One Rule Book to rule them all.

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: One Rule Book to rule them all.

Post by VoodooMike »

They can just sell people a rulebook subscription... which gives them the PDF of the compiled rules, and then the weekly errata they seem to require since they don't read or playtest their own rules ahead of time.

Reason: ''
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Babs wrote:
frogboy wrote:There not going to publish a single book when they are releasing new content every month. They'd have to release or at least update the main book every month also.
Incorrect. Zero points for you. :wink: :smoking: Please see information from Andy Hoare:

"Rulebook:
* Do you plan to collate all the rules into one document, rather than the current five places to look? (Blood Bowl rulebook, Deathzone Season one, Errata, Teams of Legend, Q&A)
AH> Yup, this is being done right now! "

The best way would be an update to the app/ebook purchase, that gets updated with each new release automatically (after all, we are in a Web 2.0 world) but we will have to wait and see how it will work.

Does that answer your question Voyagers?
While I am a fan of the single, updated online subscription based rulebook, it has one big problem that I fear. If my league doesn't want to change rules for a season, how do we tell new coaches which part of the book is in effect. Writing a comprehensive rulebook will be daunting to begin with. While updating it with each new thing is possible, I hope they date stamp each of the changes. Otherwise it only goes a small way to solving the problem of explaining to new coaches which rules we use.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Babs wrote:
frogboy wrote:There not going to publish a single book when they are releasing new content every month. They'd have to release or at least update the main book every month also.
Incorrect. Zero points for you. :wink: :smoking: Please see information from Andy Hoare:

"Rulebook:
* Do you plan to collate all the rules into one document, rather than the current five places to look? (Blood Bowl rulebook, Deathzone Season one, Errata, Teams of Legend, Q&A)
AH> Yup, this is being done right now! "

The best way would be an update to the app/ebook purchase, that gets updated with each new release automatically (after all, we are in a Web 2.0 world) but we will have to wait and see how it will work.

Does that answer your question Voyagers?
Great news, wonder when we will see it.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

The best way is to have a free rules pack download which is periodically updated. Maybe every month or so until all the teams are included and it's up to CRP level of quality. After that, switch to a BBRC style structure, where the rules get a review and possible update every couple years.

Or try to make a quick buck (Pound?) selling rules which nobody is going to want to buy. GW is a miniatures manufacturer, it's in their mission statement. They're pretty good at making miniatures and not good at making rules.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

voyagers_uk wrote:you acknowledge that the current path is a mess and that people should use the LRB 6.0, however if you were faced with a bunch of potential players who want to join the league and have been attracted by the new release it does seem a bit backward to request that they use only old rules and have to keep manual recordsa for any "house rules" or experimental whims of FW.
Happy to be called backwards as that's what I'm doing. As long as I'm running our league we'll be using the CRP, at least until there's one book to worry about, rather than the 5+ documents there are currently.
And even then, I'll probably stick to the CRP, as I think the league/post-match changes are awful.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Slothman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slothman »

Darkson wrote:
voyagers_uk wrote:you acknowledge that the current path is a mess and that people should use the LRB 6.0, however if you were faced with a bunch of potential players who want to join the league and have been attracted by the new release it does seem a bit backward to request that they use only old rules and have to keep manual recordsa for any "house rules" or experimental whims of FW.
Happy to be called backwards as that's what I'm doing. As long as I'm running our league we'll be using the CRP, at least until there's one book to worry about, rather than the 5+ documents there are currently.
And even then, I'll probably stick to the CRP, as I think the league/post-match changes are awful.
Same here.

I removed the rest of the post as I think it would be deemed as a whinge.

In short, its a great thing Impact Mini's are still around. They have gotten WAY more new players into the game locally than the new BB release ;)

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Mods! Seriously, stop censoring needlessly. (and Darkson, you know what I'm alluding to here!)

I think it's important that we are able to complain appropriately on a forum that Andy Hoare and others actually read (ie they come to TFF to look).
This is doubly important since complaints on other avenues (such as their official facebook groups) are deleted.
I personally would like to see what Darkson wrote. I can also act as a conduit for constructive criticism back to 'where it matters'.

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Slothman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slothman »

Babs wrote:Mods! Seriously, stop censoring needlessly....
If that is alluding to me above, that was my own self censor ;)

After reading through mine was a whinge, not constructive at all ;)

WeeManBiggins
Experienced
Experienced

Post by WeeManBiggins »

Darkson wrote:
Exactly my issue with the new set of books and rulebooks. We will be using CRP rules until there is one source for all the rules (if this ever happens of course). After compiling the list I mentioned before and crunching numbers using the new post season system (which isn't a bad concept but for a league playing 10-12 games max) is pretty unforgiving and punishes players for wanted to keep hold of top players.
Also too many sources for the coaches to read is off putting even for the veterans of our league let alone new players.

HDWSBBL Commissioner
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Babs wrote:Mods! Seriously, stop censoring needlessly. (and Darkson, you know what I'm alluding to here!)

I think it's important that we are able to complain appropriately on a forum that Andy Hoare and others actually read (ie they come to TFF to look).
This is doubly important since complaints on other avenues (such as their official facebook groups) are deleted.
I personally would like to see what Darkson wrote. I can also act as a conduit for constructive criticism back to 'where it matters'.
1. Nope, I have no idea what you're alluding to.
2. According to the log there has been no mod or admin action on this thread.
3. You can see what I wrote, it's in my post.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Thanks Babs

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Who is still holding their breath for the single document rules?
I would like to see them but I am afraid that the best way is to use CRP and apply changes to it. So you still have a single document.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

maybe run it like buy this, it is the main source material then add to it. Similar to the old D&D monster manuals where you kept adding to a binder. Errata could be replace page 4 with this page in the next pack or errata being printable from online.

Though idea of the app getting the errata through updates would be great