Franchise football Team on Indigogo

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Franchise football Team on Indigogo

Post by Rayphoton »

As I have a soft spot for people trying to get FF teams released I'll post this here since I have not seen it posted by anyone else.

With the recent re-release of humans in the core-box this might have trouble getting an audience. But they are the best American style football player miniatures I've ever seen so.....

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fran ... -fantasy#/

My work is done here

Reason: ''
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Franchise football Team on Indigogo

Post by ceetee »

I've had a look at these, both male and female human sculpts. I think some of them are beautiful, well proportioned, with a great sense of movement.

However, unless the stretch goals are met, there are just 9 male and 6 female sculpts, and EURO99 is a lot for a 16 player team with repeated minis.

A real shame though, as I'd definitely pick up some of the individual sculpts if the whole team isn't available.

It also appears we can't ask questions / make suggestions unless we contribute first. Pity. Anyone on the forum in touch with him?

Chris

ct
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

ceetee wrote:I've had a look at these, both male and female human sculpts. I think some of them are beautiful, well proportioned, with a great sense of movement.

However, unless the stretch goals are met, there are just 9 male and 6 female sculpts, and EURO99 is a lot for a 16 player team with repeated minis.

A real shame though, as I'd definitely pick up some of the individual sculpts if the whole team isn't available.

It also appears we can't ask questions / make suggestions unless we contribute first. Pity. Anyone on the forum in touch with him?

Chris

there's a facebook group called franchise d.r.a.f.t. that he was soliciting feedback within for a long time prior to launch

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

Still is asking for feedback on how to get the campaign going again since it stalled out right fast.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

For me, this project as a couple of issues.
  1. Timing: There has been the release of the new boxed set with a human team already in it. Unlikely people will start buying a third human team just now. (Old minis, new minis and this would be #3.)
  2. Design: These miniatures are not bad looking. They are just to footbally, the fantasy part is missing.
  3. Boobs: Although the design has a rather realistic approach, there is scantly clad girls with boobs. Just makes no sense at all.
I still wish these guys good luck but for me, this is nothing to be backed from my purse.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Regash wrote:Boobs: Although the design has a rather realistic approach, there is scantly clad girls with boobs. Just makes no sense at all.[/list]
The women are based on the Legends Football League in the USA (more commonly known as the Lingerie Football League). http://www.lflus.com/ so its a real football league with franchise teams in multiple cities and played throughout a full season similar like NFL style football.

So if they were trying to make real football players from professional teams ... I cannot fault them for the look of the figures as those are the outfits of the men from the NFL and the women of the LFL in the US. So I get your other points ... but on this one ... I'm okay with how the women were done based on what they were trying to do with the miniatures.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

Regash wrote:For me, this project as a couple of issues.
  1. Timing: There has been the release of the new boxed set with a human team already in it. Unlikely people will start buying a third human team just now. (Old minis, new minis and this would be #3.)
  2. Design: These miniatures are not bad looking. They are just to footbally, the fantasy part is missing.
  3. Boobs: Although the design has a rather realistic approach, there is scantly clad girls with boobs. Just makes no sense at all.
I still wish these guys good luck but for me, this is nothing to be backed from my purse.
I agree with you on the timing. We just got another human team.

Galaks right though. For the concept ..hes dead on.

As for me I'd totally pick up just the 6 girl miniatures to add some variety to my human team. But that option is not available and i dont need any more human males....I have like....3 human teams

Regash

Post by Regash »

That is why my post started with these words:
@Galak:
I never knew that there is a lingerie football league.
And to be honest, I'd rather not now at all.
Women play football? All fine.
Women dressed as sluts playing football? Seriously? :roll:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Regash wrote:That is why my post started with these words:
@Galak:
I don't watch the LFL ... I am just aware of it.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Regash wrote:That is why my post started with these words:
@Galak:
I don't watch the LFL ... I am just aware of it.
I agree with you, Tom. Can only imagine the 'road rash' they get while playing.