"Blitzmania", new GW...thing

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathrain
Experienced
Experienced

"Blitzmania", new GW...thing

Post by Deathrain »

Maybe people at Warhammer World already know more, but for now this thing is really vague:

GW just posted about a new thing called "Blitzmania": https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... re-brutal/ havinf something to do with league play. Some speculation what this could be would be league kits comissioners can order.

The text may suggest something different, though - a perpetual league hosted on a GW website. How that would work, how they would plan to deal with fake results and all that is beyond me. Maybe this isn't what they are planning at all. The text can be interpreted in that way, though.

"If they’re to be believed, mass corruption is almost guaranteed" for example would be a clear reference to the problems a format like that would have. We will see!

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: "Blitzmania", new GW...thing

Post by Regash »

Games Workshop wrote:Rumours of a new, ultra-violent league have been circulating for some time, and we can now confirm their legitimacy
Sounds to me more like a new way to run a league, maybe the ultra violence means reduced armor or something?
Maybe some "to the death" playstyle, that makes most CAS win instead of most TD?
Games Workshop wrote:It’s a league you’ll be able to take part in at loads of locations across the world, and all you’ll need to join in can be found in the boxed game – get one here, and stay posted for further updates.
This makes me think that there is nothing to purchase, maybe just a PDF to download?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Sounds like Foul Bowl viewtopic.php?f=59&t=43033 :D

Or maybe a campaign like they used to do with Warhammer?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Queek
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Queek »

I think it might have something to do with this I found by chance

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.c ... derleague/

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

One thing no one thought about, is that it might not even be related to the BB table top game. Remember that each boxed set came with a code for getting BBII at half price, so might be a GW sponsored on-line league with an emphasis on CAS. Just a thought.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Regash

Post by Regash »

@ Colin:
Well, I don't think so because all you need to join is in the boxed set, they wrote.
For the online BB2 from Cyanide, you'll need a PC or console, Steam account, money to buy the game, internet connection...

I may be wrong but most of that stuff wasn't in my boxed set! :orc:

@ Queek:
Well, since they used the same Graphic for both articles, it's very likely you found it.
So it's just a one day event with no entry fee and loads of prices being given away.
Good idea to get new coaches in touch with the community.

ManticoreRich
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ManticoreRich »

The way I read the rules pack it does NOT allow Teams of Legend PDF teams?....

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

It is not connected to the Mighty Blighty event. That is a one day event for new players. Yes that is limited to the 9 teams in DZ1, that's to keep it simple for newcomers. I'm going to that, as are a few other experienced players, and we expect to each play 3 games of basically teaching newcomers the rules.

This Blitzmania though, not sure yet but I think it's a worldwide league table for independent stores who wish to join in. Not unlike global WFB/AoS and 40k campaigns GW have done in the past.
I'll find ot more in due course.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
clotoro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clotoro »

JT-Y wrote:This Blitzmania though, not sure yet but I think it's a worldwide league table for independent stores who wish to join in. Not unlike global WFB/AoS and 40k campaigns GW have done in the past.
Gosh, I hope so. Those were an awful lot of fun, particularly Storm of Chaos. The shared sense of struggle and the narratives that developed around those campaigns were part of the reason I hung on playing Warhammer as long as I did.

Regash

Post by Regash »

ManticoreRich wrote:The way I read the rules pack it does NOT allow Teams of Legend PDF teams?....
Then you read at the same way as I do: Only ruklebook and expansion teams.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

clotoro wrote:
JT-Y wrote:This Blitzmania though, not sure yet but I think it's a worldwide league table for independent stores who wish to join in. Not unlike global WFB/AoS and 40k campaigns GW have done in the past.
Gosh, I hope so. Those were an awful lot of fun, particularly Storm of Chaos. The shared sense of struggle and the narratives that developed around those campaigns were part of the reason I hung on playing Warhammer as long as I did.
Yeah, but how does that work for a sports game? I enjoy global campaigns a great deal but don't see the angle for a BB version.

clotoro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clotoro »

Gaixo wrote:
clotoro wrote:
Yeah, but how does that work for a sports game? I enjoy global campaigns a great deal but don't see the angle for a BB version.
Even something as simple as games played by race impacting how the teams do in that year's fluff would be fun. If Orcs do well the Gouged Eye do well. If they want to get really excited they could shout out particularly good game reports in a round up of provincial leagues and include photos of well painted and converted teams in a weekly newsletter.

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Blitzmania - One Big League

Post by Babs »

Dang.

They stole my dwarf colour scheme - the Sub-Mariners:

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

I'll be interested to read details on Blitzmania. It sounds a bit like GW wants to take over organized play and record keeping.... the stuff NAF traditionally did.

Regash

Post by Regash »

I don't think so, Mike.
The NAF is keeping records for the tournament scene while Blitzmania seems to be a perpetual league.
It kind of sounded to me that each player can only have one team in Blitzmania.

What worries me more is that you have to get registered with GW to participate.