How to cheat at Tabletop

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Kafre es Ispurio
Experienced
Experienced

Re: How to cheat at Tabletop

Post by Kafre es Ispurio »

El_Jairo wrote:
sirsebstar wrote: other cheats: offering to get a beer for your opponant but getting a soda yourself... friendly AND devious in one go, and yes i accept ;-)
I had a variant used against me.
I was asked if I wanted yet another crazy strong beer. "gulden draak" I refused and asked a lager instead.
Of course I was brought the crazy beer and the accompanying effect
;-)
You can't refuse a Gulden Draak during a Blood Bowl match. It's against the rules, check your rulebook.

I will not call this one cheating but unsportsmanship behavior:

- Every time your opponent takes a die, a miniature or starts its turn, shout some form of phrase similar to "Illegal procedure!" like: "Illegal prooooooooooopellant!". This will break his/her concentration.

Reason: ''
spleggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by spleggy »

A thing I've seen done (to me). (I believe unintentionally though)

Bring a "dice tower" without a fenced in area around the base. Set it up to launch the dice sideways across the pitch at the players. Cause mayhem/confusion on positioning.

I think a couple of his players might have escaped TZs in this way but things were otherwise going so badly for my opponent that I don't think it altered the result in any significant way.

=====
spleggy
WYBBL head TO
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

As a dice tower user I am almost personally offended by this. Preventing dice from flying around is literally the reason I use a tower .. with a little dice catcher right under it!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, does seem to defeat the whole purpose of dice towers...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

I had an idea for best theme a few seasons ago and ran it by the commissioners just to be sure my 'cheating' was okay by BB standards.

I played Goblins and kept a blog. Throughout the season, I openly tried to sneak 13 or 14 players onto the pitch when setting up for a drive. There actually is no rule in BB against this, only setting up less than 11 if you have 11 ready to play. We decided the appropriate response if I got caught by my opponent before the drive began was a random roll off to have the ref eject my players one by one until I got down to eleven! Seemed fair since the refs throw you out for fouling or sneaking weapons onto the pitch.

Worked great all season. I got away with 14 once (still lost to Necro) and 13 several times (mostly losses as well) as well as getting caught several times by observant coaches (or coaches who had read my blog where the team bragged about cheating)! I did lose Best Theme to a coach whose entire theme was just making fun of my love of theme. No, I'm not kidding. :)

So cheating should be a part of Blood Bowl...as long as it's the right kind of cheating. :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

If a tournament or league has poorly worded rules about what is official and what is not ... ...

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

SunDevil wrote:I had an idea for best theme a few seasons ago and ran it by the commissioners just to be sure my 'cheating' was okay by BB standards.

I played Goblins and kept a blog. Throughout the season, I openly tried to sneak 13 or 14 players onto the pitch when setting up for a drive. (...)

So cheating should be a part of Blood Bowl...as long as it's the right kind of cheating. :)
This is brilliant!! Also the penalty of expelling the players. This is the spirit of blood bowl, but good that you cleared that up with the Comish before. How did the opponents reacted? Did you inform them at the end of the game that you played with extra players?

Kick off return was my idea :)
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6355&p=174621#p174621