New Dwarves, pitch, dice and special play cards now on sale

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

New Dwarves, pitch, dice and special play cards now on sale

Post by Ithilkir »

Well, the cards and models are. As usual within minutes the dice and pitch are sold out, marked as no longer available and will be going for silly prices on eBay.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Bo ... boxedgames

GW. I want to give you money, why must you refuse it!

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
nivlaps
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New Dwarves, pitch, dice and special play cards now on s

Post by nivlaps »

Yeah, this is just getting silly. GW need to start announcing stuff and making more product. Allowing eBay sharks to sail into the sunset on 100%+ profits is just awful.

Perhaps they could allow preorders that weren't limited at an early enough stage to allow for adjustments in production? :/

MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Pitch sold out as well now?!
Well, I was tempted to get the pitch there for a second, but then decided against it, as I plan to build a nice pitch myself.

Can't wait for the Big Ones and some variety positionals to finally arrive though.

Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Long_Bomb »

I was so determined to get these. I saw the leaked photos earlier in the week and was sat ready at 10am then lost connection. By the time I got on the dice had gone. At least I managed to pick up a pitch.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

As has been said more than once since the re-release, including by Andy H on Facebook, they don't produce the dice or boards themselves (not sure on the cards) and with lead times etc the order for the dwarf dice & pitch was in before the Skaven dice/winter pitch went on sale, so they had no idea they were going to be so popular, nor could they do anything about it.

They have said they're looking into trying to order more.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

This is beyond absurd. I own a game store and I can't even order these through my GW rep. Not only that but my rep told me these would go on sale around 10am east coast time so I got up 'early' to be ready only to find they went on sale hours ago and were gone in minutes, So even GW doesn't know what's going on with BB.

Inexcusable.

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

rule #1 of the retail sales game... don't make it hard for people to give you their money. more "exclusive" (web exclusive anyway) products in limited quantities that sell out in minutes and make it impossible for people to get them any other way than to pay inflated prices on ebay... good work GW, good work.
and yes, i know the arguments about the items being printed elsewhere and lead times, unexpected popularity, they are trying, blah, blah, blah. sorry, but there is no other way to categorize this than a complete fail.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

nivlaps
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nivlaps »

mikeyc222 wrote:Sorry, but there is no other way to categorize this than a complete fail.
This.

smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by smokingmonkee »

Not even up for preorder on Canada GW.

MagicElmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagicElmo »

Darkson wrote:As has been said more than once since the re-release, including by Andy H on Facebook, they don't produce the dice or boards themselves (not sure on the cards) and with lead times etc the order for the dwarf dice & pitch was in before the Skaven dice/winter pitch went on sale, so they had no idea they were going to be so popular, nor could they do anything about it.
That is a valid excuse for producing a low supply only. But they really should then limit the amounts people can buy. I can see how maybe they got surprised with the Skaven Dice, but should have known better now.

Darkson wrote:They have said they're looking into trying to order more.
That would be good to redeem themselves with the customers.

As I said, the whole thing doesn't bother me that much, but these were easy avoidable mistakes. Hope they learn for the next time.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

I was able to preorder the pitch just now. Dice are still unavailable. In their favor, at least they are setting limits of 1 per order on several items. Against their favor, super low stock on Blood Bowl material in general, really sucks. I guess at least they know the game is popular.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

faust_33 wrote:I was able to preorder the pitch just now. Dice are still unavailable. In their favor, at least they are setting limits of 1 per order on several items. Against their favor, super low stock on Blood Bowl material in general, really sucks. I guess at least they know the game is popular.
where did you order from? i am looking at the GW US site and they are sold out, no longer available.

**********edit***********

never mind... apparently i was still set to "deliver to a UK address" when it was showing sold out. i switched to "ship to a US address" and it showed back in stock, and it let me order one.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Both dice and pitches are designated as standard stock rather than limited so will be coming back in.
But yeah, not defending this one though I will say that it isn't Andy's fault, it's a different department that does the buying and he'll be raising it next week.
I was online early, had dice in my cart the moment they went live, and they went unavailable in the time it took me to get to the checkout.
Waiting for them to come back in stock I can live with, BUT the pitch, cards and dice would have been free postage, without the dice I had to pay postage of half what the dice cost, and that has me effing furious. It;s a small amount but it's the principle of the thing. They need to order these things in much larger quantities and need to cap the amount that can be pre-ordered to 2 per customer at most.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

I think instead of getting angry about scalpers on eBay and the limited initial stock, we need to bear in mind that scalpers wouldn't keep doing this if gamers weren't buying them at the inflated prices (despite most forums/FB pages clearly telling folks the items will eventually be back in stock again). If we're being fair, impatient customers have to take some blame for the success of the scalpers.

Please note I am NOT a re-seller or GW fan boy (don't play anything but BB, maybe some Necromunda). I also abhor the current situation of low stock from GW but I also realize they are a large company run by suits like any other. If I had a dime for every poor decision from the management at my workplace I could have retired years ago, lol.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

@mikeyc: glad you were able to get it sorted out. I guess for those in the UK, the pitch is sold out then? That sucks.

@JT-Y: Ugh, having the dice in your cart and then finding out it is unavailable is really lame. Most sites will at least lock the item in for a little while when you add it to your cart. I was thinking last night that maybe I should stay up a little later to watch the order page, but I guess I probably would have still missed it. You said the dice and pitches are standard stock. Does that mean that the Skaven/Dwarf dice and the Blood on the Snow pitch will both be available later?