneous Mayhem" and vice versa, but don't know if the cards in the decks changed.
Not had time to go through all 20 one by one ... but I was told that Bad Habits changed.

Another point I was told was that in the BB app ... the decks names are the same as in CRP ... not vice versa'd.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

DarthBLU wrote:Thanks for the compilation
+1

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Another point I was told was that in the BB app ... the decks names are the same as in CRP ... not vice versa'd.
Maybe just another printing f*ck-up noone realized yet?

hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

Was playing a match last night trying to use the new rules and it was a bit of a pain to have to reference so many different sources.

One question that came up though was about how Argue the call works with bribes. Do you reckon you have to choose whether to use a bribe(s) before using ATC? We decided that you did in the end as bribes talk about preventing a send-off whereas ATC is about what effect that send-off has. Interested to see if that's everyone's take on it.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I raised this on day 1 of the new rules with GW, and was told that you can do it in either order, and that it would be added to the FAQ.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

birdman37 wrote:
Djay wrote:I had this same thought...not sure if we discussed it or came to it independently, but the idea that a player had to have done *something* during the game to deserve the MVP is an interesting idea to me. Even though I sometimes want that 0/6 linemen to get MVP so that I can try for a completion in the next game, it's always been a bit strange to me that someone that never saw the field could get MVP. Guess they just cheered really hard.

Boring!

One of my opponents was running a Norse team, and induced Boomer Eziasson one game. He sat around in the back field scratching his arse for the first four turns of the first drive, then the one time he actually threw a bomb, it was caught by my superstar Orc Thrower, who lobbed it straight back to him, and knocked him over. We then went on to score, and with no bribe to spare, off goes Boomer for the rest of the game. Guess who landed the MVP on the Norse team that game? Go on...
I have to agree that you need this aspect in the game of Blood Bowl, Nuffle needs to have his fickle ways.
My way to implement this in our next league:
You can pick 4 players yourself which can get the MVP and your opponent chooses 1. Roll d6 on a 1 it's your opponents pick on 2-5 it's random one of the four you nominated and on a 6 the crowd follows your choice in appointing the MVP.

Blood Bowl needs that bitter-sweet touch of sarcasm and epic moments.
I you roll a dice there should be something to win AND lose, that way if you win, you will be glad and thankful to Nuffle.
Nuffle will not be pleased with these changes.

TomB
Rookie
Rookie

Blood Bowl - the full list of changes

Post by TomB »

El Jairo I like your suggestion. I also think d3 will make it too easy, for example I like my necromantic team, and never having an MVP going to a zombie would be great for making insane wolves and golems early on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullork12
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fullork12 »

Unless I missed something, it looks like they changed how many star player points you earn. They all only give one now. Or is there a chart in death zone I'm just not seeing.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Fullork,
same SPPs as in CRP.
See DZ page 21.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Geggster,
list on page 1 does not reflect that inducing stuff with Cash no longer adds to TV.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead