Blood Bowl 2 legendary edition

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

the_Sage
Rookie
Rookie

Blood Bowl 2 legendary edition

Post by the_Sage »

So BB2 is finally being finished, with 8 races being added with Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition. This brings the total # of teams to 24 (no pact or khorne, but including Brets & Underworld, and with Kislev as reskinned Slann). It'll be priced as a big DLC (20 euros maybe?) for existing BB2 coaches (which gets you the 8 races), and as a full price game for new coaches (which gets you all 24 races).
It WILL have some very cool options, including a team editor that will let you create teams complete with SPPs and injuries (allowing imported TT/FUMBBL/BB1/whatever teams) and a match editor, allowing hybrid TT/BB2 leagues. You can watch a 10-minute video describing the changes here.

Reason: ''
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Blood Bowl 2 legendary edition

Post by straume »

Also worth to mention: Option for swiss resurrection style tournaments.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

So basically they're trying the same shit as they did with BB1 and sell you the same game more than once?
Gods, I'm so glad I didn't join in on BB2... I knew they'll try and rip their customers off again.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I don't mind. Developing new skins and races isn't free for Cyanide.
Neither is running the servers.

Would you rather have seen a monthly subscription plan?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Regash wrote:So basically they're trying the same shit as they did with BB1 and sell you the same game more than once?
Gods, I'm so glad I didn't join in on BB2... I knew they'll try and rip their customers off again.
BB2 owners will be able to buy a DLC pack for ~$20 to upgrade to LE. It will not be necessary to buy LE if you don't want it and BB2 vanilla will be 100% compatible with LE.

So, no, they are not doing what they did with BB1.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Yeah, people are so used to get games sold in slices, they don't worry about it anymore.
Anyway, I don't have BB2 and will not even buy it if the final ultra edition comes to stores.

Cyanide ripped me off real good, I'm not jumping their train again.

This is my personal opinion, like it or leave it.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Of course you are welcome to your opinion. I was merely correcting the factual error.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

This is good news as far as I am concerned, would much rather they use the count as rules to bring in banned teams like slann than making up new ones.

Not sure if Kiselv really suits having mass VLL, but I do like the rules.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Regash wrote:So basically they're trying the same shit as they did with BB1 and sell you the same game more than once?
Actually, it's much worse than that. Not only are they selling you the same game a second time, they're restricting the new functionality to the new "version" of the same game. Yes, BB2 and BB2:LE can play games against each other in online leagues... but BB2:LE gets access to things like a team editor to make teams that can potentially be imported to online play against regular BB2 people... or to rez leagues that BB2 people won't be allowed to participate in.

So they're selling you a base functionality patch for the same game... not just selling you the same game with some new races added. They're also forcing the old BB2 owners to buy Chaos Dwarf and Khemri separately, while handing them out for free to people who purchase the full version of BB2:LE rather than the upgrade (along with all past DLC).
Pedda wrote:Would you rather have seen a monthly subscription plan?
Like we did in BB1? Oh wait.. no we didn't... and they didn't try to gouge us on DLC back then either. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that games like Guild Wars 2 have more users connected to their servers, but they don't have a monthly subscription and they've sold ONE expansion to the game.

Generally speaking you either do a DLC model, an expansion model, or a stand-alone version model. Cyanide/Focus is seeing how many of your holes they can stick it in before you complain. Some people are looser than others.

bbart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bbart »

I just upgraded to LE. Curies if it is possible to build a custom team with Star Players in permanent? I mean kind of proper tournament roster in resurrection mode?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
bbart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bbart »

Cheers, i checked it already, but the NAF official ladder doesn't allow to use inducement at all.
I still queries if I can add Star Players to Cockerel, not in pre-match sequence for a petty cash, but permanently during team creation?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

bbart wrote:Cheers, i checked it already, but the NAF official ladder doesn't allow to use inducement at all.
I still queries if I can add Star Players to Cockerel, not in pre-match sequence for a petty cash, but permanently during team creation?
Ah OK. Good to see the autoreplace of r00ster to cockerel is still there, very mature. I don't know the answer, by the way...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler