Loner or Nega-skill loss

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Loner or Nega-skill loss

Post by frogboy »

Lychanthrope wrote:
Wifflebat wrote:You'd have to pick and choose which traits were eligible to lose.

I'd be in favor of this for Loner, or Bonehead, but being able to lose Secret Weapon or No Hands might create some huge messes. (And who decides what's a negatrait? Yes, please, I'll remove Ball and Chain from my Fanatic on a 12...)
Why would you want to lose Ball and Chain? That's the whole purpose of having a fanatic. If you don't want ball and chain don't take a fanatic.

No hands is not a nega skill. It's a statement of fact. This player doesn't have any hands or doesn't have any hands available.
if you removed "ball & chain" you would have a strength 7 goblin

also "no hands" is a skill

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Mystic force

Post by Mystic Force »

If you were to remove negatraits from players my prefered option would be along these lines

"When a player reaches the 4th (or 5th or 6th?) skill roll, the coach may choose to remove one of the followimg skills from the player XXXXX (example bone head, off for a bite.....) instead of rolling on the skill table. Add YY,YYYYgps to their TV"

This way it is not for the lucky few, but a reward for long survival. I would like it to be possible to create your own, or near as good, Morg N Throg or Count Luthor Von Drakenburg.

Next you would have to decide on the skills in the list, what advancment level you could do this at and how much it is worth. But other than that it is fairly simple with no dramatic effects

I am a pro "fun" guy.
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Loner or Nega-skill loss

Post by Milo »

frogboy wrote:
Lychanthrope wrote:
Wifflebat wrote:You'd have to pick and choose which traits were eligible to lose.

I'd be in favor of this for Loner, or Bonehead, but being able to lose Secret Weapon or No Hands might create some huge messes. (And who decides what's a negatrait? Yes, please, I'll remove Ball and Chain from my Fanatic on a 12...)
Why would you want to lose Ball and Chain? That's the whole purpose of having a fanatic. If you don't want ball and chain don't take a fanatic.

No hands is not a nega skill. It's a statement of fact. This player doesn't have any hands or doesn't have any hands available.
if you removed "ball & chain" you would have a strength 7 goblin

also "no hands" is a skill
Those are both excellent points.

Milo

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Mystic force

Post by rolo »

Mystic Force wrote:"When a player reaches the 4th (or 5th or 6th?) skill roll, the coach may choose to remove one of the followimg skills from the player XXXXX (example bone head, off for a bite.....) instead of rolling on the skill table. Add YY,YYYYgps to their TV"
I really like this idea. First of all to make interesting players, and second because Big Guys' quickly run out of useful non-doubles skills which they can take.
You can probably derive values for Y from Star Player pricing, although I suspect that this is kind of arbitrary. Headsplitter costs 90k more than a Rat Ogre with +ST and +AG, and loses Wild Animal. Assuming you count Regeneration as a 30k "doubles" skill, Icepelt costs 90k more than a Yeti with +ST, Thick Skull, and Regeneration. Grashnak costs 80k more than a Minotaur with +MA and +ST. So it looks like losing Wild Animal is "worth" about 80-90k of team rating.
This isn't perfect, because a lot of Star Players have suboptimal skill and stat choices (how many coaches would take +AG on a Rat Ogre?), so even with this math, developed players might be more effective for the same cost when compared to star players. But it's a place to start.

(Not that I expect a rule like this to ever be officially implemented! But it's fun to talk and theorize about).

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"