Foul Bowl 2 - Cardiff - 24th June 2017

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Foul Bowl 2 - Cardiff - 1st July 2017

Post by nightwing »

Wobert wrote:What a cheap marketing plot . . . offering dice to people that sign up this far in advance for a tournament . . . . what idiot is going to fall for that???

Oh . . . . I appear to have paid!
Shameless. Utterly shameless.

Oops, my finger slipped, and I accidentally seem to have paid too. :lol:

Reason: ''
Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks guys I really appreciate the advanced payment, if you want to make your ticket non-refundable then see me at a tournament and collect you dice early ;)

I will start looking for prize support next.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

First rule of Foul Bowl, always SPAM Foul Bowl...

So I'm pleased to announce that at Foul Bowl this coming yeah there will be an award for Best Painted Team.

Teams entered into this category must have been fully painted by the Coach and used in the Tournament. Also it must be a team that has not received an award at a previous NAF Ranked event. Winner will be Judged based, as the TO of Foul Bowl, completely on my own personal perception of what a good Paint Job is. I will be looking for that "Foul Factor" Bribes are always welcome but can be no guarantee of success.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

Paid - woop woop!

ct
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

ceetee wrote:Paid - woop woop!
Thanks buddy, I'll get the front page updated with your payment later :D

Gorgoroth
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gorgoroth »

Will definitely try and make this again was excellent fun this year :D

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Gorgoroth wrote:Will definitely try and make this again was excellent fun this year :D
Thanks buddy, added you to the interested list :orc:

Update
Recently I've been asking for feedback about the rule set as I didn't feel that it fully represented exactly what I was trying to achieve, I've taken some of that feed back on board. I still want this to be a competitive environment but have changed how the Bonus points work and some of the prizes to better reflect the theme. If anyone who has already paid would like a refund in light of the changes then please PM me and I will refund your payment. I realize that these changes may not be popular for everyone so please feel free to message me with constructive criticism or post up your appeals here on the thread, but hopefully people can see this is meant to be a fun event with emphasis on Fouling. If your scared of loosing NAF ranking points or that the NAF Trophy is being given away too cheaply then please bring a lower ranked team or attend and give it a go, everyone is welcome :)

Also I've updated the rules pack to reflect the new rule changes.

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Bonus Points!? What are you, insane?

Also, sign me up for interested :)

PS, what's the deal with cards?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks for your interest buddy will add you to the list soonest.

Bonus points will be used as the first tie breaker after winning - so in effect you have to win and foul to get the NAF trophy if that's what a coach wants.

For the honour of being the Foul Bowl Champion (and the best prize which goes with that) coaches will have to Foul like a boss.

This event is in the Summer when I'm expecting most of if not all of or at least enough cards to be available to work in conjunction with the rule set, if not then I will most likely allow use of the CRP cards (especially for the Dirty Tricks for goblins - this is because of the cost of the free bribe)

Thanks again for the interest, any other questions then please ask away, I'm happy to answer anything relating to the rules pack etc.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Foul Bowl now has a free website - https://foulbowl.wordpress.com/

Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Paid.
Which bunch of victims (I mean vicious fouling bastards) to bring - defending the spoon is not an option (but likely anyway :lol: )

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Angry Hobbit wrote:Paid.
Which bunch of victims (I mean vicious fouling bastards) to bring - defending the spoon is not an option (but likely anyway :lol: )
Nice one Angry Hobbit, bring them kicking boots :)

I'll stick you on the list once I get to my desktop

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Foul Bowl will be using the following document to determine rules for play published by the NAF:

http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/upload ... sFeb17.pdf

canteloup
Veteran
Veteran

Post by canteloup »

Add me to the list please, love the firestorm venue.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Updated list for the paid and interested, thanks :)