Goblin Guild Chaos Pact

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Goblin Guild Chaos Pact

Post by Wifflebat »

Well, they haven't pimped it here yet, but Goblin Guild's Chaos Pact crowdfunding campaign is live. Sculpts by Pedro Ramos!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skul ... /6580193#/

Reason: ''
I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Goblin Guild Chaos Pact

Post by Regash »

Pedros works is, once again, absolutely awesome.
But I'm all set with minos and GG is still on my black list.

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

What did GG do to you? They've seemed really good at staying active during the last campaign and responding to issues.
I will say the one thing I don't like is they're sticking with the smaller scale instead of adjusting with the inflation.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Regash wrote:GG is still on my black list.
somehow i knew you were going to be one of the first people respond. hahaha

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I'm fine with the scale that nearly every other team I own is in (more or less... there's creep in many places, and truthfully, given the way the goblins and rats from GG's underworld campaign scaled, they may work pretty well against the new teams).

I'm just resigned to the fact that not all teams will look right on the field next to one another; there's no way I'm starting over at this point.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

mikeyc222 wrote:
Regash wrote:GG is still on my black list.
somehow i knew you were going to be one of the first people respond. hahaha
I almost posted the same thing... We are a consistent bunch around these parts, ain't we? :D

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Wifflebat wrote:I'm just resigned to the fact that not all teams will look right on the field next to one another; there's no way I'm starting over at this point.
yeah, i like the concept art and the sculpts that have been shown so far, but i'm going to sit this one out. i spent way too much on BB last year, and i plan on supporting the re-release by buying GW. the budget that i am putting myself on this year will only allow for GW purchases.

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

I like Pedro Ramos sculpts so I've gone for these. He's sculpted some of my favourite teams so far. It's a decent price for a team with three big guys too.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Djay wrote:I will say the one thing I don't like is they're sticking with the smaller scale instead of adjusting with the inflation.
That's a plus point in my book.

Missed a CP teams I liked so will be keeping an eye on this one.

Can someone explain what GG have done (of haven't done) to get in people's bad books? Been burned on a few KS recently so being a little more "buyer beware". (PM is fine if you don't want to off-topic the thread.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
007hor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 007hor »

From what I remember, people received an email regarding forthcoming Goblin Guild miniatures. However, nobody knew how GG had got their email address and people began narrowing things down from recent campaigns and a few companies where suspected of passing emails on. Two of them where Iron Golems and Hungry Troll, but I think they both came on here and profusely denied passing on emails. Either way, GG didn't come back and explain how they got it so this upset a few people further.

Personally, I've dealt with both IG and HT, and didn't receive any GG emails. Since then, we have supported GG's underworld campaign and received our minis a couple of weeks ago. My partner has dealt with the correspondence and she said the guy is polite and very keen to keep his customers happy.

We will more than likely be supporting this campaign too, as we have no issues with Goblin Guild miniatures at all.

On another note, here is the dark elf renegade:

That was liquid football!
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Darkson wrote:Can someone explain what GG have done (of haven't done) to get in people's bad books? Been burned on a few KS recently so being a little more "buyer beware". (PM is fine if you don't want to off-topic the thread.)
The email thing is the only thing I heard about. I participated in their Green Ratz campaign, and communication was good throughout--they had a lot of minis still to be sculpted even after the campaign, but they were clear about it, sent frequent updates, and delivered a bunch of minis that ended up being a good value. I'm in on this one as well.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Wifflebat wrote:delivered a bunch of minis that ended up being a good value.
i agree with that. i got my team yesterday. the casts were really sharp and it was a lot of minis for 70 euro as compared to the prices of some other indie teams. (not that i am complaining about those other indie teams. i understand that they can't do the volume that larger companies do in order to get bulk discounts.)

nivlaps
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nivlaps »

Just to add my subjective opinion: Ofc it's completely black hat to "acquire" email lists, but when we're dealing with tiny miniature manufacturers who're doing an awesome job I think there's also a place for forgiveness. Many people who're in business get a bit eager sometimes, I think GG have learnt their lesson.

And this team is looks truly awesome.

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

My view on the emailing thing was some people new into a little business naively assumed people who adored amazing BB miniatures would want to hear about more amazing BB miniatures, as if we were some small fraternity rather than abiding by the rules of a mass market product. As far as I'm concerned, and I got the dreaded email, they were right. Some people weren't happy. GG hasn't done it again. I got the green rats team last week. They are awesome. Good casts (often a failure on some of the Pedro Ramos minis I've bought in the past). So I'd be happy to go for this Kickstarter when I see more of the minis.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

They've opened up some big-guy only pledges to keep the campaign moving.

Which leads me to admit that I'm puzzled that Greebo's campaign funded instantly, and these are taking a while (and the Greebo campaign is for an "unofficial" team, even...).
  • Is it that the Greebo KS is for the first "real" Bretonnian team we've seen?
    Is it that the GoblinGuild team doesn't have all the models to show yet?
    It it that people only want 32mm now?
    Do people prefer the digital sculpts?
    Do people prefer resin?
    Do people just trust Greebo more since they've had more experience?
Thoughts?

I'm sure they'll fund, so I'm not worried about it, but I'm genuinely puzzled. I'd have thought that the Pedro Ramos sculpts would take off like a rocket.