New Dwarves, pitch, dice and special play cards now on sale

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: New Dwarves, pitch, dice and special play cards now on s

Post by JT-Y »

Skaven dice are coming back in yes. Snow pitch should be as well but I don't imagine that will be available all year round, it's a bit too seasonal to my mind with the Christmas trees and whatnot. I guess we'll see, I don't actually know much more about that one.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Cards are limited or standard stock?

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Not asked, sorry. Guessing standard but the sort of thing that, being printed out of house, won't be restocked immediately if they do sell out.

Sargon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sargon »

Steam Ball wrote:Cards are limited or standard stock?
The cards were the only item I noticed with the "Available while stocks last!" comment in the description, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are limited, although that would seem silly because reprinting cards should be a relatively easy thing to do.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

A lot of the frustration could be alleviated if they were just consistent with the messaging on their web site. I checked in this morning, and some of the items have "email me" buttons, which would indicate they are restocking at a later date. Other items, like the Blood on the Snow pitch, simply show 'sold out, not available', which would indicate we won't ever see those again. If that's really the case, then pull them from the page. Which brings me to the Skaven dice, which have been removed from the site. Frankly, this has been a horrible rollout for a game. While it probably won't matter, I'm going to email GW and complain about the lack of information regarding stock/availability. Maybe if they get enough emails, they will take note.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I missed out on the dice as well, though at least this time I was actually busy.

Hopefully these and the skaven ones will be back in stock at some stage as both sets looked cool.

*edit* Just looked back at the site to check out the dwarfs and it appears both the dice and pitch are now "temporarily out of stock" rather than sold out. :D

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

"temporarily out of stock" at least tells us something. I'm frustrated with the total removal of Skaven dice and the 'Sold Out'no longer available' messages on things like the Special Play Cards, Blood on the Snow pitch. It's just ridiculous overall. I'm really hoping later releases go a lot smoother, but I'm definitely not too happy right now. Good thing I've held onto my older miniatures, because if things don't shape up, I might just stick with those.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Well, I'm pretty sure though not 100% that when dice and pitches come back they're going to be available via Forge World rather than the big site. Hence why the labeling on the out of stock stuff is a bit confusing.
Skaven and Dwarf dice are coming back in stock.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

I got the dice and the cards, but not the pitch. By the time I went to the checkout the pitch went from in stock to sold out.

Not a great look when you sell out of items within 15 minutes of pre-orders opening.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

JT-Y wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure though not 100% that when dice and pitches come back they're going to be available via Forge World rather than the big site. Hence why the labeling on the out of stock stuff is a bit confusing.
Skaven and Dwarf dice are coming back in stock.
It will be good if they do get the dice and pitches back in stock. The fact that they will only be sold through Forge World will still upset people though as they'll now have to pay shipping costs on their orders, making them more expensive, simply due to GW not being able to get remotely close to guessing the demand for BB stuff.

On the plus side, it means that Blood Bowl sales are well above what GW had anticipated, so it bodes well for continued GW support for the game.

On the negative side, the massive under-ordering (combined with exclusive in-store only Warhammer World minis) could cause some people to just give up on Blood Bowl stuff from GW. Those two things combined haven't been a great look.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Interesting that the GW Australia website previously said "Sold Out" in regards to the Skaven/Dwarf pitch. Now it is listed as "Temporarily Out Of Stock" instead. So that does give some hope to GW producing more.

Edit: The Snow pitch is still listed as "Sold Out - No Longer Available" though.

Slothman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slothman »

MagicElmo wrote:Pitch sold out as well now?!
Well, I was tempted to get the pitch there for a second, but then decided against it, as I plan to build a nice pitch myself.

Can't wait for the Big Ones and some variety positionals to finally arrive though.
I have refused to purchase anything from GW until they actually produce packs so I don't have to buy double of everything. Not one person locally has purchased $1 of the new release stuff.

zer0aim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zer0aim »

Olaf the Stout wrote:I got the dice and the cards, but not the pitch. By the time I went to the checkout the pitch went from in stock to sold out.

Not a great look when you sell out of items within 15 minutes of pre-orders opening.
I was not lucky enough to get the dice, bu the same happened to me with the pitch. I just cancelled my order.

Good thing you can find the pitch on Ebay at $90 :pissed:

nivlaps
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nivlaps »

Olaf the Stout wrote:Interesting that the GW Australia website previously said "Sold Out" in regards to the Skaven/Dwarf pitch. Now it is listed as "Temporarily Out Of Stock" instead. So that does give some hope to GW producing more.
Good spot. Hopefully, this means we'll see a bit more support for the game and all of us older gamers who don't necessarily want the half-baked cookie-cutter teams GW have put out so far, but who're keen to get speciality racial stuff like dice and pitches. (I'm guessing this is part of the problem as well...)

Really hope they put out some nice boosters for the initial teams...however, it strikes me as odd that GW hasn't thought the market through a bit better - there's many old timers out there who will sink cash into anything BB, and undersupplying and putting out teams with not enough positionals is just not catering to that market at all...

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

One good sign with the dwarfs is that they have made different heads for the trollslayers and blitzers, though I suppose Dwarfs are a special case as they have just 6 non-big guy positionals.

Another good sign is that all the new Blood Bowl stuff is temporarily out of stock on the UK site at the moment. We all know that what most motivates GW is sales and hopefully this will encourage them to treat BB better than in the past.

Though 1 slight concern is that if these are seen to be limited it might attract scalpers rather than genuine gamers.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.